RyanVM Update Pack 2.0.3 - Released February 19, 2006

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
RyanVM
Site Admin

RyanVM Update Pack 2.0.3 - Released February 19, 2006

Post by RyanVM » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:48 pm

What's New
Version 2.0.3
  • Added KB897649 Hotfix. Replaces KB896984 Hotfix.
  • Added KB898713 Hotfix.
  • Added KB900730 Hotfix. (Removed in addon posted below)
  • Added KB900808 Hotfix. Replaces KB892233 Hotfix.
  • Added KB901190 Hotfix.
  • Added KB902853 Hotfix.
  • Added KB906232 Hotfix.
  • Added KB906650 Hotfix. Replaces KB896062 Hotfix.
  • Added KB906866 Hotfix.
  • Added KB907717 Hotfix.
  • Added KB909547 Hotfix. Replaces KB909095 Hotfix.
  • Added KB909667 Hotfix.
  • Added KB911564 Hotfix.
  • Added KB911927 Hotfix.
  • Added KB912024 Hotfix. Replaces KB888795 Hotfix.
  • Added KB912461 Hotfix.
  • Added KB912784 Hotfix.
  • Added KB912817 Hotfix. Replaces KB910720 Hotfix.
  • Added KB913296 Hotfix.
  • Added KB913446 Hotfix.
  • Added Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtimes (February 2006).
  • Updated Malicious Software Removal Tool to version 1.13.
  • Updated Windows Genuine Advantage Tool to version 1.4.410.0.
For the love of God, read the nLite or Integrator directions for how to properly integrate this pack.

Notes
  • nLite 1.0RC6+ or RyanVM Integrator 1.1+ is required to properly integrate this release.
Download Here

Known Issues
  • Diskeeper 10 complains about an error with a snap-in. More Information
  • Some MSI silliness, just as missing installation windows, has been reported. More Information (Fix posted)
If you do run into anything you think is an error, be sure to consult with the FAQ on my site before asking about it here.
Last edited by RyanVM on Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:51 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Xotl

Post by Xotl » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:53 pm

Wonderful, thank you. Just in time for my weekend needs :)

meabbott

Post by meabbott » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:01 pm

You rock.

unreal

Post by unreal » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:10 pm

Thanks once again!

xpmaniac4ever

Post by xpmaniac4ever » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:31 pm

Thanks, Ryan ! :D
An idiot tries 2 maintain order..A genius can control chaos

ViVa

Post by ViVa » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:47 pm

Thanks!!

keytotime

Post by keytotime » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:59 pm

Thank You. WOW The Intergrator got a Huge overhaul :shock: :shock: .

vertigo

Post by vertigo » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:36 pm

Thanks, Ryan! Great job with the new pack!

Tested on VMware and everything works great except SyncToy:

Code: Select all

SyncToy.exe - Application Error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate application.
Can anyone confirm this bug?

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:38 pm

First off, that's from the addon pack, not the update pack. Second, you need to read the thread. It says right next to it in the list that .NET is required to run it.

vertigo

Post by vertigo » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:40 pm

Sorry I have just noticed it. I think You can remove this post.

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:54 pm

Everything is working great here. I just want to pose a hypothetical question. With the main update pack and the RVM WMP10 addon pack we are getting dangerously close to the dreaded 150 .cat file limit. To be exact, it brings us to 141. Here's the hypothetical; if I do an install and have the computer set for automatic updates, when a new hotfix supercedes an integrated hotfix, does the new hotfix remove the .cat file of the superceded hotfix? It wouldn't take too many months to get another 9 hotfixes via automatic updates. I would assume it would, since a vanilla SP2 install would have to be way above 150 hotfixes by now, but I'm not really expert on how MS does this stuff.

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:08 am

CAT files are not removed or replaced; only added according to information here:

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/ ... /0050.html

It paints something of a scary picture. I'm not sure of its accuracy.

Sanjay
I can't read

Post by Sanjay » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:12 am

Considering that this ''RyanVM Update Pack 2.0.3' includes --> 'Added Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtimes (February 2006)', does one still need to add Foosa's 'DirectX 9.0c December 2005 - x86 systems' or muiz2's 'DirectX 9.0c (February 2006)'?

Thanks.

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:16 am

Actually if you use booogy's WMP10 addon you will breach the 150 cat limit.

cybpsych

Post by cybpsych » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:49 am

Ryan's Update Pack 2.0.3 with Booogy's WMP10+WMC2 Addon pack = 151 cats (from svcpack folder) ...

new integrator works great, although I'm a bit worried with the ISO maker since it doesn't show any info of the progress ...

installation went flawlessly and smoothly including ALL Bashrat's driverpacks!

oh btw, the my unattended folder barely fits into a CDR! heck, gotta install .NET1.1/2.0 & J2RE5 installer after the installation .... sigh, a sacrifice of space indeed! :)

good job and thank of you who made this, e.g. Ryan, Siginet, Paul_365, etc etc :)

p/s: Just noticed one bug on Siginet's Integrator v1.1: Evertime I open or close it, I got an error msg stating "Invalid Destination Directory Specified".

Fencer128

Post by Fencer128 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:29 am

Hi,

First of all thanks for the work you've put into the Integrator and the latest Update pack - they're fabulous!

I have a concern similar to RogueSpear's (see below).
RogueSpear wrote:Everything is working great here. I just want to pose a hypothetical question. With the main update pack and the RVM WMP10 addon pack we are getting dangerously close to the dreaded 150 .cat file limit. To be exact, it brings us to 141. Here's the hypothetical; if I do an install and have the computer set for automatic updates, when a new hotfix supercedes an integrated hotfix, does the new hotfix remove the .cat file of the superceded hotfix? It wouldn't take too many months to get another 9 hotfixes via automatic updates. I would assume it would, since a vanilla SP2 install would have to be way above 150 hotfixes by now, but I'm not really expert on how MS does this stuff.
This is something I've been looking at too. It's starting to worry me. What are the thoughts on this?

Cheers,

Andy
RISult a utility to integrate RyanVM Updates and/or BTS DriverPacks into your RIS image.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:21 am

Your worries come from an incomplete understanding of the problem. The 150 CAT file limit isn't a hard limit like you guys think it is. The problems come from too many CAT files protecting the same file. Consider this, the CAT file for each hotfix signs EVERY file included in the package, including the installer. So, you get ~150 duplicate hashes for update.exe, etc. That's where the problem lies. However, not all CAT files include those duplicate hashes ;).

I think we've got a lot of breathing room still, though you are correct that boooggy's WMP addon does get it closer with the increased number of hotfix CAT files.

Fencer128

Post by Fencer128 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:31 am

RyanVM wrote:Your worries come from an incomplete understanding of the problem.
For once I'm glad to be a noob then! ;)

Cheers,

Andy
RISult a utility to integrate RyanVM Updates and/or BTS DriverPacks into your RIS image.

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:18 am

RyanVM wrote:Your worries come from an incomplete understanding of the problem. The 150 CAT file limit isn't a hard limit like you guys think it is. The problems come from too many CAT files protecting the same file. Consider this, the CAT file for each hotfix signs EVERY file included in the package, including the installer. So, you get ~150 duplicate hashes for update.exe, etc. That's where the problem lies. However, not all CAT files include those duplicate hashes ;).
You're right :D I didn't know all that. Crisis averted.

Sanjay
I can't read

Post by Sanjay » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:40 am

Sanjay wrote:Considering that this ''RyanVM Update Pack 2.0.3' includes --> 'Added Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtimes (February 2006)', does one still need to add Foosa's 'DirectX 9.0c December 2005 - x86 systems' or muiz2's 'DirectX 9.0c (February 2006)'?

Thanks.
Would appreciate an answer to this.

Thanks

king_niral

Post by king_niral » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:54 am

Thanx MAN !!
Asus K8N-E Deluxe(30 deg MAX)
Athlon64 2800+(41 deg Celcius Max Temp)
Transcend 512 MB DDR 400 3-3-3-8
Samsung 80GB with 8MB Buffer (Sata)(10 degrees Maximum Temperature)
Geforce FX 5700le 128MB

Trying More Freezing Techz. Before OCing !!!

mindwarper

Post by mindwarper » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:02 pm

Great work RyanVM & others will test this sooner or later !!!
great work you all have done :)

keep it up !!!

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:09 pm

Sanjay wrote:
Sanjay wrote:Considering that this ''RyanVM Update Pack 2.0.3' includes --> 'Added Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtimes (February 2006)', does one still need to add Foosa's 'DirectX 9.0c December 2005 - x86 systems' or muiz2's 'DirectX 9.0c (February 2006)'?

Thanks.
Would appreciate an answer to this.

Thanks
Seems pretty logical that you wouldn't...

msy91262phd

Post by msy91262phd » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:01 pm

As expected from you Ryan. Thank you so much

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:03 pm

cybpsych wrote:new integrator works great, although I'm a bit worried with the ISO maker since it doesn't show any info of the progress ...

p/s: Just noticed one bug on Siginet's Integrator v1.1: Evertime I open or close it, I got an error msg stating "Invalid Destination Directory Specified".
Why do you need to see the text info about the progress of the ISO makeing? Isn't the progress bar enough? ;)

"Invalid Destination Directory Specified" is not a bug. It is warning you that your destination is non existent. You must have deleted that directory. In a later release I'll probably take out that "Invalid Destination Directory Specified" message.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

cybpsych

Post by cybpsych » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:11 pm

yeah, Siginet, the progress bar is good enough :) thanks for adding this feature into the Integrator ;)

i understood the msg, but what strucks me is that the destination directory is there all the time. with the same INI, i went thru the whole integration process ... but whenever i reopen/close it, it pops up the msg ... strange though.

it's no big deal since the Integrator still works regardless of the msg ;) probably just annoying LOL

nite0859

Post by nite0859 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:49 pm

To avoid the 150+ .Cat "lock up" that will happen, I delete all .Cat files from the i386\svcpack folder. then, i delete the .cat files from inside the svcpack.inf file. everything installs just fine.

just a tip. . .

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:19 pm

That works fine as long as you don't care about Windows File Protection
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

HybridShadow

Post by HybridShadow » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:28 pm

nLite has an option to delete the cat files. When your adding update packs/hotfixes, click advanced down the bottom
HybridShadow.com (Blog, Motorola, Longhorn+ More)
Ignite Studios (Computers, Design, Hosting)

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:30 pm

Integrator 1.1 also supports it in the advanced options. Just do it at your own risk.

alsiladka

Post by alsiladka » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:13 am

I always disable the WFP.

Never really had any problems. Just one , whicl trying out Vista Transformation pack , UXTHEME.dll got screwed up and had to reinstall.

But then , for all these customizations better to have it turned off in my opinions.

BTW, last time when i tried the DirectX feb 2006 web install , it downloaded all the released right from arounf March or April 05.

So will only the Feb release get it al updated?

Can anyone , using this pack , once try out the web install and see what happens?

digital777

Problem w/ ver. 2.0.3 unattended xp pro cd, & soft insta

Post by digital777 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:06 am

RyanVm and forum,

I have a major problem and need your help for troubleshooting this issue which I don't understand at all. I created a win xp pro unattended install cd w/ the ver. 2.0.3 update pack from a day or so ago. When I install this on one of my systems everything runs fine durig the unattended install. After the install has completed I first start to load my software such as norton corp. 10, adobe photoshop cs, adobe illusrator cs, nero 7 ultra, office 2003 pro, etc. And after I put the software cd into my cd-rom drive, and go through the text entry, and enter my prod. key, and click ok or yes to start the software installation, the software dialog box completely dissapears. I checked on the task bar and it doesn't even go or minimize to their. So I cannot see the software installationprogress bar or anything as it appears to be hidden in the background, and all I can hear is the cd spinning in the cd drive. Now when I load nero 7 ultra everything dissapears after I click ok to sart the install, and after a couple of minutes my system just restarts. Now this is on one of my systems that I just loaded with the unattended xp pro install w/ ver. 2.0.3 of the update pack.

I reloaded my system with the same unattend install cd of win xp pro WITHOUT the new ver. 2.0.3 update pack, and all mys software installs go normally and I can see the progress indicators and everything. And with nero 7 ultra after the install has completed I can click on the yes button to restart my machine, whereas with the update pack my system just restarted automatically withiut my input. Could you please look into this issue as it has popped up on five other win xp pro machines that I did a unattend install of win xp pro on with the ver. 2.0.3 update and I had the same problem with the softwre install dialog boxes dissapearing. I took all those system and reloaded them with a xp pro unattend cd without the ver. 2.0.3 update pack and the software installs wen't normall and I was able to view them and see their status and when they were complete. I don't know if this is a bug, but I appreciate you looking into this.

Also, all these systems experienced the problems right after I loaded xp pro on them and they finished the os unattended install. No system modifications or anything were made or tampered with. I jus started to load the software immediately after windows finished installing, and the problems began. Thank you in advance for all of your help and time.

smashly

Re: Problem w/ ver. 2.0.3 unattended xp pro cd, & soft i

Post by smashly » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:44 am

digital777 wrote:RyanVm and forum,

I have a major problem and need your help for troubleshooting this issue which I don't understand at all. I created a win xp pro unattended install cd w/ the ver. 2.0.3 update pack from a day or so ago. When I install this on one of my systems everything runs fine durig the unattended install. After the install has completed I first start to load my software such as norton corp. 10, adobe photoshop cs, adobe illusrator cs, nero 7 ultra, office 2003 pro, etc. And after I put the software cd into my cd-rom drive, and go through the text entry, and enter my prod. key, and click ok or yes to start the software installation, the software dialog box completely dissapears. I checked on the task bar and it doesn't even go or minimize to their. So I cannot see the software installationprogress bar or anything as it appears to be hidden in the background, and all I can hear is the cd spinning in the cd drive. Now when I load nero 7 ultra everything dissapears after I click ok to sart the install, and after a couple of minutes my system just restarts. Now this is on one of my systems that I just loaded with the unattended xp pro install w/ ver. 2.0.3 of the update pack.

I reloaded my system with the same unattend install cd of win xp pro WITHOUT the new ver. 2.0.3 update pack, and all mys software installs go normally and I can see the progress indicators and everything. And with nero 7 ultra after the install has completed I can click on the yes button to restart my machine, whereas with the update pack my system just restarted automatically withiut my input. Could you please look into this issue as it has popped up on five other win xp pro machines that I did a unattend install of win xp pro on with the ver. 2.0.3 update and I had the same problem with the softwre install dialog boxes dissapearing. I took all those system and reloaded them with a xp pro unattend cd without the ver. 2.0.3 update pack and the software installs wen't normall and I was able to view them and see their status and when they were complete. I don't know if this is a bug, but I appreciate you looking into this.

Also, all these systems experienced the problems right after I loaded xp pro on them and they finished the os unattended install. No system modifications or anything were made or tampered with. I jus started to load the software immediately after windows finished installing, and the problems began. Thank you in advance for all of your help and time.
Just curious , but most the software your talking about is msi. Did you happen to check Windows Installer Service is set to Automatic and is Started when your install of software fails?
Sorry to ask the obvious.

digital777

Post by digital777 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:55 am

[smashly]

That was one of the very firsts things I looked into, and it was set to auto. and started when my software was installing. Let me drill down a little more. When I go to install the software I usually pop the cd into my cd drive and the setup autoplays and comes up directly on my screen. I key in my user or company name, product key, then hit yes or ok to start the install then the install box for all software dissapears immediately. I have no clue when the software install is completed, I just come ack about ten minutes later, and eject my cd rom. Sometimes I can see that next to my mouse the hour glass flashing off and on, and that is my only indication of the software continuing to install. I have no idea what's wrong, but this only happens with the new update pack integrated into my inatended install.

jessry

Post by jessry » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:10 am

I also have had this problem after using 2.0.3.
Most of my programs, start with the gui asking questions, then once i click next to start the install, the gui completly dissapears. it still installs the program, but in complete silent mode. i didn't have this problem before installing 2.0.3 of ryans update pack.

Fencer128

Post by Fencer128 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:30 am

Hi,

I too have experienced this. IS installers seem unaffected (from the ones that I have tested) but MS installer based (i.e. msi) programs have the install window disappear after any required user interaction has occured. The result is a silent but successful install.

Are we sure that this is a *bug* and not a new *feature* through a hotfix changing the use of msiexec switches such as /qb- ? I'm admittedly grapsing at straws but I thought I should mention the possibility just in case.

Cheers,

Andy

msy91262phd

Post by msy91262phd » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:43 am

Hi Ryan

I have slipstreamed your UpdatePack 2.03 onto a fresh copy of xp sp2 and then I made a clean install of the windows. I then installed Diskeeper 10 and no error messege appeared. Diskeeper is runing wonderfully and no problems have occurred so far.

Thanks again for your updatpack 2.03 which comes on time.

digital777

Post by digital777 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:17 am

I'm glad I'm not completely going nuts as the only one affected by this strange soft. installation issue. I'm only reporting back on this issue as it has affected and been a replicated issue on over 6 of my different xp pro machines. I can easily redo the machines within under 45min. thanks to ntfs (quick) but just wanted to report the unusually strange issue. I appreciate you looking into this, and appreciate the other users/techs. sharing their same issue and feedback.

techtype

Post by techtype » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:20 am

@digital777

You would have to give enough details of what you did to diagnose:

What all did you integrate? (Include everything)

How did you integrate? (Include all your steps, don't leave out nLite for example)
Last edited by techtype on Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:25 am

The Integrator log file would be most helpful as well. There's a reason for the log file and it's mainly to help diagnose problems or anomolies. This way if you're integrating two dozen addons, you don't have to specify each one - it will be indicated in the log file.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:05 am

I've noticed the disappearing window when installing the Virtual PC Addons actually, but figured it wasn't an issue since all my other unattended software (many MSI-based administrative install points) worked fine. Anyway, it's probably the updated msi.dll causing the problem.

I don't think this is worth spinning a new release over, but someone could always create a small addon which restores the original build 2435 of it in the mean time. I'll probably revert back to the original version in the next release.

EDIT: Or, if you feel like trying something else, below is a link to build 2510 of msi.dll which supercedes the version found in the pack. Maybe the problem is fixed in it (or maybe it isn't :P). If you want to try it out and report back here, that would be cool. It's in convenient addon format for you already :). I just updated this one now so QFECheck won't complain about it.
hxxp://www.ryanvm.net/msfn/files/RVMAddonsMSIDLLTest_1.1.cab (811KB)
MD5: 6E05D19EE17859350964D2C569DB2C77

This one doesn't fix the problem.

UPDATE: FEB. 25, 2006 - SOLUTION FOR THE PROBLEM
EDIT2: I answered my own call for an addon restoring the old msi.dll. This addon restores msi.dll back to build 2435 which is the original version that came with Windows Installer 3.1. v1.1 of this addon also includes an updated RVMUpPck.inf which removes all references to KB900730 as well. QFECheck should complain about nothing now.
http://www.ryanvm.net/msfn/files/RVMAdd ... ld_1.1.cab (827KB)
MD5: 8135F9F916C8D106BE3D5937C339A49D
THIS ADDON FIXES THE PROBLEM
Last edited by RyanVM on Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:11 pm, edited 7 times in total.

digital777

Post by digital777 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:16 am

[techtype]

Regarding the other details that may be needed of trying to diagnose the issue from my end, this is all I have as I'm at work and away from my builds at home for a couple of days. I have been doing unattended installs at home and at the shop for over two years and everything runs fine with the unattended xp pro installs. I know this probably isn't a major issue, just a issue that I brought to the forum to make others aware.

Regarding the integration, just the standard integration, nothing fancy or intermediate or advanced. Used the latest nLite 1.0 RC6 for all integration. Slipped in sp2, input user name, product key, and did no system modifications or did not take away any win xp features with nLite RC6. Burned one (iso) unattended install xp pro cd without the new update pack from RyanVM and burned one (iso) unattended install with the newly released RyanVm update pack.

Tested both on over five fresh systems @ home, and only produce this software installation hidden installer problem on the ones with the newly released update pack.

Redid the systems with the unattended xp pro (iso) and did not receive this software installer hidden problem.

Sorry couldn't go into more detail but @ work, and the unattended install is so basic, no tweaking was even invloved.

Let me know if the other users/techs in the forum can possibly go into more detail as they received and documented the same issue as I did. I won't be back at the same systems until a couple of days from now, but appreciate you looking into the issue that I and others have received recently.

techtype

Post by techtype » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:50 am

OK, I tried Nero 6.6 (I don't use 7 because of it's numerous bugs) and Office 2003. Both installed perfectly normally. I would focus on trying a pure RyanVM install using the RyanVM Integrator if I were you.

Edit: I was able to duplicate the problem installing VMware tools similar to what Ryan had said about Virtual PC.
Last edited by techtype on Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:53 am

Guys, try the addons I posted. Like I said, I've seen the same issue with the Virtual PC Addons, so it's not an isolated incident.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:50 am

OK, I just tried out build 2510 of msi.dll and the same problem still happens. I'm going to do another test with the original build (2435), but it's not going to finish before I have to leave for classes, so I'll have to get back to you guys tonight.

techtype

Post by techtype » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:43 pm

I seem to recall that windows Installer 3.0 had this problem when it was released and was immediately updated?

digital777

Post by digital777 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:40 pm

[RyanVM]

Thank you for looking into this issue. I will say that I appreciate your update packs extremely, as your previous update packed worked flawlessly. I don't want others in forums to try to spin reporting an issue into a tech. not being appreciative of anothers work. So with that, thank you and any further info. you find including a fix I thank you in advance. I never post a problem that only happens on one single isolated occurence. I only post when I can replicate the issue on numerous clients with the same effects, usually on 5 or more clients.

Sanjay
I can't read

Post by Sanjay » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:41 pm

cybpsych wrote:new integrator works great, although I'm a bit worried with the ISO maker since it doesn't show any info of the progress ...".
With the earlier versions there was no Progress bar during the integration process, but there was an indication of the progress in terms %completed. I personally think that although the progress bar is nice to look at it would be even nicer if the progress was also indicated as '% completed' like before.

One more thing, earlier at the end of the integration a pop up window used to inform that the integration process was now complete. With the new version this is no longer the case. Personally I liked the pop as before and would appreciate it if it could be reintroduced. If not, then there ought to be a more prominent method of showing that the process is now complete. Just my two bits.

Thanks for all your work, it is greatly appreciated.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:44 pm

I've confirmed that using the old msi.dll fixes the problem. The next pack will revert it back to the original build 2435. In the mean time, you can use the addon I posted to take care of it.

techtype

Post by techtype » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:40 pm

RyanVM wrote:I've confirmed that using the old msi.dll fixes the problem. The next pack will revert it back to the original build 2435. In the mean time, you can use the addon I posted to take care of it.
Could we delete KB900730.cat from the pack and drop the new file into i386 in the pack?