Slipstreamed Windows XP Install Error Msg

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
zenmachine

Slipstreamed Windows XP Install Error Msg

Post by zenmachine » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:15 pm

Hey; I'm trying to install a slipstream Windows XP onto my new HP Turion X2 laptop but keep getting a BSOD before the auto-partition part of setup which reads:

"A problem has been identified and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

....more gibberish..."

Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be? My only thought is that the drive comes prepartitioned into 50 and 10gb chunks from HP, and that might be throwing off setup?

I've wasted 3 CDs thinking maybe the RVM iso maker was broken, so I tried CDImageGUI as well...

Furthermore this slipstreamed XP works fine (installs with no problem) in VMWare 5.5....

Joe S

Post by Joe S » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:11 am

Use rewritable CD'S they work!

zenmachine

Post by zenmachine » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:54 am

Actually I find they often don't (for me at least)... The same ISO burned to a CD-RW as a CD-R sometimes doesn't register as bootable, even after a full-erase. (I'm not talking about a CD-RW that I've used 100X already, either... more like twice or four times)

nolook

Parting ways.

Post by nolook » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:07 pm

Unless you have a reason to keep the HP partitions (used for resetting the drive to factory default I believe), you could start by deleting all partitions from the drive, and see if your disk still does not work as expected. According to this, the problem is likely to be partition related.

nolook