Problems with nlite & ryans cab

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
ozzy214

Problems with nlite & ryans cab

Post by ozzy214 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:27 am

Okay I have a xp pro disc with sp2. It has already been doctered up with uwi automatic installer. Anyway here is the problem. I used nlite to add ryans cab to it which seemed to work. Then made a bootable iso. The problem is during intitial setp when setup loads nec files before restarting it cant copy a lot of sys files. One for example is usb drivers and blah blah. So I kept hitting esc key and then finally it restarted and setup went as normal.

Nut I know its screwd up cause I cant even install the nforce package cause dll files are missing. Any ideas? I had at first that it was the cd rw...so I decided to take a chance on a brand new verbatim cd and I guess its a coaster now.

I do not have this problem before combining the cab.

Edit....BTW I doubt it as anytthing to do with it, but I was using imgburn at low speed to burn. Something like 8x with the verbatim disc and 10 with cd rw.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:13 pm

How cute.... another lost nlite soul. :)

Sorry man... most of the people here do not know how to troubleshoot nlite very well. You would have a much better chance to ask at nuhi's forums. If you have the same issue with the RVMIntegrator then you would want to check your md5hashes on your files and if that does not help then try removing some of the addons you are using. You may narrow the problem down to a specific addon. If you do find a problomatic addon... please post here to let everyone know.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:18 pm

Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

ozzy214

Post by ozzy214 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:27 pm

Hmm when I used ryans intergrator it had messed up the ability to boot the cd. Unless the iso program did. Thank god I have virtual pc. Anyway I will try ryans integrator and see what happens. If I have the same prob then I guess its something else.

On a happy note I just used nlite to slipstream a xp sp1 disc someone sent me and to add ryans cab to it. No problems installing using virtual pc....so maybe there is something buggy going on with uwi unnattended deal. Cause I didnt use it with the home edition I just did. HMM!!!

ozzy214

Post by ozzy214 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:51 pm

This dont make no sense. Now i tried it on the win pro im trying to doctor up and it says sfc dll and something else can be found.

ozzy214

Post by ozzy214 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:38 am

Well I guess the intergrator is fucked up. I tried on two different installs and the same exact problem. One was xp pro and one was xp home. Both with sp2.

On the first box I point it to the i386 directory and it tells me its a invalid source. So I decided to leave it blank and move to the next box which it accepts the i386 directory. The third one is pointed towards the cab.

It starts going though and then all sudden says it cant find sfc os dll and blah blah. It also adds another i386 directory insode of the original i386 directory. Any ideas!

Fencer128

Post by Fencer128 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:14 am

Hi,

This sounds like a nlite-related problem. The reason that you're not getting much of a response is that this site doesn't deal with nlite specifically.

Do yourself a favour and go to the MSFN forums - then post your problem in the nlite forum.

Good luck,

Andy
RISult a utility to integrate RyanVM Updates and/or BTS DriverPacks into your RIS image.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:27 am

ozzy214 wrote:Well I guess the intergrator is fucked up. I tried on two different installs and the same exact problem. One was xp pro and one was xp home. Both with sp2.

On the first box I point it to the i386 directory and it tells me its a invalid source. So I decided to leave it blank and move to the next box which it accepts the i386 directory. The third one is pointed towards the cab.

It starts going though and then all sudden says it cant find sfc os dll and blah blah. It also adds another i386 directory insode of the original i386 directory. Any ideas!
So let me get this right, the integrator is telling you that the source is bad and then you're surprised that things get fucked up when you integrate to it anyway? :rolleyes:

ozzy214

Post by ozzy214 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:18 pm

Nah I got the problem licked. Me the dumb ass was pointing directly at the 1386 folder. What the integrstor wanted to do was me to point it right at the folder of windows. Then I guess it automatically from there hooked to the i386 folder. Now the only thing not working is uwi installer deal. Any ideas or any known good automated install prgrams?

But since I figured this out the install went smooth with virtual pc. Now the automated part is all that is left.

To ryan......I had tried this on three different installations and for whatever reason it wanted to be pointed at the windows folder not the 1386 folder. I have no idea why. But the hotfixes are installed according to the registry in virtual pc.

Now is there a way to intergrate office 2003 into the installation using the intergrator. Maybe if I box it up as a cab with winrar?

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:25 pm

Well, the directions on my site specifically say to select the directory containing i386. Heck, there's even a picture. But surely you read them, right? Right? Surely you wouldn't call our hard work "fucked up" because you couldn't read directions. Right? Right?

As for Office 2003, you're best off just using the MSFN unattended guide to install it with an unattended setup. Make sure you actually follow their directions.
http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.x ... 5465d9d50/

ozzy214

Post by ozzy214 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:21 pm

I do apologize. I was trying to use common sense and was pointing it towards the i386. Now I have no idea why yeah set it up to point at the entire windows directory instead of just the i386. But oh well. Guess i should have read the directions instead of using common sense. Sorry man!

I also figured out why UWi unattended installer wasnt working. It wasnt putting the winnt.sif in the i386. So I stole one and rigged it to what I want. Now that part works. So everything is good.

Thanks for the link and Im sorry I was a pain in the ass. Next time I will read the directions instead of using common sense.

Also out of curiousty why did yeah set the proggy up to look at the whole directory not just the i386? Cause I thought everything was compressed and installed in the i386 directory. Just so I know for the future :,>

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:43 pm

Mainly because the presence of certain ident files in the CD root directory is checked to determine whether or not the proper version of XP is being patched.

But your sarcasm is duly noted ;) :rolleyes:

ozzy214

Post by ozzy214 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:54 pm

AH I see. So i learned a lot today. Thanks!

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:12 pm

Glad to be of service and glad to hear that all is resolved now :)