Known Issues with RVM Integrator 1.05?

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
FlyingGleek

Known Issues with RVM Integrator 1.05?

Post by FlyingGleek » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:53 pm

I can't find a thread with the known issues of the current integrator.

I'm trying to integrate 59 addons and although they seem to work individually, they don't play nice together when I try to install them all at once.

Does the 1.05 integrator have issues with how many addons it can handle? Will the new 1.1 version have these same limitations?

I guess I can click on a few switchless installers after windows has installed for now, but am wondering if it's the interaction of the addons or a limit or bug of the integrator (or both)?

Maybe it would be easier if the smarts on this board was concentrated on making a program that combines 2 or more exisiting addons to make our own personal "uber addon" pack.

BTW, If this is fixed in the 1.1 RVMI release I'll wait before re-installing windows, but is there any time-frame for the next RVM Integrator release?

Thank you RyanVM and all the others for your excellent work.

Cheers!

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:08 am

59 HOLY SHIT!!!! WOW! The integrator should handle them all fine.

DisabledTrucker
Location: Country of Mental on the Planet Trucker in the MidnightHunter Galaxy.

Post by DisabledTrucker » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:15 am

It should, yes, as long as there isn't a problem with one of them. Just one of them having a small error will cause them all not to work correctly, so go and try and add them one at a time first to see if there is one or more that doesn't work correctly, if that's the case then you'll have to remove those from you're pack's install until they are fixed, just remember to go back to the thread and report your findings so that it can be fixed, it seems that people who are having problems with their packs that do this aren't reporting back that they are having problems so the packs can be fixed...
Matthew 22:36-40

I have some gmail invites left, if you'd like one IM me and let me know.

[url=mms://wmc1.liquidviewer.net/WNOR]WNOR FM-99[/url] The best station in the world!

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:14 am

59.....HOLY CRAP ALRIGHT.....must be some sort of record. :o
FlyingGleek wrote:
Maybe it would be easier if the smarts on this board was concentrated on making a program that combines 2 or more exisiting addons
Well there are already a number of multi-addon packs such as Kel's, which more than likely already contain a good part of the addons you're using. Besides if you wish to make your own, it's not that difficult...the forum contains a number of "how to's" if you're up for a read.
Last edited by Aussie on Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:58 am

Funny you should mention that FlyingGeek. When I first split the addons off from my main Update Pack, I had ultimately intended something similar to what you described (you can find my posts about it around here if you search). I wouldn't expect it any time soon, but it's still a possibility for down the road.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

FlyingGleek

Post by FlyingGleek » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:06 pm

Thanks for the replys guys (girls?) Hahaha... so the number I'm adding isn't the problem - I'll try them one at a time over the next few days to see which one is breaking them all.

BTW, I found that just adding more addons after a few were integrated will almost guarantee to break it (whether I use the RVMI 1.05 or nLite 1.05). Is this a known issue? I currently (have to) start over from scratch for each new 'try', otherwise, I just make coasters.

Just to clarify a little:
I add the RVM Update202a, RyanVM's WMP2.0 Pack, Kels UberPack, Kels CPL Bonus Pack, Kel's Runtimes addon, RikGale's XPRAID5 Pack, dgelwin's 7Zip Addons, RogueSpear's Admin Pack (these I count as 9 addons), and 50 others. When all is said and done, there are over 250 programs/utilities installed when/if Windows finally boots.

RyanVM, I think your program should be welcomed by most people if/when you decide to pursue it (I know you're still recovering from your RAID meltdown - glad you made it through). If it has any error-checking built-in to fix or at least flag any possible conflicts between two addons, it will be very easy to make "personal packs" for each type of end user. I for one would eagerly await such a program!

Aussie, as you can read from above, I'm already including most of the multi-addon packs... and, I have made a few (actually Made is a strong word, I've Modified a few to my preferences) :)

I read every post on this board - not that most of the material sinks in (Kelsenellenelvian, dgelwin, Mrs. Peel, RogueSpear, Siginet, RyanVM and many others... Whew! some of your posts I have to read a few times to understand that I really don't understand anything you wrote!), but at least I'm 'up' on what is currently happening in our addon world.

RyanVM, now that I'm thinking about this, maybe the Integrator could have that function built-in sometime down the road (to combine two or more addons)? Now that would be too cool!

Cheers!

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:15 pm

FlyingGleek wrote:RyanVM, now that I'm thinking about this, maybe the Integrator could have that function built-in sometime down the road (to combine two or more addons)? Now that would be too cool!
That's what I was getting at...

FlyingGleek

Post by FlyingGleek » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:21 pm

RyanVM wrote:
FlyingGleek wrote:RyanVM, now that I'm thinking about this, maybe the Integrator could have that function built-in sometime down the road (to combine two or more addons)? Now that would be too cool!
That's what I was getting at...

WOOOOOOOOOOOT!!! :D

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:29 pm

FlyingGleek wrote:WOOOOOOOOOOOT!!! :D
RyanVM wrote:I wouldn't expect it any time soon, but it's still a possibility for down the road.

zzzz

Post by zzzz » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:29 am

Quick question: do addons need to be in order (so I have to rename them)? or could I just "select all" and let it integrate & order doesn't matter at all?

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:10 am

I think most (if not all) addons do not matter what order they are in. I know certain things like... .net specific apps would need .net installed first.

An update pack will allways integrate first. Then the addons follow. ;)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

zzzz

Post by zzzz » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:15 pm

Thanks. So I'll just leave them there :-).