Make addons with "Nlite addon make"

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
sonnet

Make addons with "Nlite addon make"

Post by sonnet » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:05 am

Hi guys I'm using Nlite addon maker to make the addons for my customized Windows cd.
Unfortunately Nlite addon doesn't come with all the command for the silent installation for all the applications.
I would like to ask if anyone know the commands for the following applications:

Nod32 anitvirus
Office 2003
Comodo Firewall
Nero Lite 7.2.0.7
Shutdown 4.0.5.2
Adobe Audition 2.0
Voip Stunt 2.09
Onlie TV player 2.92
Alcohol 120% (it seems that the command provided with nlaom is not working).

Can I integrate the file made with NLAOM with ryanvm integrator instead of using nlite?

avneet25

Post by avneet25 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:25 am

for nod32 what i have done is extract the files from that package and u will get the setup.exe

setup.exe /silentmode

thats the silent switch

for alcohol there is no silent switch .. its two processes first u have to install sptd driver by svcpack then istall alcohol using runonce or wpi..

but u will have to creat an autoit scrip for alcohol..

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:30 am

Yes Rename the files to include the word addon in the filename
Example: "sonnet_Nod32_addon.cab"... and dont_use_any_spaces in the file name use the underscore.

sonnet

Post by sonnet » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:55 am

ricktendo64 wrote:Yes Rename the files to include the word addon in the filename
Example: "sonnet_Nod32_addon.cab"... and dont_use_any_spaces in the file name use the underscore.
Thanks for the suggestions,ricktendo64 and avneet25
none tried Comodo firewall?

avneet25

Post by avneet25 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:11 am

sonnet wrote:
ricktendo64 wrote:Yes Rename the files to include the word addon in the filename
using zone alarm. havnt heard much about comodo firewall :) is it any good

sonnet

Post by sonnet » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:51 am

avneet25 wrote:
sonnet wrote:
using zone alarm. havnt heard much about comodo firewall :) is it any good
Is very good in the latest version as firewall and very easy to use,plus is free..what you can ask more? :D

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:04 am

I can't find any switches for comodo firewall.

sonnet

yes

Post by sonnet » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:23 am

Kelsenellenelvian wrote:I can't find any switches for comodo firewall.
I tried as well with an utility that you posted to find the switches.
Now with other application,when I wanted find the switches it's happened I got this message as result: "First unpack the monolithic setup file with WinRar.You either have a >Cab or MSI based installer.
For CAB based :
record an installation with this command:
Setup.exe /r /f1"c:\setup.iss"
Now you can perform a silent installation with the iss file:
Setup.exe /s /f1"c:\setup.iss"

I didn't understand which of this 2 switches should I use:
/r /f1"c:\setup.iss"
or
/s /f1"c:\setup.iss"
when I create the addon with Nlite addon maker?

vampyrus

Re: yes

Post by vampyrus » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:20 pm

Now here's something I have learned and might actually be able to contribute a useful answer to.
I believe that you would first actually install comodo on your current machine using the Setup.exe /r /f1"c:\setup.iss" command which would then record your install shield script that will provide all of the input you just used to install the program.
In NLAOM you would then use Setup.exe /s /f1"c:\setup.iss" to perform a silent installation with the iss file:
I hope that this is correct and that I have been of help .. if this is not correct would somebody please let me know.

sonnet

Post by sonnet » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:10 pm

vampyrus wrote:Now here's something I have learned and might actually be able to contribute a useful answer to.
I believe that you would first actually install comodo on your current machine using the Setup.exe /r /f1"c:\setup.iss" command which would then record your install shield script that will provide all of the input you just used to install the program.
In NLAOM you would then use Setup.exe /s /f1"c:\setup.iss" to perform a silent installation with the iss file:
I hope that this is correct and that I have been of help .. if this is not correct would somebody please let me know.
Hi Vampyrus thanks for your answer, I run the command "Setup.exe /s /f1"c:\setup.iss" from start-->run but then I get message "please go to the Control panel to install and configure the system components",but now I don't know how to go on.

vampyrus

Post by vampyrus » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:34 pm

Hi Vampyrus thanks for your answer, I run the command "Setup.exe /s /f1"c:\setup.iss" from start-->run but then I get message "please go to the Control panel to install and configure the system components",but now I don't know how to go on.
From the start ---> Run menu you would run the command: Setup.exe /r /f1"c:\setup.iss" (being sure to substitute the correct filename in place of the word setup) ... now navigate to your c drive and locate the setup.iss file ... move it to the folder where your program install file is located and then open nlaom ... now enter the command: Setup.exe /s /f1"c:\setup.iss" in nlaom, once again substituting the correct drive letters\paths and filename for the setup exe.

Spiritus

Re: Make addons with "Nlite addon make"

Post by Spiritus » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:32 am

sonnet wrote: Nod32 anitvirus
Office 2003
Comodo Firewall
Nero Lite 7.2.0.7
Shutdown 4.0.5.2
Adobe Audition 2.0
Voip Stunt 2.09
Onlie TV player 2.92
Alcohol 120% (it seems that the command provided with nlaom is not working).

Can I integrate the file made with NLAOM with ryanvm integrator instead of using nlite?
http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=12657 :wink: