[BETA] Update Pack 2.2.1b2 + Integrator 1.5b32

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
sasovics

Post by sasovics » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:59 pm

sasovics wrote:I am having a strange problem after slipstreaming the latest beta update pack and some addons. After Windows is installed and I try to install whatever device driver on my computer WFP pops up telling me:

Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognized versions. To maintain system stability, Windows must restore the original versions of these files. Insert your product CD-ROM now.

This happens when I tried to install NVIDIA display drivers, Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi drivers as well as for my Logitech QuickCam drivers. All drivers are original non-modified and
WHQL signed.

Anyone have an idea what might be causing this bug ? This wasn't happening with previous update pack and I used same source CD and very same drivers...

The update pack and addons I used:

Code: Select all

Source: Win XP SP2 (non-modified)

Boogie WMP11 Slipstreamer 0.96 + all hotfixes mentioned on his site
DirectX_9.0c_November_2007_AddOn_0.3_-_CNC.7z
DotNetFx_All_In_1_Addon_v2.7z
Jre6update3_addon_no2.cab
OnePiece_IE7addon_1.9.2_enu.7z
RVMUpdatePack2.2.1b2.7z
WGA_v1.7.59.1_addon.7z

slipstreamed by RVM_Integrator_1.5Beta32
UPDATE: What is more weird, I tried to install Bluetooth driver for my USB Bluetooth device with Microsoft SP2 Bluetooth Stack driver and it gave WFP warning - even for it's own driver !!! I have slipstreamed my XP CD again, but it is all the same. Anyone experiencing same issues ? I have installed hundreds of copies of WinXP but never seen something like this.. Is something wrong in one of my packages listed above ??? Please help..

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:15 pm

try using the switchless version for that ie7 addon first...
for not having the wfp set to off ,,you can always report back on this, if the problem persists ..

gabo

Post by gabo » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:40 am

First let me apologise if this is much of a newbie question, or if it has been answered before, but here it goes:

I'm trying to create a CD with this beta update pack and a few addons. I have seen in this thread a post that mentions a few addons that I can't find anywhere:
sasovics wrote: The update pack and addons I used:

RVMUpdatePack2.2.1b2.7z
WGA_v1.7.59.1_addon.7z

I would like to find the update for DotNet and java. I tried searching the forum using the search option at the top. I typed "DotNetFx_All_In_1_Addon" in the field named "Search for Keywords" and leave everything else with the defaults, and the result is a text that says "No topics or posts met your search criteria". Not even this one, that obviously contains the text I'm looking for. :?

Can someone point me in the right direction? What am I doing wrong? I just need help to find the addons. I belive I can go on from there by myself.

Oh! I almost forgot: Ryan, Siginet, the latest beta upgrade pack is working great here. GREAT WORK!!! thank you very much to both of you. :D

Last edited by gabo on Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:13 am

www.wpiw.net/downloads/addons/Java6u3.exe

Youll need to make an entries file for it.

chutz

Post by chutz » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:24 am

Siginet wrote:I know what is causing it. It is because the integrator looks fo : in the path. I thought I changed it to look for : or \\ in the path but I must have missed something. I'll look into the code and hopefully I can change this.
I am not sure why you are looking for : in the path, but I assume you are trying to pass the root folder to GetFreeDiskSpace. Keep in mind that with NTFS it is possible to mount a partition inside a folder so you can have free space in C:\data but not in C:\ for example. GetFreeDiskSpaceEx apparently can use any path (not just the root of a drive) so maybe you could consider using that function directly with the path that the user picks -- no need to do any parsing.

Having said that, the VMWare shared folders seem to always report 0 bytes of free space so there doesn't seem to be any way of fixing it there. Would you consider offering the option of ignoring that warning?

iuli_kyle

Post by iuli_kyle » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:40 am

Can i integrate this over the integrated June UpdatePack without damaging anything ?
Image SFXMaker - The most complete switchless installer creator software

redxii

Post by redxii » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:47 am

"This version cannot be integrated over previous Update Pack versions. "

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:58 am

Kelsenellenelvian wrote:www.wpiw.net/downloads/addons/Java6u3.exe

Not for v1.5 of the integrator. ;) It has built in support for integrating switchless installers. :D
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

iuli_kyle

Post by iuli_kyle » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:24 am

redxii wrote:"This version cannot be integrated over previous Update Pack versions. "
Sorry, missed that :D
Image SFXMaker - The most complete switchless installer creator software

gabo

Post by gabo » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:15 am

Thank you very much Kel. I'll look into it. But my origina question still remains: Why can't I use the search function of the forum? Anyone can help me with the right way to use it?
gabo

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:53 pm

gabo wrote:

Thank you very much Kel. I'll look into it. But my origina question still remains: Why can't I use the search function of the forum? Anyone can help me with the right way to use it?
This is a bit offtopic...

Not sure where you posted you cannot use the search function. But you should be able to click the search link above which links to:
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/search.php
Then just type the item you are looking for. Is this not working properly? :?
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

TechnoHunter

Post by TechnoHunter » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:29 pm

Hey Sig, the post about searching is here and he mentions that he tried to search but that it returned no results.. not having tried it myself to verify what he was doing.. cant say if it works right now or not (posting from work)

TechnoHunter

Zacam

Post by Zacam » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:39 pm

Searching in the RyanVM forums works perfectly fine. It may just be _how_ you are searching and/or what you are searching for.

My test example was searching "WGA" (without quotes) and I can say, the search function here works beautifully.

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:27 am

sasovics wrote:I am having a strange problem after slipstreaming the latest beta update pack and some addons. After Windows is installed and I try to install whatever device driver on my computer WFP pops up telling me:

Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognized versions. To maintain system stability, Windows must restore the original versions of these files. Insert your product CD-ROM now.

This happens when I tried to install NVIDIA display drivers, Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi drivers as well as for my Logitech QuickCam drivers. All drivers are original non-modified and
WHQL signed.

Anyone have an idea what might be causing this bug ? This wasn't happening with previous update pack and I used same source CD and very same drivers...

slipstreamed by RVM_Integrator_1.5Beta32[/code]
let us know how did it work with the switchless installer of IE7 if you are still about testing this for youreself ;)

fortunato

Post by fortunato » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:51 pm

Hi Ryan !
Would you tell me when exactly final version will be realised ?

Outbreaker

Post by Outbreaker » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:27 pm

This would help me also. :D

Mavericc

Post by Mavericc » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:33 pm

He said here that the final release won't be out until after the January updates.
Idiots try to maintain order - A genius can control chaos

w2sjw

Post by w2sjw » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:19 pm

Could there possibly be a link to the use of this beta update & the fact that the Security Center is now not recognizing that I have NOD32 v3.0.621 installed (It swears I have no AV!).

It was working just fine before I did this new re-build...

keloo05

Post by keloo05 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:14 am

WHQL signed

I have this problem too. I made two win' cd's till now, and I got that message when I installed nvidia driver or realtek sound driver. What's happening? :?:

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:10 am

w2sjw wrote:Could there possibly be a link to the use of this beta update & the fact that the Security Center is now not recognizing that I have NOD32 v3.0.621 installed (It swears I have no AV!).

It was working just fine before I did this new re-build...
Yes, I've seen the same thing with SAV. Looking in the event viewer, the issue appears to be that WMI can't properly check for AV support. I'll find the culprit and remove it before this goes final. The good news is that XPSP3 b3264 isn't showing the problem, at least.
keloo05 wrote:I have this problem too. I made two win' cd's till now, and I got that message when I installed nvidia driver or realtek sound driver. What's happening? :?:
Can you get More Information and find out what file it's complaining about? If you don't put the XP CD in, it should eventually pop up a file picker dialog.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

mfarmilo

Post by mfarmilo » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:14 pm

sasovics wrote:

WHQL signed.

The update pack and addons I used:

RVMUpdatePack2.2.1b2.7z
WGA_v1.7.59.1_addon.7z

UPDATE: What is more weird, I tried to install Bluetooth driver for my USB Bluetooth device with Microsoft SP2 Bluetooth Stack driver and it gave WFP warning - even for it's own driver !!! I have slipstreamed my XP CD again, but it is all the same. Anyone experiencing same issues ? I have installed hundreds of copies of WinXP but never seen something like this.. Is something wrong in one of my packages listed above ??? Please help..
I found a similar problem some time ago. I found installing addon packs was a bit hit and miss as to whether WFP would end up broken. I don't have time to keep trying different addons to see whether they work or not. So my solution was to stick with Ryan's update pack and leave it at that. Plus after searching the forums I seemed to find more discussion about how to turn WFP off, as opposed to adding addons without breaking it. Maybe it would be nice if addon packs could come with a little note from the writers as to whether WFP has to be turned off or not.

SHO_GuN

Post by SHO_GuN » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:44 pm

w2sjw wrote:Could there possibly be a link to the use of this beta update & the fact that the Security Center is now not recognizing that I have NOD32 v3.0.621 installed (It swears I have no AV!).
I had this on two out of three machines also ... the following seems to "fix" the problem:

Stop the "Windows Management Instrumentation" Service, this will stop "Security Center" and "Windows Firewall/ICS" also.

Now delete the "Repository" directory in "WINDOWS\system32\wbem\ "then reboot.

Security Center was also claiming I didn't have a firewall enabled, after performing this "fix" and rebooting, Security Center was happy in both the AV and firewall section.

TechnoHunter

Post by TechnoHunter » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:35 pm

i may be mis-remembering, but i could have sworn that code had a addon that "reset" the wmi.. for pretty much this exact reason.. i dont recall the thread but the file was called resetwmi-1.2-redist.7z and included the source code as well as the exe that he used to fix the problem..

good luck.

TechnoHunter

keloo05

Post by keloo05 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:08 pm

RyanVM wrote:
keloo05 wrote:I have this problem too. I made two win' cd's till now, and I got that message when I installed nvidia driver or realtek sound driver. What's happening? :?:
Can you get More Information and find out what file it's complaining about? If you don't put the XP CD in, it should eventually pop up a file picker dialog.
It doesn't ask for a specific file...just says to insert the original CD, and if you do, the message dissapears. I pressed the "More info" button, but it says the same thing...

L38Crow

Post by L38Crow » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:02 pm

Worked great! Installed on three AMD machines. Good job!

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:29 am

TechnoHunter wrote:i may be mis-remembering, but i could have sworn that code had a addon that "reset" the wmi..
You're right.
Here's the thread.

AntinousK

Post by AntinousK » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:23 am

FWIW, I don't have this problem with KAV or KIS. Must be some difference in how they register with WMI / Security center VS. NAV & NOD.

GameFAQsRolo

Post by GameFAQsRolo » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:21 am

Finally got a chance to install this today. So far it's working great and I haven't run into any problems. Nvidia and Creative drivers installed fine along with my LAN and AIO printer. Looking forward to a January release.

Installed RVMUpdatePack2.2.1b2.7z with RVM_Integrator_1.5Beta32.exe first. Then I went back and installed the addons. Last, I used the integrator to make the .iso. :)

RVMUpdatePack2.2.1b2.7z
PatchAddon_TCPIP_250_v13d.cab
PatchAddon_UXTHEME_v13c.cab
RogueSpearAddonsAdobeReader_8.1.1.zip
RogueSpearAddonsFreeDownloadManager_2.5.737.zip
RogueSpearAddonsJ2SE603.zip
RogueSpearAddonsRuntimes_2.7.7.zip
RogueSpearAddonsWinPcap_4.1b2.zip
RVMAddons_1.8.2.7z
RVMAddonsDX9_1.4.7z
RVMAddonsWGAN_1.7.18.5a.7z

dougiefresh

Post by dougiefresh » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:18 am

Installed v2.2.1b2 onto my system last night. Works great so far! All updates that MU reports are for WMP11, .NET, and driver updates. Thanks, Ryan!
Visit me at home: http://xptsp.filetap.com

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:19 pm

mr_smartepants wrote:You're right.
Here's the thread.
Now wouldn't it be ironic if the hotfix mentioned in that article (KB933062) turned out to be the culprit? At that point, I'm not really sure how I'd want to go about handling it...

I'll probably start putting resetwmi in the pack as well. I see that code64k was doing the same with his update.

zsero

Post by zsero » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:58 pm

I've been using RyanVM update packs for a long time, and now I tried this newest beta.
1. I integrated only the update pack, using Integrator
2. I integrated Intel SATA drivers in nLite,
3. I made ISO in nLite (did nothing else in nLite or Integrator, no unattanded thing).
(If you know a better workflow for Updatepack + SATA drivers, please tell me)

I had the following things happen to me, which was not happening with the latest stable release that I used for a dozen times.
1. The timezone was not set which I set in the xp setup (GMT +1), but was set GMT +4. I had to manually set it back to GMT +1.
2. The run exe file "Unknown Publisher" thing is appearing after _every_ exe I download from the net. I use Opera or Firefox, same for both. Previously I only had to check that "Don't ask..." but know it doesn't work.

lespea

Post by lespea » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:01 pm

I recommend http://www.driverpacks.net/ for integrating SATA drivers...

L38Crow

BSD During initial boot

Post by L38Crow » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:39 am

I got BSD on one of my systems during initial DVD-boot process at the point of "Starting windows" after loading of all drivers. I tried DVD's with and without integrated SATA Raid drivers.

I found out that it only happends when my Nvidia SATA Stripe set is enabled (NVidia SATA Raid controller is enabled in BIOS).
MB ASUS P2N-E SLI (nVIDIA nForce 500 SLI, AMD Hammer), 4096 Mb (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM), Dual Core AMD Athlon 6000+,

If SATA Raid controller is enabled in BIOS - setup falls to BSD with error code 0x0000007B. Any ideas why?

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:29 am

If you're using Bâshrat's DriverPacks, L38Crow, then it's a known issue. I was wrestling with similar problems with nForce 3 and 4 nvRAID drivers two years ago. I've since stopped using nvRAID and the DriverPacks for unrelated reasons.

The only workaround I'm aware of, not being familiar with the latest batch of packs, is to isolate the specific mass storage drivers you need and remove the nvRAID drivers that are not specific to your motherboard. If you are deploying on multiple nForce variants then you'll most likely need several different customized versions of DriverPack_MassStorage.

EDIT: Just found something interesting concerning that error in the DP_MS changelog:
Bâshrat the Sneaky wrote:V5.10 (23 Oct 05)

Fixed
- too many HWIDs were added to the TXTSETUP.SIF file for the AMD mass storage controllers, causing a 0x7B BSOD on some systems
I'm thinking that this could be a regression in the latest versions. You should post your problem on the DriverPacks.net Forum, L38Crow.

L38Crow

Post by L38Crow » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:20 am

5eraph wrote:If you're using Bâshrat's DriverPacks, L38Crow, then it's a known issue. I was wrestling with similar problems with nForce 3 and 4 nvRAID drivers two years ago. I've since stopped using nvRAID and the DriverPacks for unrelated reasons.

The only workaround I'm aware of, not being familiar with the latest batch of packs, is to isolate the specific mass storage drivers you need and remove the nvRAID drivers that are not specific to your motherboard. If you are deploying on multiple nForce variants then you'll most likely need several different customized versions of DriverPack_MassStorage.

EDIT: Just found something interesting concerning that error in the DP_MS changelog:

Fixed
- too many HWIDs were added to the TXTSETUP.SIF file for the AMD mass storage controllers, causing a 0x7B BSOD on some systems
I'm thinking that this could be a regression in the latest versions. You should post your problem on the DriverPacks.net Forum, L38Crow.
Thank you for fast reply. I found out that this happened with a latest DriverPack....

mfarmilo

Post by mfarmilo » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:24 pm

L38Crow wrote:
5eraph wrote:If you're using Bâshrat's DriverPacks, L38Crow, then it's a known issue. I was wrestling with similar problems with nForce 3 and 4 nvRAID drivers two years ago. I've since stopped using nvRAID and the DriverPacks for unrelated reasons.

Fixed
Thank you for fast reply. I found out that this happened with a latest DriverPack....
I also got that problem when I tried the Driverpacks Mass Storage drivers recently. The fix I found on their forum was to also integrate the Chipset driver, that sorted it.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:29 pm

zsero wrote:1. The timezone was not set which I set in the xp setup (GMT +1), but was set GMT +4. I had to manually set it back to GMT +1.
I believe that's a known nLite issue.
2. The run exe file "Unknown Publisher" thing is appearing after _every_ exe I download from the net. I use Opera or Firefox, same for both. Previously I only had to check that "Don't ask..." but know it doesn't work.
I'm not sure if that's really a bug or not....

the_guy

Post by the_guy » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:27 am

I had the timezone issue with Beta 32 of the integrator.

I also slipstreamed the IE7 addon, Roguespear's runtimes, and I also ran the WMP11 slipstreamer.

the_guy

keloo05

Post by keloo05 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:06 am

I also had this issue with the time zone (using RVM Integrator), but I didn't considered it a problem. While installing Windows, it let me to choose my timezone, so I picked GMT+2 Bucharest (it had no other city associations in that list). When Windows was completely installed, I verified the timezone, but it was changed to GMT+2 Cairo (if I remember well), even if GMT+2 Bucharest was also in this list, but now associated with Athens and Istambul.

shon3i

Post by shon3i » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:49 am

Same here, i use Beta32 integrator, and use same addons like the_guy.

but i tryed without IE7 Addon and it's same.

zsero

Post by zsero » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:42 am

Quote:
I'm not sure if that's really a bug or not....
OK, it solved, I just had to click like 6 times, now it's not appearing again. Maybe it was like this before, but it's not that important.

It's good to know it's not only me with timezone probs.

shon3i

Post by shon3i » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:09 am

I now finished installing XP on some machine, and i get issue with SFC at first boot, and when i try to instal some device driver. Looks like wmplayer isn't propertly signed

VCC

Post by VCC » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:59 pm

Outbreaker wrote:Why spending so many time on the Integrator ? Wee have nLite for intergreeting stuffs.
nLite :rolleyes:

New Update pack worked like a charm for me! Integrator too.
Props to all that work so hard them. !wOOt!
Got Computer?
RyanVM and all that support and help with the RVM Integrator and the Update Packs and Addons. Much appreciation to you! You're Awesome!

Zacam

Post by Zacam » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:59 pm

Because the Integrator is the OFFICAL application for the RVM Update Packs.

That's why so much time is spent on it. If we have to add this to the FAQ, it will be, because I for one am getting sick of the question and would really like to not ever see it again.

(WTF is intergreeting? A schizophrenic app talking to itself? *sighs* I realize we do have a high amount of people that do not have english as a primary language, so I would like to suggest online assets like www.dictionary.com and the like. Please over-use as necessary.)

VCC

Post by VCC » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:51 pm

Zacam:

I wasn't actually asking the question, I'm just not a fan of nL*&# and when I saw the reply mentioning it I had the overwhelming urge to roll my eyes. As my reply shows.

I see your point though, I lost focus on his text after seeing the n* word.

BTW: Nothing at all personal to the creator of that software, I know they have quite a following and I'm sure it is meritted. So, I don't want to start anything here against it. Just my own personal view coming out. Not to mention that I'm a bit tweaked that I've heard from creditable sources they diss other developers at MSFN.
Got Computer?
RyanVM and all that support and help with the RVM Integrator and the Update Packs and Addons. Much appreciation to you! You're Awesome!

biatche
I can't read

Post by biatche » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:10 am

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:38 pm

biatche, that issue's already being discussed in this thread...

That said, because I'm lazy and don't feel like restating things, read my response there:
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=66296#66296

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:30 am

Ok here is RVM Integrator v1.5 RC1
http://siginetsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269

Ryan can you package this up with the next Beta? Maybe we should post a link to this in the first post of this thread for now. It fixes a bug with svcpack and a few addons.

Thanks for testing everyone! Looks like we are squashing a few minor bugs. :)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

biatche
I can't read

Post by biatche » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:06 am

thank you and sorry general ryan. i posted that link before you replied sir.

brian1264

2.2.1b2

Post by brian1264 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:45 pm

None of th elinks to this file are working. they are either empty files or the site is down.