question re media centre

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
seinfeld

question re media centre

Post by seinfeld » Tue May 22, 2007 11:49 pm

Hi guys, I have a Q
do I still integrate the latest patch from ryan VM 2.1.9, will that still work, then i run windows update and get the rollup for Media centr?

Id appreciate any help
cheers
seinfeld

dougiefresh

Post by dougiefresh » Wed May 23, 2007 5:09 am

If you've intergrated/installed WMP11, you'll need to extract the rollup update 2 and install each hotfix seperately. There is one or two updates that won't install because it updates WMP10 files and won't update WMP11.

seinfeld

Post by seinfeld » Wed May 23, 2007 6:40 am

im actually just trying to get the update pack on first, do I just copy, mce to hard drive, run integrator, ?
my question is is the ryan update pack still the one i need to use,
I think it is as its still XP pro, but with a few added bits?

ill just d/l the rollup to install on my own
is what im saying going to be okely dokely?

Eiffel

Post by Eiffel » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:41 am

The pack and the integrator works well with XP Home and Professional. Media Center and Tablet PC are not suported. I've alos put that question few months ago, after getting an Media Center without Media Center files ( just shortcuts... ) after integrating the pack.

roirraWedorehT

Post by roirraWedorehT » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:10 pm

I have integrated RyanVM's update pack plus addons for over a year's worth of Media Center installations on brand new computers I've built for people.

Yes, integrate RyanVM's and it shouldn't affect anything that I've ever experienced including on my own Media Center (re) installations I've done for my home built MCE computer. I'm always fine tuning and experimenting; hence all the reinstallations. :)

Integrating Windows Media Player 11 on top of that, however, and then installing the update rollups and rollup updates requires some relatively easy steps. It simplifies things if you just don't integrate WMP 11 and stick with 10, then everything will update as normal.

MrTrunks

Post by MrTrunks » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:17 pm

Has anyone treid XP SP2 + RyanVM 2.1.9 integrated and then installed MCE addon post windows install and found that it rowked fine and detected tuner cards and then tried XP SP2 + RyanVM 2.1.10 integrated then installed MCE addon post iwindows install and found that the OS did not fully seem to work correcty, windows update does not realize system is now MCE and the MCE program does not detect tuner cards. Also Rollup2 does not work, errors when trying to run setup?

Or is this just my experience?

roirraWedorehT

Post by roirraWedorehT » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:58 pm

I can only verify for sure that v2.1.9 worked fine with my most recent MCE installation, but I haven't tried it with v2.1.10. Once the new pack comes out perhaps I'll try a new virtual installation with 2.1.11 in VMWare Workstation and I'll let everyone know the results.

MrTrunks

Post by MrTrunks » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:01 am

[quote="roirraW "edor""]I can only verify for sure that v2.1.9 worked fine with my most recent MCE installation, but I haven't tried it with v2.1.10. Once the new pack comes out perhaps I'll try a new virtual installation with 2.1.11 in VMWare Workstation and I'll let everyone know the results.[/quote]

Do you plan on integrateing the MCE into the ISO or do you plan on installing the MCE addon after windows is installed?

roirraWedorehT

Post by roirraWedorehT » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:05 pm

MrTrunks wrote:Do you plan on integrateing the MCE into the ISO or do you plan on installing the MCE addon after windows is installed?
Ah, I misunderstood. Do you not have the option to integrate Ryan VM's pack and others with an actual original MCE installation disc? I guess I should research this MCE addon to find out just what it's supposed to do that I can't achieve using an original MCE disc.

jumz

Post by jumz » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:46 am

If you've integrated/installed WMP11, you'll need to extract the rollup update 2 and install each hotfix separately.
This is exactly what I have done for Update Pack 2.1.11 and it works flawlessly (for Tablet PC too)
JuMz