Dell Latitude sound drivers not installing.....

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
cwbshaw

Post by cwbshaw » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:02 am

Hi....

I have a problem with a laptop not correctly identifying its soundcard (and modem) which I posted to the forums at driverpacks.net. The replies I got suggested I try posting the issue here. The start of my posts to this thread can be viewed at:

http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic. ... 101#p12101

...the remainder of the post you are reading here is more or less the contents of my first posting to the thread above.

Basically, the problem is with a Dell Latitude D820 (and also another model I can't remember) and the Sigmatel Stac 92XX C-Major HD Audio device.

My image is XP with SP2 and RyanVM's PostSP2 pack both applied via nLite and Driverpacks from driverpacks.net applied via DPs_BASE.EXE.

After installation (on both laptops), I end up with an unidentified PCI device listed in the Device Manager......however, as it turns out I am missing 2 devices (although Device Manager doesn't seem to show this).....the Sigmatel 92XX and also a Conexant D110 modem (even though I have included the 3rd Party Modem driver pack DP_Modem_wnt5_x86-32_702mod.7z) from 3rdpartydriverpacks.thesneaky.com.

In order to get everything working, I have to:

* First install the modem driver using setup.exe in the driver from the Dell website (ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/comm/R90851.EXE).
* Then I have to install the Sigmatel Driver again using the setup.exe in the driver from the Dell website (same as mentioned earlier - http://ftp.us.dell.com/audio/R122161.EXE).

....and it doesn't work properly unless I do it in that order.

Until now, I have just resorted to manually performing the 2 steps above after the OS installation is completed.

Apologies if this has been covered already.....

TIA for any help.

Chris.

the_guy

Post by the_guy » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:26 pm

Try integrating the update pack with the Integrator. That might help you out.

the_guy

cwbshaw

Post by cwbshaw » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:09 pm

Hi....

Tried that....specifically, I integrated SP2 and RyanVM PostSP2 pack into a clean XP image using the RVMintegrator. I then applied the driverpacks via DPs_BASE.EXE.

Now its even worse.....the OS install only gets to T-34 and complains that the file 'hdaudbus.sys' is needed.

I am guessing/wondering is this because DPs_BASE.EXE detects that the RyanVM PostSP2 pack is installed. When this happens, DPs_BASE doesn't try to install the HDA fix (KB888111).....this is how DPs_BASE is supposed to work.

Open to suggestions....

Chris.

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:28 pm

bios update for the laptop??

Sometimes that helps if the PnP install/detect process isn't seeing things correctly.

Echo_Platoon

Post by Echo_Platoon » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:30 pm

I found a topic that might help with this issue.

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4068

It has an addon that fixes the KB888111 issue.