A big thank you - My story of wasting time

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
lane

A big thank you - My story of wasting time

Post by lane » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:58 am

I spent about 6 hours yesterday trying to update my XP installation discs for my department. I tried some batch scripts which downloaded 100 little hotfixes, everything from that went well until I burned the now 1.3gb file to a DVD for installation on a machine. The installer started error messages flapped around and then the machine rebooted. Like a fool I spent another couple hours trying to play with this before moving on.

I then found your site, having used nlite many times before and being dissapointed by the results (it always seemed to break something) I moved on again. I spent another 20 - 40 minutes of googling before going back to the batch script page. I don't know why I can't leave well enough alone but I couldn't. I kicked the dead horse for another hour wasting another 6 DVD's on this. Finally I downloaded your packs, downloaded nlite and copied in my key because frankly I don't trust nlite to make any more major changes correctly.

Within an hour I had a working XP CD that has been used half a dozen times already today. If only nlite had worked this well without your effort it might have spared me countless hours of futility.

So thank you RyanVM and your crew for working diligently on a great fix for Microsoft's problem. I'm sure I'll be back and using your patches until they get off their bottoms and bring us a Service Pack 3.

TechnoHunter

Post by TechnoHunter » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:15 pm

Welcome to the forums!
have fun with your updated XP and good luck

yumeyao

Post by yumeyao » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:37 am

1.3 GB?
are you sure?
maybe you remained those obsoluted hotfixes.
My work list(Hosted by dumpydooby)