Adding Windows and Office Update To Lite Pack

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
Xable

Adding Windows and Office Update To Lite Pack

Post by Xable » Tue May 03, 2005 7:44 pm

It goes without saying, but i`ll say it anyway. Thank you ryanvm and helpers for this pack. :D
I want to add windows and office update to lite pack. No idea how to do it but i`m willing to learn. I`ve found these files i think are for windows update. but don`t know whats needed to intergrate them or what`s needed for office update.

Xable

Post by Xable » Wed May 04, 2005 8:27 pm

this is interesting,
1. if i use nlite and intergrate lite pack, first visit to wu asks me to install files,
but
2. if i add these files to the lite pack;
cdm.dll
iuengine.dll
wuapi.dll

wuau.adm
wuauclt.exe
wuauclt1.exe
wuaucpl.cpl
wuaueng.dll
wuaueng1.dll
wuauhelp.chm
wucltui.dll
wups.dll
wuweb.dll
and intergrate it with nlite, wu works straight away without asking to install anything.

Now what is interesting is that in the first example those files are already in /I386 on the cd but wu asks to install on first use. All the needed files are already there! The only difference is i`m adding the files to the lite pack then intergrating that.

So is nlite doing some extra work because it detects those files in the cab?

Office update has me baffled, if anyone has any idea how i could go about adding it, feel free to point me in the right direction.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Wed May 04, 2005 9:02 pm

Yes, the files already exist on the CD. They're an older version than the ones WU5 currently uses. So all you're doing is putting the up to date files on your CD. That's the exact same thing I do.

I doubt you'll have much luck with Office Update.

neil

Post by neil » Thu May 05, 2005 11:05 am

Ryan, since those files already exist on the CD, and its how you do it already, are you saying that you'll include them in the next version of the pack?

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Thu May 05, 2005 12:50 pm

neil wrote:Ryan, since those files already exist on the CD, and its how you do it already, are you saying that you'll include them in the next version of the pack?
Yes, I'll probably be adding it to the Lite pack with the next update.

Xable

Post by Xable » Thu May 05, 2005 1:05 pm

Oh, i thought wu was adding extra files and reg entries, not just updating existing files. :o
I think it makes sense to include the updated files in the lite pack.

As for office update, i`m giving up on that for the moment.