Creating a program to help install RyanVM's Pack. :)

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
Siginet
Site Admin

Creating a program to help install RyanVM's Pack. :)

Post by Siginet » Fri May 27, 2005 5:53 pm

Hello RyanVM,
I am in the process of codeing a small app that will make all of the dosnet.inf, txtsetup.sif, copy the files into the i386 directory and begin the __integrate.exe file.

I have it almost finished. My only problem is getting the __integrate.exe file to start properly. The way the __integrate.exe file seems to be coded it looks at the directory outside of the I386 folder where it lies to check what version of xp is being used. I notice that when you use a script (Batch file, Autoit, Etc...) that lies in another directory and try to call __integrate.exe it doesn't work properly. :) It looks at the scripts directory as the starting directory and not the __integrate.exe directory.

Is there any way possible I could look at the source code for the __integrate.exe file so that I may modify it to work for what I am trying to do?

Or do you have another idea?

Basically how the program works is it opens a small gui that asks for the initial cab file and the destination of the I386 directory to install it too. Checks txtsetup.sif and dosnet.inf if it has been installed, if it hasn't Then it extracts the .cab file over the I386 directory files, edits txtsetup.sif and dosnet.inf with the needed entries, then runs __integrate.exe.

I would like to have an __integrate.exe that would be fully Unattended and have my code check the windows version.

I hope you don't get offended by this post. I only want to make a simple tool to make it easier to install your pack. (Not that it isn't easy as it is.)

Then if I get this simple tool working I want to add it to my other program "PowerPacker" which helps users create MultiBoot XP CDs with or without BTS DriverPack Support (You can read more info at msfn.org about it.) The plan for the program is to make it very easy to do a lot of things people learn at msfn.org.

I appreciate all that you have done and this is my way of showing appreciation. ;)

Thanks RyanVM
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sat May 28, 2005 12:38 am

Well, ultimately I plan to have that functionality built into __integrate.exe :P

That being said, it's nothing more than a CMD file packed with Quick Batch File Compiler. As to how it behaves when called externally, I couldn't tell you.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

Sereby

Post by Sereby » Sat May 28, 2005 2:06 am

my translation pack of the updatepack is all in a .exe! the user open it -> Search for the Windows XP CD Directory and then it copy all the new (uncompressed) files to the correct dirs! after that it starts a .bat file which compress the new files, delete the double files and make the new .cabs! and all without the integrate.exe (i found the .bat with a trick)!

ryan: if you want to make it so i can help you :) email me if you want!

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sat May 28, 2005 1:00 pm

@RyanVM
Would you like me to email you what I have so far?

Maybe it would help you out?
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sat May 28, 2005 1:15 pm

Send me a PM and we can discuss it, though my reasons for not doing so yet revolve more around just being busy with other stuff and not being unable to figure it out :P
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357