nLite.inf not found when using RVM Integrator

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
war59312

nLite.inf not found when using RVM Integrator

Post by war59312 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:37 am

Hey,

Well I used RVM Integrator to intergate the last pack and during install I get an error saying it can not find nLite.inf.

I did not use nLite at all. This is a new install from strach with just the update pack using RVM Integrator. Nothing else.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Will
God Bless America

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:30 am

Very odd?? So the cd you used was an original XP disk with SP2? You did not use any other addons?
If so I want to say it is impossible... but I could be wrong. Is there any other information you can think of that may help troubleshoot your issue? I have no clue as to why you would get an error like that. As far as I know the UpdatePack does not contain any inf pertaining to nlite... or refer to such a file.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

war59312

Post by war59312 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:47 am

Siginet wrote:Very odd?? So the cd you used was an original XP disk with SP2? You did not use any other addons?
If so I want to say it is impossible... but I could be wrong. Is there any other information you can think of that may help troubleshoot your issue? I have no clue as to why you would get an error like that. As far as I know the UpdatePack does not contain any inf pertaining to nlite... or refer to such a file.
Yes its an orginal Retail Windows XP SP2 Pro. cd from best buy.

I then intergated only ryans update pack and nothing else. No add ons.

And yes there is no Nlite.inf in i386 dirctory. But appariently something is pointing to it.

Sorry I deleted the log files since there was no errors or anything.

I will try re intergating it again friday.

And by the way I have done this many times and have never gotten this error. But it's the first time I intergated ryan's 2.0.1 pack. Before I was only using ryan's 2.0 pack.

I really dont know what else information would help since that's the bottom line....

Oh and btw the way the install continues like normal after this error and I see no problems after install either. Everything seems to be installed fine.

cya,

Will

Update: Well, I just found the problem. :)

Some how my cmdlines.txt file got put into the i386 dir and some how it was getting ran. The file itself looks like nlite edited it on me the last time I used it. Did not relize it touched this file. I do not even understand why it did since last time I used it all I did was intergate ryans 2.0 pack.

See it changed my cmdlines.txt to read:

Code: Select all

[COMMANDS]
"REGEDIT /S AllUsers.reg"
"REGEDIT /S CurrentUser.reg"
"REGEDIT /S removeContextMenus.reg"
"REGEDIT /S Services.reg"
"REGEDIT /S Theme.reg"
"rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection nLite.inf,nLiteReg"
"REG ADD HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce /V AutoOrder /D autoorder.vbs /F"

; Customized by nLite - www.nliteos.com
So i removed the file and it works fine once again. Very strange. Have no idea how my cmdlines file got there and besides I always thought it had to be in the $OEM$ to run. Guess not.

That and I had no idea that nlite touched cmdlines.txt . Wish it told me....

Well now I know...

So no problem with the intergrater.... :D

So post can be locked if u wish....

Thanks buddy!
God Bless America