1.12 GB ISO file

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
roont

1.12 GB ISO file

Post by roont » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:12 am

Hello,

Ive successfully used the 2.1.10 update file, however when i tried to use the 2.1.11 update file, the ISO that was created was 1.12 GB. Obviously I cant fit this onto a regular CD. The update files seem to be about the same size, so i was wondering why the ISO would be so much bigger. anyone have a simaler problem or know what I can do about this? i do not have a dvd burner in my PC so i cant burn it to DVD.

ronmanp

Post by ronmanp » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:38 am

you added too much stuff , try removing some windows component you do not need or just remove some stuff you added ..

yumeyao

Post by yumeyao » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:48 am

check your free harddisk space.
if temp files aren't compressed, it will cause so big a desination size.
My work list(Hosted by dumpydooby)

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:22 pm

Also make sure the I386\rvmtemp directory was deleted. It could be possible you closed the integration window before it was fully complete. Or there was a file in use in that directory and the integrator was unable to delete it. In the next release of the integrator (v1.5) it will try an alternate way of deleting the files if it cannot delete the directory. If it fails to delete the directory it scans the entire directory and deletes each file one by one, leaving only the file(s) which were in use. It also will leave a note in the log if it couldn't delete some files.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:29 pm

Could you not burn a DVD instead of a CD? (Assuming, of course, you have a DVD burner.)

I figured I'd ask this here as I was wondering if sometime in the future I would have a similar problem knowing the answer would be helpful. (Maybe others too.)

hgary

Post by hgary » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:47 am

Well I have added numberous updates and driver packs, my version of XP with just a few updates and neccessary drivers of +700 MB the basic disc size is 1.45 GB, you'lll be better off buying a DVD burner they go fof about $30- 35 You'll thank me later if you go out and get the burner, and plenty of DVD's should set you back around $50 or less.
My own copy of XP is about 2.1 GB then I add the most popular software to the disc so I don't have to go looking numberous disc's all the time. You can add things like the My Document folder wirth you files too, so you can restore your pics, documents, and any other important files, like Favorites, and profiles of various browsers. If you need more info let me know

roont

Post by roont » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:35 pm

ronmanp wrote:you added too much stuff , try removing some windows component you do not need or just remove some stuff you added ..
but all i added was the .11 update pack haha.

altho maybe i need to clear something out. thanks for the advice.

buletov

Post by buletov » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:54 pm

Start with a clean source.
Never know what life is gonna throw at you.

roont

Post by roont » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:14 pm

roont wrote:
ronmanp wrote:you added too much stuff , try removing some windows component you do not need or just remove some stuff you added ..
but all i added was the .11 update pack haha.

altho maybe i need to clear something out. thanks for the advice.
doh!

i had a previous ISO in the folder!! smart me.