Text mode setup loop with Integrated WinXP SP2

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
Lotheron

Text mode setup loop with Integrated WinXP SP2

Post by Lotheron » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:24 pm

I've successfully used a few apps to slipstream patches, ie, HFSLIP, nLITE, etc, but I've note seen this one.

In trying to update my Windows XP Corp SP2 for an unattended installation using RVMUpdatePack2.1.0.7z and Integrator 1.4, I am getting a loop with next mode.

Everything seems to copy the first time (unattended mind you) but then goes right back into "Setup is detecting your configuration...", then text mode. Then cautions me that I already have an installation in C:\Windows. What should be happening is that it should go right into Windows Setup GUI. I have repacked the i386 folder twice with the same issue. I tried using the integrator and the packs as I am getting Windows File Protection errors with HFSLIP and/or nlite. Just testing new waters so to speak...

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I've done a search and have come up with no results.

Thanks!

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:30 pm

Have you started over with a fresh XP install source? It sounds like you used nLite to patch the CD boot loader so that it boots off the CD without requiring you to press a key and it's looping because of it. You can probably get around it in the mean time by leaving the install CD out until GUI setup has started.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

Lotheron

Post by Lotheron » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:32 pm

I just keep using the SOURCE folder from HFSLIP as my cd copied source, however I will try that as I was thinking that as its the only xfactor.

But as I said, its the SOURCE folder, meaning I dont think I would have nlited it.

I'll try it cause you're right, its the only thing I can think of. :D

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:55 pm

Yeah, my pack doesn't touch anything that would cause an issue like that to arise.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

jumz

Post by jumz » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:20 pm

Are you using winnt32 to install? Check out this this thread.
JuMz

Lotheron

Post by Lotheron » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:18 am

This looks like it might be something to try. Thanks! I'll let you know!

Lotheron

Post by Lotheron » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:29 am

Ok so removing /syspart:C: and /tempdrive:C: seems to have fixed the issue. As said in that thread, it must be because of the updated ldr.bin file.

Hopefully this doesnt' cause any problems with any other platforms as I'm building an install for multiple models.. only time will tell, although my feeling is that it shouldn't.

Anyway..

Thanks jumz, ryan for your assistance!