I am Dummie please help me to define best way to create xpcd

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
datalife

I am Dummie please help me to define best way to create xpcd

Post by datalife » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:47 am

PLEASE REPLY YOUR OPINION TO MY QUESTION AND CHOICES!

How to create "THE BEST RVM CD" distribution with MS-WXP-PRO-SP2 + RVMU-RVMA addon's? (latest upgraded and working without bug's)

1 - RVM Integrator v1.1 (nlite not work fine)

2 - MS Windows XP with SP2

3 - RVMU v2.0.3 (this pack contain last WGA and Microsoft Update build?)
4 - RVMU bug fix (this is really necessary or not?)
5 - RVMA WMP10 v2.2 (this work fine with 2 and 3 point?)

6 - Kels Royale Addon v4.4 (this is absolutely necessary to add Energy Blue theme for full notebook support)

7 - Daemonforce addon wuweb site v0.9 (this is really necessary and prompted with microsoft update first run section?)
8 - Xable OfficeUpdateEngine v1.2 (this is the latest build?)

* - RVMA Syssetup v1.0 (bypass the first run welcome screen wizard)
* - RVMA SFC v1.0 (disable Windows File Protection)
* - RVMA TCPIP v1.1 (unloked tcpip.sys driver)
* - RVMA Uxtheme v1.0 (enable custom theme support)

* - Rikgale XPRAID5 v1.0
* - RVM Addons Pack v1.6.0

legend
* custom choice not necessary for "THE BEST RVM CD"

p.s.
4RyanVM: you agree if i create RVM italy guide to my web space? and you link this from your website and forum?

Thanks2All
Last edited by datalife on Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

zzzz

Post by zzzz » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:04 pm

You're not dummie, you've been around long enough to know that there is NO BEST cd, it depends on personal choices.

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:59 pm

I don't know what goal you're trying to achieve, but you do seem to have the basics covered. I use many of the same addons:
  1. necessary
  2. necessary
  3. necessary (unless you never have to install anything ;))
  4. I don't use this one, I'm not even sure what it's for...
  5. I try to use the latest WMP, especially now that there's a critical security update for it.
  6. I originally referenced the RAID5 hack before the Addon concept really took off. I have a hybrid controller now (SiI 3114r5) so this hack is not necessary for me.
  7. Not necessary. To my knowledge, Daemonforce's addons are all standalones (not to be used with the Update Pack). Ryan includes this in the Update Pack already, but it defaults to MU. :)
  8. I use this one, but it's only useful if you install Office and use Internet Explorer as your default browser. Since I use Firefox I'm changing my mind. The Microsoft Update site has updates for Office anyway.
  9. I have issues with the latest version of the Royale addon. I use v4.3
  10. I don't think RemovableCats has been updated in a while, it might be obsolete. This is meant to be used with SFC enabled, I believe. It doesn't save much space, a few megabytes at best. But I don't think that was the point...
The rest are really personal preferences. As long as they're best for you, that's all that matters.