selective updates like nlite? (suggestion)

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
XtremeMaC

selective updates like nlite? (suggestion)

Post by XtremeMaC » Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:11 am

hi there

i've a suggestion which is to make an interface like nlite which the user is allowed to choose updates to apply for the non-critical updates part and add-ons
would that be too hard?
thanks

kalavera

Suggestions

Post by kalavera » Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:05 am

i agree! very good idea!

or at least put the non-critical updates, unofficial updates, wmp10 and extras as add-on packs. the full pack will only have the lastest critical updates.

another suggestion:
why not leave the addon files individually compressed but not inside a cab file? this way they would be better integrated inside i386 folder and also for modders that like to remove 1 or 2 tools would be easier (no need to decompress and recompress a cab)

also since xpize uae as support to update some sysinternal files or cmdow.exe included in the addon package (but only supports updating files directly on i386 folder not inside cabs).

glent

Post by glent » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:31 pm

Intresting idea

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:46 pm

From what I understand... RyanVM has changed the way the packs are going to be done. Basically there is going to be the regular pack... which will be all of the critical updates. Then there will be addon packs for the extra stuff. :)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:59 pm

XtremeMaC - Not going to happen any time soon, but that doesn't mean it's not a possibility for the future.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357