Integrator v1.3 expanding variables in ExtraFileEdits!!

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
Denney

Integrator v1.3 expanding variables in ExtraFileEdits!!

Post by Denney » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:48 pm

Although it is apparently fixed, here is the proof it isn't:

In entries.ini:

Code: Select all

[ExtraFileEdits]
presetup.cmd|%CDDRIVE%\OEM\bin\7z.exe x -y -aoa %CDDRIVE%\OEM\DP*.7z -o"%SystemDrive%"|%CDDRIVE%\OEM\bin\7z.exe x -y -aoa %CDDRIVE%\OEM\DP*.7z -o"%SystemDrive%"<NEXT>XCOPY %CDDRIVE%\OEM\D %SystemDrive%\D /E /I /H /R /Y|1
In Integrator.log:

Code: Select all

[ExtraFileEdits]
presetup.cmd|%CDDRIVE%\OEM\bin\7z.exe x -y -aoa %CDDRIVE%\OEM\DP*.7z -o"C:"|%CDDRIVE%\OEM\bin\7z.exe x -y -aoa %CDDRIVE%\OEM\DP*.7z -o"C:"<NEXT>XCOPY %CDDRIVE%\OEM\D C:\D /E /I /H /R /Y|1=Ultimate OS Conversion Pack - Post DriverPack
Notice how the %SystemDrive% variable is replaced? :P

Aserone

Post by Aserone » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:39 pm

Not fixed yet? :cry:

Haven't had time myself to test 1.3 for it..

This bug is already noted/reported to Siginet with 1.2 and prior, it should have been fixed in 1.2.3 already, I guess he forgot with all the other great features. ;)

Edit: Didn't see your first line, because edited or i'm blind.
//Aserone-Foxy | EULA: Everything I say/post is a lie and/or forwarded from swim.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:15 am

Damnit.. I did fix it... but somehow it slipped back in. :( I'll have it fixed for 1.4. Which me and Ryan have been working on all day. 1.4 will be released very soon. 1.4 will support UpdatePacks/Addons that are compressed with 7zip! :D

So don't worry... at least you won't have to wait very long for 1.4 like how 1.3 was.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

Denney

Post by Denney » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:36 am

Awesome work guys. Keep it up. :P

EdGaR

Post by EdGaR » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:45 am

u guys working on the wpi plugin also?u said it would be included for 1.4.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:04 am

Yes it is still planned for wpi. Basically that is the only thing I need to finish for 1.4.
Last edited by Siginet on Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:56 pm

Siginet wrote:Damnit.. I did fix it... but somehow it slipped back in. :( I'll have it fixed for 1.4. Which me and Ryan have been working on all day. 1.4 will be released very soon. 1.4 will support UpdatePacks/Addons that are compressed with 7zip! :D
You mean cab 7zip ultra compression will be used? if so that will save bandwiths...

larciel

Post by larciel » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:27 pm

when you're done with 1.4, could you please make a manual for it? I use wpi and would be thrilled to see inte v1.4 have support for it, but right now I have no idea what it'd do ;)

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:40 pm

I want to make a manual but with all I have on my table it is almost impossible for me to find the time. I have asked many people to help with creating one but it seems like no one has enough time. There will be a manual some day... but as of now it is a little difficult. I'm trying my best to make the integrator as self explanitory as possible... but it keeps getting more and more complex to some people.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

Zacam

Post by Zacam » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:59 pm

I'm actually working on compositing the necessary screen shots and sifting through the various threads here and relevant M$ documentation to put something together that will explain Integrators role and usage, the contents of the entries_*.ini and offer general guidelines for how to create addons of various types and what sorts of conventions (if necessary) that can be put into place to make YOUR life easier for making and updating an addon and everybody ELSES life easier in using it or adapting to thier own private needs. Included will also be a section regarding INF's and thier usages, as well as the two other tools available here in an appendix, namely Reg2Inf and FGCBA. Not because either of them are lacking in any documentation, but because I believe in the similar aims of the Slipstream Guide: as much total accurate information necessary to accomplish the basic AND advanced features and functionality of what you need/want.

mindwarper

Post by mindwarper » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:40 pm

Zacam wrote:I'm actually working on compositing the necessary screen shots and sifting through the various threads here and relevant M$ documentation to put something together that will explain Integrators role and usage, the contents of the entries_*.ini and offer general guidelines for how to create addons of various types and what sorts of conventions (if necessary) that can be put into place to make YOUR life easier for making and updating an addon and everybody ELSES life easier in using it or adapting to thier own private needs. Included will also be a section regarding INF's and thier usages, as well as the two other tools available here in an appendix, namely Reg2Inf and FGCBA. Not because either of them are lacking in any documentation, but because I believe in the similar aims of the Slipstream Guide: as much total accurate information necessary to accomplish the basic AND advanced features and functionality of what you need/want.

That would seem to me as VERY VERY useful indeed, hope to see this work of yousrs somewhere in the (near) future...
Do not want to push u just to show my appreciation ;)

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:34 am

Denney, can you confirm that 1.4 fixes this problem?
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357