What's in this update addon?
- KB908673 - Replaced KB918005 (KB908673 is v2, dated 2007/07/20)
- KB915377 - Replaced KB899409
- KB925066 - Replaced KB903234
- KB928595 - Partially updated KB917140
- KB933215 - Replaced KB922582
- KB933360 - Replaced KB931836
- KB933579 - Updated MSXML 6
- KB933811 - Updated WS5.6 (superseded if WS5.7 is installed)
- KB935677 - Partially updated KB922668
- KB936021 - Replaced KB924191; Updated MSXML 3
- KB936181 - Replaced KB927978; Updated MSXML 4
- KB936455 - Partially updated KB924270
- KB936678 - Partially updated KB908519
- KB937143 - Replaced KB933566
- KB937930 - Replaced KB923232
- KB938032 - Replaced KB935214
- KB938127 - Replaced KB929969
- KB938828 - Replaced KB918033
- KB938829 - Partially updated KB925902
- KB939252 - Partially updated KB924270
- KB939273 - Replaced KB927891
- KB939884 - Replaced KB935843
- KB940322 - Replaced KB931784
- KB940514 - Replaced KB935192
- KB940541 - Replaced KB918997
- KB941037 - Replaced KB934428
- KB941077 - Replaced KB918118
- KB941598 - Partially updated KB928255
- July 24 Root Certificates Update
- Updated Flash Player to 184.108.40.206 (Security Bulletins: CVE-2007-2022, -3456, and -3457)
- Updated QFECheck to 220.127.116.11
- Updated Microsoft Update and Windows Update to 7.0.6000.381
- Stubbed the Malicious Software Removal Tool (version: 1.32).
- Cosmetic: Localized the build stamps that appear in the registry
- Because of an error in Microsoft's security catalog, installing Windows Script 5.7 will result in digital signature warnings. Until Microsoft fixes this problem, WS5.7 will not be included and will be available only as a separate addon. More info...
- KB933062 was publicly released by Microsoft to reduce the frequency of WMI repository corruptions. However, there have been a few scattered reports that this hotfix may actually be increasing the frequency of these random (i.e., these errors are not reproducible) corruptions during Windows setup (there do not appear to be any problems after setup, however). As of version 18.104.22.168 (R13), this update pack will run a small 1KB utility that will clean up any repository corruptions when setup completes. This should fix the problem, but if there are still reports of such problems after R13, then I may just remove KB933062. More info...
- If you are using the RVM Integrator, there are three different ways to integrate this update addon:
- To a fresh source: As an "Addon Pack" alongside the main RVM Update Pack (this is the method that I personally use)
- To a source that already has the RVM Update Pack: As an "Update Pack"
- To a source that already has the RVM Update Pack: As an "Addon Pack" alongside a dummy update pack
- To a fresh source: Add both the main RVM Update Pack and this update addon to "Hotfixes, Addons and Update Packs"
- To a source that already has the RVM Update Pack: Add this update addon to "Hotfixes, Addons and Update Packs"
- If you use an IE7 addon, the IE7 addon must be integrated after this update addon, but before Windows Script 5.7 (if installing WS5.7).
- If you use the WMP11 addon, the WMP11 addon should be integrated before this update addon. (however, if you are using the WMP11 slipstreamer version 0.8.1 or newer, any order should be okay)
- Because nLite performs version checks on files, the order of integration shouldn't be an issue with nLite, although I have not personally tested this.
- All publicly-released (i.e., accessible via either MS Update or MS Download Center) Microsoft updates since the release of the June RVM Update Pack are included. Non-public (request-only) updates are included only if they supersede an update that already exists in the main RVM Update Pack. All other non-public updates are omitted. Finally, IIS updates (e.g., KB939373) and WMP updates (e.g., KB936782) are omitted because they are not included in the main RVM Update Pack. (You may wish to consider using the WMP11 slipstreamer to integrate WMP11 and subsequent WMP patches.)
- My testing of this update addon extends only to integration, VPC install, QFECheck, and a cursory check for obvious errors.
- Some files (e.g., msxml4r.dll) found in the hotfix packages have a newer file timestamp, but are omitted because the file is identical to the file in the 2.1.11 base pack (despite the different timestamp on the exterior). In other words, inclusion is based on the file's hash, not on its external timestamp.
- Where applicable (e.g., IMAPIv2), COM registration is done through self-registration and not through the manual adding of registry entries.
- Anyone is free to use this update addon as a base for making a pack of their own, if they so wish.
- RUPUpdates-22.214.171.124-Addon.7z: Download - Mirror
Size: 15.46 MiB
WScript57-1.0.0-Addon.7z: Download - Mirror - Backup
Size: 0.50 MiB
Note: Integrating Windows Script 5.7 will result in digital signature warnings in setuperr.log.
(Hosting courtesy of RogueSpear)
* 126.96.36.199: Original
* 188.8.131.52: Workaround for a restriction in the RVMI that prohibits the use of drivercab_copy for addons
* 184.108.40.206: Fixed typo in INF
* 220.127.116.11: Added 9 non-public updates that superseded existing files
* 18.104.22.168: Added 6 non-public updates that superseded existing files, updated MRT and Flash
* 22.214.171.124: Added KB935198 and KB939273 and stubbed the MRT
* 126.96.36.199: Microsoft's July 24 updates plus a new kernel (details)
* 188.8.131.52: Very minor updates: replaced KB935198 with KB939884, updated QFECheck, and recompiled the MRT stub to make it even smaller
* 184.108.40.206: Microsoft's August 14 updates (details)
* 220.127.116.11: Split off Windows Script 5.7
* 18.104.22.168: Updated Microsoft Update and Windows Update to 7.0.6000.381
* 22.214.171.124: Replaced KB934428 with KB941037, removed the MU TZ fix (no longer needed), made a minor change to the KB923845 entries
* 126.96.36.199: Added 1 public update and 3 non-public updates (details)