EMERGENCY! what's "tracking.log"

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
itseasy

EMERGENCY! what's "tracking.log"

Post by itseasy » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:32 am

after several times i integrate the update pack to XP SP2 OEM EDITION, encounter the same problem "Kaspersky internet security 6.0 303 StartUP objects Scan" couldn't scan pass the file"C:\system volume information\tracking.log",stopped in process 98%. so i boot in DOS,use the command "deltree tracking.log", return to windows, the problem solved.
why it occur????
THE SUN ALSO RISES!

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:46 am

It's a benign file created by System Restore. Kapersky can't access it because the System Volume Information folder has system level access privileges (as you can see if you right click on it and few the Sharing and Security options). Contact Kapersky if you're not happy with them complaining about it.

http://www.google.com/search?q=system+v ... gle+Search

And I'd hardly call this thread an emergency...
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

itseasy

thanks u reply

Post by itseasy » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:09 am

not the kaspersky, but the McAfee 8.0 same too.
after i DEL the file in DOS and the file not exisit (not visible in command: dir /a ) but the problem solved, after reboot, KSPERSKY can scan pass (the file occur again, but can scan pass). why?

thanks you reply.
THE SUN ALSO RISES!

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:16 am

I have no idea why the AV programs are complaining, and this really isn't a general Windows support forum. You'd have to ask the AV vendors.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

armond

Post by armond » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:28 pm

I'm testing several antivirus softwares with Ryanvm's update pack (Thanks him) and found no problem with them yet.
I'm actually using Kaspersky Internet Security 6 with the highest security settings. No Problems.

Joe S

Post by Joe S » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:34 pm

Maybe it's because you are using 2 av programs, you mentioned Kapersky and McAfee! Two Av programs running at the same time frequentlly haveconflicts/
Joe

armond

Post by armond » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:34 pm

No. I'm testing one program as a time. Most softwares will inform you that you should not install more than one antivirus at the same time. We have another 2 system in our home, so no problem.