A couple quick Update Pack ?'s

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
durex

A couple quick Update Pack ?'s

Post by durex » Mon May 30, 2005 4:13 pm

1st, can someone remind me... can the update packs be applied over one another? In other words, my current UAXP cd has the 1.2.1 RyanVM pack integrated.. can I just use nLite to integrate the most recent update pack right over the source, or do i need to start with a clean XP source to integrate the latest pack.. causing me of course to have to redo all of my other nLite stuff as well.

Also, does the 1.2.2 update pack have the couple fixes that were recently released in the 'mini-update pack' (1.2.2a), or does that still need to by applied in addition to Update Pack thats up there.

Thanks in advance!!

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Mon May 30, 2005 4:47 pm

I'm not sure how well using nLite to integrate one update pack over another works. I can tell you that I personally do test upgrading over older versions with the manual integrations, and __integrate.exe is designed to look for stuff from older versions and remove it (such as obsolete CAT files).

The 1.2.2a update should be extracted over top of 1.2.2. It only contains a couple updated files.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

durex

Post by durex » Mon May 30, 2005 5:04 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Ryan..this is the 1st time Ive used the manual integration and it seems much easier than I thought.. and quicker compared to having to go through nLite every time. One question about this method... do the txtsetup.sif and dosnet.sif entries change with each update or can I assume that if Ive already applied one of your update packs previously, that the only thing which needs to be done is extract the cab and run the _integrate?

Thanks again

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Mon May 30, 2005 5:19 pm

They generally don't change between releases, but it never hurts to check. I tend to mention that integration directions have changed in the forum thread as well when I do a new release.

And for the record, there will be more entries with the next release :P
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357