Problems installing RyanVM's pack from a second harddrive

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
erik_demon

Problems installing RyanVM's pack from a second harddrive

Post by erik_demon » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:18 pm

Hey RyanVM,

I use your update packs for quite a while now and they have always worked superB for me.

Since my unattended grew bigger and bigger (I also install games unattended) I needed some more space, so I bought a second harddrive to install from 8) .

I now use BartPE to boot from, and I install with the following code:

Code: Select all

%SetupFiles%\winnt32.exe /s:%SetupFiles% /unattend:%AnswerFile% /tempdrive:C /syspart:C
This code works great and it runs my unattended perfectly well.

Then I applied your update pack (which always worked flawless with a CD based install).

I received a couple of nasty error message. Below you can find a report, but first some more information about my configuration:

- My OS is a Dutch Windows XP pro (Sp2 intergraded)
- I use hp38guser February pack (I also tried your lite packs when they still supported all other langauges, same probs)
- When I use your pack with a cd install it works perfect
- I both tryed NLite and the manuel way to intergrade your pack
- Of course I always started a new try with a clean version of windows
- I use no modified or hacked file

Error1:
In textmode when T=15 I get the following error:

install cant find icfgnt.dll
When I press any key, setup continues

Error2:
I use WPI to install my on first boot: It now seems that windows doesn't recognize the .hta extension

Error3:
My printer won't get installed. I get the following error:

RPC service is not available
Error 4:
Windows installer does not work anymore (probably because RPC services is unavailable.

When I check the setuperr.txt, I get this report:

Fout:
C:\$WIN_NT$.~LS\i386\mchgrcoi.dll is niet naar C:\WINDOWS\system32\mchgrcoi.dll gekopieerd vanwege de volgende fout:
De bewerking is geannuleerd door de gebruiker.

Fout:
C:\$WIN_NT$.~LS\i386\TSHOOT.dll is niet naar C:\WINDOWS\help\TSHOOT.dll gekopieerd vanwege de volgende fout:

Fout:
Setup kan enkele onderdelen niet verwerken vanwege de volgende fout:

Fout:
Setup kan OLE-besturing C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\HelpHost.exe niet in het register opnemen vanwege de volgende fout:
Unknown heeft fout 0 geretourneerd. (0)

Fout:
Setup kan OLE-besturing C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\brpinfo.dll niet in het register opnemen vanwege de volgende fout:
LoadLibrary heeft de volgende fout geretourneerd: 126 (de opgegeven module kan niet worden gevonden).

Fout:
Setup heeft problemen het volgende DLL-bestand voor OLE-besturing in het register op te nemen:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetcfg.dll

Neem contact op met uw systeembeheerder, die u verder kan helpen.

Fout:
Setup kan OLE-besturing C:\WINDOWS\system32\activeds.dll niet in het register opnemen vanwege de volgende fout:
DllRegisterServer heeft fout 2147746132 geretourneerd. (80040154)

Fout:
Setup kan OLE-besturing C:\WINDOWS\system32\userenv.dll niet in het register opnemen vanwege de volgende fout:
DllInstall heeft fout 2147746132 geretourneerd. (80040154)

Fout:
Setup kan OLE-besturing C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSInfo\ieinfo5.ocx niet in het register opnemen vanwege de volgende fout:
LoadLibrary heeft de volgende fout geretourneerd: 126 (de opgegeven module kan niet worden gevonden).

Fout:
Setup kan OLE-besturing C:\WINDOWS\system32\eventcls.dll niet in het register opnemen vanwege de volgende fout:
DllInstall heeft fout 2147549183 geretourneerd. (8000ffff)

Fout:
Setup kan OLE-besturing C:\WINDOWS\system32\swprv.dll niet in het register opnemen vanwege de volgende fout:
DllInstall heeft fout 2147549183 geretourneerd. (8000ffff)

There seem to be more problems with installing by using winnt32.exe
http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=39510

Thank you for your help

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:52 pm

No clue guys. I've never done a winnt32.exe install in my life. I can't see what changes I've made would cause that, as I don't hack any files and the only modification made to windows setup files are adding a few more lines to dosnet.inf and txtsetup.sif
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:57 pm

If you guys investigate it more, please do keep me informed on your progress.

nuhi

Post by nuhi » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:32 pm

This issue I faced too with some of nLite users...though they are rare.

erik_demon, Do you use some 4in1, MSDN or similiar ISO ?

erik_demon

Post by erik_demon » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:38 am

@nuhi:

I don't use 4 in 1 (I thnik you mean VIA drivers), nor MSDN, nor do I use an ISO.

You say some other people had this problem, did they fix it?

Thanks.

@RyanVM:
It indeed is a bizar problem, non of the files in your pack (or in hp38guser's pack) have anything to do with the errors that I had. It must be something under the hood.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:15 pm

He means 4in1 like multiboot

nfm

Post by nfm » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:54 pm

I get same error when i try to use wmp.in_ from mce2005 in xp pro. I've been, messing around with complete integration of wmp10 and icfgnt.dll bothers me. I receive exactly same error, T-15. When i use orginal wmp.in_ it's OK. I wrote my custom wmp.in_ (very similar to one in mce2005) and guess what? "Install cannot find icfgnt.dll" After that error components within sysoc.in_ fail to install. Windows just dosen't get properly installed after that. What the hell is going on?
DFI LanParty UT SLI-DR, 510-2Mod BIOS
146 Opteron at 3.21Ghz, 1.568v WC, 3.5Ghz on DIce
G.SKILL PC3200 BH-5 DDR540+ 2-2-2-0 twtr=1, 3.68v
OCZ 520W 3.3v at 3.81 5.0v at 5.11v 12v at 12.61v

TinkerToyz

Post by TinkerToyz » Wed May 18, 2005 12:27 pm

I am using a MS Select CD of XPSP2 ... copied to my HD and then manually added the RyanVM Update Pack. Modified source files are then moved to a network share point and WinPE is used to run an unatteneded install.
During install at 14 minute mark, just go the error:
Windows cannot load the Internet Configuration library (ICFGNT.DLL). The following error occurred: The specified module could not be found.
Thoughts?

shinomen

Post by shinomen » Fri May 20, 2005 12:10 pm

I'm using windows xp home oem version that I have setup to install from a bart pe cd using winnt32.exe. After integrating the full xp updates pack and the medium pack I get this error.

Windows cannot load the Internet Configuration library (ICFGNT.DLL). The following error occurred: The specified module could not be found.

I don't think I got the error with the lite pack but I'm going to go back and test again.

n7Epsilon

Post by n7Epsilon » Sat May 21, 2005 3:23 pm

I too had this problem once (early with the 1.2 pack), it made me pull my hair out too, but this will hopefully fix it... It worked for me...
MsDosInitiated="0"
- Try changing this value to 1
ie: change it to

MsDosInitiated="1"
- But that also means that the WINNT.SIF that will contain this line can only be run in DOS ...

Unless, of course, you leave the original WINNT.SIF intact and put this in a HDDINST.SIF, which you would use as your answer file on installation from the second hard drive

- That way, you will make the installation working in both cases (CD install, HD install)

shinomen

Post by shinomen » Sun May 22, 2005 8:23 pm

I went back and tested. Any pack other than the lite pack gives me the following error:
I did a manual integration using windows xp home oem with SP2. I also did an Nlite integration and the same thing happens.

I'm guessing it's a bug in one of the fixes but I don't know what to do to fix this.

Draxx

Post by Draxx » Mon May 23, 2005 9:18 am

I'm having exactly the same problem with XP Home (both SP2 and SP1a integrated with SP2). I'm only adding the update pack (full) and the new fix for it.

I tried with a SP1 CD integrated with SP2, just to see if it was missing a SP1 file, but it still does the same thing.

I'm gonna try a non-SP one, integrated with SP1 then SP2

Unless it's just the OEM version of HOME

shinomen

Post by shinomen » Mon May 23, 2005 4:01 pm

I just recently tried slipstreaming windows media player 10 into my installation files which I had successfully slipstreamed ryanvm's lite pack, and tested with no problems.

The result:
I used windows media player 10 slipstreamer 3.0 that I found in the msfn forums, so I'm going to go over there and post as well.

Just thought this information might help.