[Solved] Keyboard Layouts missing

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
Markus

[Solved] Keyboard Layouts missing

Post by Markus » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:52 pm

Hey guys. please help me.
over the last 3 days ive tried about 10 different installs. and i finally got everthing working except for the keyboard layouts.

when i go to regional settings there are only a small list of 10 settings there. i never had this problem prior to the
2.1.11.10 update that was made.
the smaller addon that was set to install on top of ryans install.

ive tried everthing i can think of and right now i just wanna scream.
i dont understand why these arent included after install
Last edited by Markus on Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Markus

Post by Markus » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:57 pm

after intergrating this pack i cant seem to get any european keyboard layouts at all installed. in fact the keyboard list totals 10. and no speech recognition or stuff like that.

im about to test again with just the june updates. is anyone else having keyboard layout issues?

btw. Using NLite and NOT removing any language or Keyboard layouts at all.

code65536

Post by code65536 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:05 pm

No problems with input languages / keyboard layouts here; every one of them is listed. Check the regional settings in nLite's unattended config to make sure you didn't mess up anything there.
My addons: CmdOpen - HashCheck - Notepad2 - MS Runtimes - DirectX

Into the breach, meatbags!

Markus

Post by Markus » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:16 pm

Dang!

i cant think what it is.

I had localisation at US English.
then picked swedish for keyboard layout.

ive tried several different builds and no change whatsoever.

i dont know what to do any more.

btw. using nlite do you guys find you need to make a new imagine everytime you change unattended settings? ive tried just changing the unattended regional settings. but nothing changes. or it ends up breaking autologin.

TechnoHunter

Post by TechnoHunter » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:21 pm

try the integrator to make the image.. see if it still has the same problems as nLite version does..

then report back here :)

TechnoHunter

Markus

Post by Markus » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:50 pm

Ok so this is what ive done.

Removed a bunch of stuff using nlite. with no ryanVM.
then went through unannatended, optiosn and registry tweaks.

tested in vmware.
worked with all languages.

then started new windows copy, intergrated ryans with ryansintegrator.
then finnished off as before with nlite.

and again loss of keyboard layouts. :*.

i dont get it. what on earth could be the prob.

Markus

Post by Markus » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:19 pm

Thats the wierd part.
the ONLY update i did was ryansupdate and this one.
no IE7, no nothing.

its just way out wierd. it seems to be happening with only ryans too..
testing now.

Markus

Update

Post by Markus » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:45 pm

Ok im at my wits end.

I have been testing all day. countless iso's.

I do the following.
XP SP2, Nlite, Remove components, unattended, options, registry. ISO, Burn, and test... Is totally ok. installs perfectly, and has all keyboard choices there.

however if i add anything at all. wheter it be ryans or any other addon in nlite. it will crash. even if i use ryans intergrator. once the install is done. the keyboard options are reduced to 10.

im so confused.

TechnoHunter

Post by TechnoHunter » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:58 pm

Stupid question time.. have you tested with something like the following?

without using nlite AT ALL!!! mind you i do mean AT ALL

start with a totaly clean XP source.. SP2 the sucker and integrate the latest update pack and code's update addon..

test in VMware or on a live build.. are the keyboard layouts there? if so track the sucker back to nlite .. no changes with nlite.. no removals NOTHING but integrating the update pack and update addon..
test again.. same thing.. keyboard layouts there?

else we are shooting in the wind cause sorry, left my computer mind reading hat at the office and cant see your machine from here :)

TechnoHunter

grief

Post by grief » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:24 pm

sounds like you've already removed them once before with nlite. if thats the case no matter how many times you redo the nlite session, the layouts are no longer there.

start with a fresh copy of your windows source cd, slipstream sp2 (if your cd doesn't have it already), then integrate the rvm update pack.

try it like that to confirm that the keyboard layouts were removed with nlite. if all's well just becarefull removing layouts when you run nlite.

Markus

Post by Markus » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:30 am

no i never removed the languges. ive started with a clean source about 15 times in different combinations.
the last time i even tested a clean source. using only ryans. and still the same thing happened.

happened even when i only used the intergrator.

shrugs. dont really know what to do anymore :P

anyways. i got an image working with nlite. however then i did not add anything at all to that image.

so now im testing adding stuff to that image that works. i suspect it still wont work though. i am testing with vmware now. it seems for some reason that simply adding anything to the cd will remove the languages.

so now i need to figure out what file is being changed. anyone know what files keeps track of the keyboard layouts available? is it intl file?

Perhaps one of my removed components is hte cause in the following manner. as soon as something is added. it looks at the install and says. hey! that file isnt there. lets remove those keyboard layouts!.

Markus

Post by Markus » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:51 am

went from a working install and added only ryans. to a non working install. with both nlite and the intergrator. well thats not fair.. the isntall works great. just all the keyboards are missing.

Markus

Post by Markus » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:16 am

sorry if im being a pain. but i figure hey.. if someone ever gets same problem perhaps they will get aid form this. ill stick my final findings up in the first post.

anyways. so it confirms that adding ryans update to my pack does the deed. the question is why it does it.
i've noticed a 50ish K different in the intl.inf file from my cd to ryans.
also a different in the cpl that included. Now im just curious as to why that is. and if that has any bearing on end result.

f0rbez

Post by f0rbez » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:47 am

What components are you removing? I'm willing to bet thats the root of the problem. Send me your nLite config and I'll take a look.

Also verify the following 2 files exist on the original CD and in the final install.

c_20107.nls
kbdsw.dll

Markus

Post by Markus » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:33 am

ok well. i redownloaded ryans pack.
i intergrated everything using ryans. then rmeoved stuff using nlite.

and well it works now. so rahter than tempt fate i think ill just leave it at that :P

i do get an inf error when running the addon to ryans. but languages are there.

those files were present btw.