qfecheck advice - safe to ignore or reinstall

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
Xable

qfecheck advice - safe to ignore or reinstall

Post by Xable » Wed May 18, 2005 11:15 am

I use sp2 with lite pack, qfecheck shows;
KB319740: This hotfix should be reinstalled.
KB885423: This hotfix should be reinstalled.
KB893803: This hotfix should be reinstalled.
KB894871: This hotfix should be reinstalled.
KB895536: This hotfix should be reinstalled.
Is it safe to ignore, should i re-install or can i manualy re-apply the lite pack to the installed xp. I have searched for those updates don`t think they are publicly available. Just spent 3 days trying to find out why my pc was randomly restarting, i think it is the generic psu, undercloking the cpu stopped it. Anyway, realy don`t want to re-install if i can help it.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Re: qfecheck advice - safe to ignore or reinstall

Post by RyanVM » Wed May 18, 2005 11:36 am

KB319740: This hotfix should be reinstalled.
Hacked uxtheme.dll?
KB885423: This hotfix should be reinstalled.
Hacked winlogon.exe?
KB893803: This hotfix should be reinstalled.
Did you forget to extract the updated CAT file from the RAR file I posted?
KB894871: This hotfix should be reinstalled.
Hacked syssetup.dll?
KB895536: This hotfix should be reinstalled.
Using the 1.2.1 twext.dll? (I said in that thread that QFECheck would complain if you did :rolleyes:)

My advice to you would be to read the KB articles and see what files are updated by that hotfix and then examine what files you're hacking on your own CD. All the information is out there - you shouldn't need someone holding your hand through it.

buletov

Post by buletov » Wed May 18, 2005 1:19 pm

i admire your good will ryan, if i'd were you, i'd simply delete this topic...
Never know what life is gonna throw at you.

Xable

Post by Xable » Wed May 18, 2005 3:08 pm

well aren`t we all high and mighty. A search from within ms website came up with nothing and after 3 days of fuckin about in trouble shooting hell i needed a quick answer.
I just installed my second xp and the only hotfix qfecheck say needs re installing is KB895536. usualy none show up so excuse me for wanting to check.
You ppl make me sick, this is a discution forum, if you don`t like pointing the less experianced in the right direction then close this forum to the general public. Not all of us know everything about this type of thing.
Oh and i didn`t get the updated rar with the cat in it i missed that.

At the end of the day, i do appreciate your work for this pack even though your aptitude stinks.

glent

Post by glent » Wed May 18, 2005 4:36 pm

This is not the first time buletov has added uneeded coments here plz just ignore him as we are not all like him ;)

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Wed May 18, 2005 5:06 pm

UnO wrote:well aren`t we all high and mighty. A search from within ms website came up with nothing and after 3 days of fuckin about in trouble shooting hell i needed a quick answer.
I just installed my second xp and the only hotfix qfecheck say needs re installing is KB895536. usualy none show up so excuse me for wanting to check.
You ppl make me sick, this is a discution forum, if you don`t like pointing the less experianced in the right direction then close this forum to the general public. Not all of us know everything about this type of thing.
Oh and i didn`t get the updated rar with the cat in it i missed that.

At the end of the day, i do appreciate your work for this pack even though your aptitude stinks.
I'm not 100% sure who this rant was actually directed at, but I'll assume me for the time being.

I have an FAQ Section on my site, and threads discussing the latest release, so it would seem to me that that's a good place to start. I'm not trying to call you stupid or insult you, I'm just telling you that there are places to look with plain answers and that I think you're smart enough to find them.

ViVa

Post by ViVa » Wed May 18, 2005 9:35 pm

And yet still some ppl on this forum have too much arrogance, if you want to start an elite forum, then do so.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Wed May 18, 2005 9:40 pm

o_O
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

ViVa

Post by ViVa » Wed May 18, 2005 9:42 pm

O_o

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Wed May 18, 2005 10:08 pm

So it's "elite" to ask people to read the information that's right in front of them in plain English? Please :rolleyes:
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

buletov

Post by buletov » Thu May 19, 2005 5:02 am

My point was that UnO could try searching in this forum with one of the keywords KB319740, KB885423, KB893803... before posting.
Never know what life is gonna throw at you.