Where's the next version?

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
fodase

Post by fodase » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:20 pm

This is just too much ... Release the pack Ryan.

You have Internet Access on the cruise, just escape from 15 minutes do update the index

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:54 pm

I'm guessing you've never married. :) The new bride comes first, especially on the honeymoon.

dale5605

Post by dale5605 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:03 pm

fodase wrote:This is just too much ... Release the pack Ryan.

You have Internet Access on the cruise, just escape from 15 minutes do update the index
If you are really desperate for the pack I suggest you contact siginet. He might be nice enough to let you have the beta.

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:44 pm

Dale just a slight correction 1.3 is not beta, its complete its finished, also addons are finished,
the beta's are
RVMIntegrator RC4 stable beta, i think correct me if im wrong siginet
and august update pack beta, Leviathan did an awsome job on this pack, i think its good enough for release.

so actually if you base the definition of beta on a product that is not yet ready for release, i dont think anything is beta because everything works just fine, but plz dont you think Ryan desserves a break, let the man enjoy his honeymoon he has been delivering quality work on schedule sin sp2 came out i think you can at least cut him a little slack for his honeymoon
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things

ripken204

Post by ripken204 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:11 pm

yes you guys are right about him needing to take a break but alot of people have been waiting forever for this to come out, if the pack is done then why cant someone just post a link for it. i know ryanvm needs to check it out for himself but can signet just release it to us as a "beta" and then when ryanvm comes back and tests it all out and then he can release it as the final?

fodase

Post by fodase » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:52 pm

ripken ... exactly.

if Siginet has the pack, it could be released as BETA ... Even if its working 100% ... then, when Ryan comes back, he can make an official release of the pack.

I dont want to be rude or anything, its just that Im avoiding formatting my PCs without his pack.

Its a petty that the pack is ready and we are all here just waiting for Ryans return (Yes, I know he is the author and hes encharged of the pack, so we should wait).

Please, Siginet ... If you have the 1.3.0 with ou without the august updates, just give to us as BETA. Im sure Ryan wouldn mind.

Please ... I beg you.

dale5605

Post by dale5605 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:46 am

I'm not too sure ryan wants the pack released yet.. :o

And dgel I dunno about that. Since when does beta mean something isn't ready for release? Alpha may mean that, because usually alpha things have little to no testing and may very well be unstable. But usually beta just means that it has gone through some internal testing and is released to a select group of individuals for further testing.

And until I am able to install my office updates I am still considering 1.3.0 very much in beta. :P

buletov

Post by buletov » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:17 am

fodase wrote:This is just too much ... Release the pack Ryan.
Never know what life is gonna throw at you.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:58 am

wait Ryan tı trun back...we just have to wait.

codejunkie

Post by codejunkie » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:22 am

Alright nearly ready to reinstall my PC.. about time this one got reinstalled again.. even used my own moded version (Includes all public! updates up on till 12 Aug) of ryanVMs last time but keeps crashing I thing I need a better powersupply.. my Athlon 64 has never crashed since I got my PurePower 680watt

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:34 am

hey thats true dale, have you gotten any headway with your office updates, in the trhead they posted a link to help with the svchost consuming 100% of resources and not doing anythin, it helped with my problem, i think uno posted the link

fodase

Post by fodase » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:25 pm

I just finished doing a complete format and new install on my 3 machines ... Used Astalavista pack, just have to say: GREAT!

No bloat, just pure hotfixes.

I only had 5 updates on Option Updates section. The updates were for things I didnt even used.

So, from now on, bubye RyanVM and hello Aasta!!

TJHart85

Post by TJHart85 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:23 pm

fodase wrote:This is just too much ... Release the pack Ryan
Considering your next statement, I don't know why this is such a big deal.
fodase wrote:So, from now on, bubye RyanVM and hello Aasta!!
Then why are you still here? GO AWAY! If you cannot allow the man to enjoy his honeymoon I'm sure he won't miss you here anyways.
Numbers written on restaurant bills within the confines of restaurants do not follow the same mathematical laws as numbers written on any other pieces of paper in any other parts of the Universe.
--Douglas Adams

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:51 pm

Thank God someone said it, if your so damn impatient and cant appreciate Ryans work enough to allow him to have a little break, then get lost.

or make you own pack, but down come here flamming the guy, he has worked his butt off to deliver these packs without once even asking for donations, and the one time he ask for a lil break you get all bitchy, i hate inconsiderate people.

Caelestes

Post by Caelestes » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:18 pm

This thread needs to be locked. I think everything has been said that needs to be said about the topic. Whiners can go and complain to their parents if they just have to whine. :idea:

amirali_esh

Post by amirali_esh » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:01 am

This thread needs to be locked. I think everything has been said that needs to be said about the topic. Whiners can go and complain to their parents if they just have to whine.
Maybe we should a have a special thread for whiners and have the moderator of this forum move whiner posts to this thread. This way we could all see the whiners all in one place :)

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:48 am

I agree with amirali on this one, a new thread with all the whining would be nice at least that way we can know to ignore it b4 hand.

hclarkjr

Post by hclarkjr » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:04 am

correct me if i am wrong but isn't ryan doing this for free? then nobody needs to pressure him to release anything. good grief the man is on his honeymoon!!! get a life!!!
Antec P180, Viewsonic VG2230wm widescreen,Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L REV.2, Core 2 Duo Quad 6600@ 3.2GHZ,XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler, 4X2GB G.Skill PC6400,BFG Geforce GTX 260-216, X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS 7.1, Samsung SH-S223F 22X DVD-RW, VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB 10000 RPM,WD CAVIAR black 750GB,Antec TruePower New TP-750 watt,vista ultimate SP2 64 bit

ripken204

Post by ripken204 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:48 am

Astalavista is an asshole, he was banned from MSFN for an unknown reason and he desirved it!

buletov

Post by buletov » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:22 am

fodase wrote:...blah blah blah...!
Why do you think that ANYONE here cares what you did or think about ANYTHING at all?!
Buzz off you prick...

Other members, my apologies for my temper...

buletov

Post by buletov » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:54 am

Hm, I did a little research...
Guys, do you remember August 10th:
RyanVM wrote:I'm giving suren a break from his ability to post. I'm sick of it.
Well guess who joined two days after that...
fodase, joined 12 Aug 2005....

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:36 pm

Can't we all just get along?
RyanVM wrote:I'm asking you all nicely to be civil until I return.
Really though, I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan cleaned some of the more derrogatory posts from this thread (especially the whiny ones) and locked it down. Wading through all the posts for useful information is becoming increasingly difficult.

Whiners should start new threads so they can be easily found and deleted. This is a freeware project generously provided by Ryan, Siginet, and the gracious supporters. Let's keep Ryan's work down to a minimum so he can concentrate more on what matters most.

jose ramos

Post by jose ramos » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:38 pm

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum, but have been reading it for a while now.

I got really upset with this guy fodase. Just to let everyone know, the word he chose as a user name means f*ck you in Portuguese. I don't know if he is from a Portuguese speaking country or it's just coincidence. Anyway very suggestive of his attitude isn't it?

Regards to all. This is a great forum!

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:38 pm

5eraph wrote: This is a freeware project generously provided by Ryan, Siginet, and the gracious supporters.
Lets not forget Leviathan for trying his bet with the August addon and Araknis for his contributions to the integrator :D

nlr832

Post by nlr832 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:42 pm

Well . . . at least this thread hasn't turned into anything completely off topic, a la the "I am lonely will anyone speak to me" topic at moviecodec.com . . . http://www.moviecodec.com/topics/2420p1.html

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:11 pm

OK, there's way too much garbage in this thread. I'm closing it. For those of you with legitimate questions (there were a few in the last couple pages), feel free to PM me (DO NOT START A NEW THREAD) and I'll answer them as soon as possible.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357