Unattended Install with UpdatePack 2.1.10

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
Echo_Platoon

Unattended Install with UpdatePack 2.1.10

Post by Echo_Platoon » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:22 am

I'm still a little new to the unattended stuff. I have a Windows XP SP2 image. I created a winnt.sif file and put winnt.sif into the image. I tested it out in VM Wareand everything worked fine, as far as unattended goes; it does everything I specified it to do in winnt.sif. I then downloaded RyanVM Integrator and UpdatePack 2.1.10. I extracted my Windows XP SP2 image and used the integrator to integrate UpdatePack 2.1.10. I then re-created the image. After that, I tested out the image in VMWare. When doing it this time, it seems to not read the winnt.sif file; it just seems to do a normal setup, where it asks me for everything. I am using the same winnt.sif file that I used before I integrated the UpdatePack. I have used the previous versions of the UpdatePack and everything worked fine, but only came across this on the 2.1.10 version of the UpdatePack. Any help would be much appreciated.

Below is my winnt.sif file. I have excluded my Product Key.

;SetupMgrTag
[Data]
AutoPartition=0
MsDosInitiated="0"
UnattendedInstall="Yes"
AutomaticUpdates=Yes

[Unattended]
UnattendMode=FullUnattended
FileSystem=*
OemSkipEula=Yes
OemPreinstall=Yes
Repartition=No
TargetPath=\WINDOWS
WaitForReboot="No"
UnattendSwitch="Yes"

[GuiUnattended]
AdminPassword=*
EncryptedAdminPassword=NO
AutoLogon=Yes
AutoLogonCount=1
OEMSkipRegional=1
TimeZone=35
OemSkipWelcome=1

[UserData]
ProductKey=
FullName="admin"
OrgName="none"
ComputerName="admin"

[Display]
ConfigureAtLogon=0
AutoConfirm=1

[RegionalSettings]
Language=00000409
LanguageGroup=13,17,3,2,5,16,4,12,15,7,8,10,11,9,6,14,1

[Identification]
JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Networking]
InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:25 am

Are you positive you put the winnt.sif file in the i386 directory? I don't see any issues with your winnt.sif file and the updatepack or the integrator would not cause this issue. I guarantee it.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

Echo_Platoon

Post by Echo_Platoon » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:12 am

Yes, I'm positive that I put the winnt.sif file in the i386 directory. I always double check that before I create the ISO, just to make sure I did put it in there. I just found it strange that before I integrated the UpdatePack my unattended install worked fine, but after I integrated the UpdatePack my unattended install didn't work while using the same winnt.sif file. I even tried this with two different Windows XP SP2 ISOs that I had. It might be my computer. I will try creating everything using another computer I have to see if it is maybe something with the computer I'm using. I will try this out when I get home from work today and let you know my results.

Echo_Platoon

Post by Echo_Platoon » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:32 pm

After further testing, I found out that it is something with my computer. When I got home from work, I tried doing everything on a separate computer. Then, I brought the finished disc image back to my computer, tested it in a VM, and everything worked successfully. The only difference I used in utilities was that on the other computer I used PowerISO instead of UltraISO. I then tried doing everything on my computer using PowerISO and got the same problem as yesterday. I guess I'm going to have to format my hard drive one of these days and do another clean install of Windows XP. Thanks for all of your help Siginet.

Tasslehoff

Post by Tasslehoff » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:48 am

oops