Support for HomeEdition - first bug found!

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
htc

Support for HomeEdition - first bug found!

Post by htc » Thu May 26, 2005 1:44 pm

I've tried the Pack v1.2.2 on Windows XP Home with fresh slipstreamed SP2(normal cd boot - not multi-boot) - no luck at all. During setup 2 files were missing:

1) at T-19(installing the start-up menu components) missing file win32pro.bmp
2) at T-15 missing file icfgnt.dll

Result: the os was not correct installed. InternetExplorer and OutlookExpress are not correct configed...

So have someone installed the HomeEdition successfully?

htc

I've found a bug and a (partly) workaround

Post by htc » Sat May 28, 2005 8:30 am

1) for the problem at T-19("missing win32pro.bmp"):
copy the file shl_img.inf(shl_img.in_) from your XP Home Sp2 CD to \i386 folder of your cd root, overwrite the file of RyanVM, witch is for the XP Prof.

2) for the problem at T-15("missing icfgnt.dll"):
copy the file icfgnt.dl_ from your XP original CD(without SP/slipstream) to \i386 folder of your cd root. This solved also the problem with start menu entries(e.g. InternetExplorer, OutlookExpress etc.). But this is not a solution, only a partly workaround.

I'll check out more files those overwitten by the RyanVM's pack. If we correct all the "Prof. Edition files" to "Home Edition files", we'll get a clean & working install cd, dont need the partly workaround as show in 2)

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sat May 28, 2005 1:12 pm

...I don't touch shl_img.in_, as you would have seen had you opened the CAB file with WinRAR or any other such program.

I keep track of what files are different from home and pro and copy them accordingly. You might notice that there are "home" and "pro" directories in i386 prior to __integrate.exe being run.

Furthermore, the icfgnt.dll issue is one that people have had independent of using my pack. There's a big thread over in the nLite forums about it.

htc

Post by htc » Mon May 30, 2005 8:58 am

RyanVM wrote:...I don't touch shl_img.in_, as you would have seen had you opened the CAB file with WinRAR or any other such program.
Sorry for that, this bug came from the german prtation. But this dose not affect direct ly on the issue of "missing win32pro.bmp", only change the rename from "winnt.bmp -> win32per.bmp" to "winnt.bmp -> win32pro.bmp". Anyway, sorry for the wrong index.
RyanVM wrote:.Furthermore, the icfgnt.dll issue is one that people have had independent of using my pack. There's a big thread over in the nLite forums about it.
As in my first post said, I DID NOT use the nLite, only unchanged SP2 version. There rar such two error messages.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Mon May 30, 2005 11:51 am

htc wrote:As in my first post said, I DID NOT use the nLite, only unchanged SP2 version. There rar such two error messages.
I'm aware of that, I'm simply saying that people have run into the same issue independent of my work.

Are you using an English version of XP?