Question during integration of SP2 Update Pack full

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
skrwusrnmz

Question during integration of SP2 Update Pack full

Post by skrwusrnmz » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:26 pm

This is my first time trying to do this. I went through all the steps of the 1.2.2 update, waited for the integrate file to finish and near what I think is the end it asked me a question I wasn't sure how to answer.

Does sdbus.in_ specify a file name or directory name on the target? F for file or D for directory.

Something like that. I believe it would be F file referring to the sdbus.in_ files located in the i386/Xp Pro/ and i386/Xp Home/ folders. I want to answer right.

Thanks for the help.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:59 pm

...you shouldn't be receiving any prompts like that
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

skrwusrnmz

Post by skrwusrnmz » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:35 pm

Ok. I'll just try an answer and see if it works. 50/50 right?

I'll let you know what happens.

Have you heard of this before? Maybe it was something I did wrong.

Let me see if I am doing it right. From what I understand about the update it's to update your current Xp installation disk so here's what I did. I copied my Xp SP1 disk into a directory on my HD. I then unpacked the cab into the i386 folder in the directory. Did the additions to the dosnet.ini and txtsetup.sif files. Ran the integrator and near or at the end of that I got the question.

Is this an update to your current Xp installation or an update to the installation disk so that when you install it is with SP2 and all the hotfixes included with the update?

Thanks for any info you have.
Francis

tbone2

Post by tbone2 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:04 pm

you have to use the update pack with xp with sp2 already intergrated then follow the directions you state

skrwusrnmz

Post by skrwusrnmz » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:31 pm

I thought that the update was to put SP2 into the installation. So I need a CD with SP2 already? Is there a way, and a file, to integrate SP2 into my old SP1 installatin disk?

I had never heard of this process until I stumbled onto this site the other day looking for something else so the whole thing is new to me.

Thanks for the quick reply and for any other info.

Protagonist.

Post by Protagonist. » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:36 am

Download and install this:
http://www.nliteos.com/nlite.html

Also download Service Pack 2 here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

Then simply run nLite and browse to the folder with your windows install in it. Then click on "integrate a service pack" and integrate Service Pack 2. After that you are good to go! 8)

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:56 am

It's a post-SP2 update pack. And all of the directions on my site say to have SP2 integrated first.

skrwusrnmz

Post by skrwusrnmz » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:10 pm

Thanks for all the help guys.

Sorry I'm a little slow on the uptake. I've been out of the loop for a while and wasn't familiar with this kind of stuff. I guess I should have realized with a 40-something meg download that it couldn't have included SP2.

Sorry Ryan, I guess I overlooked the post part when scanning the directions.

Thanks again :)