[BETA] Update Pack 2.2.1b3 + Integrator 1.5RC1

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
biatche
I can't read

Post by biatche » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:35 pm

so right now, considering the issues in RC1 and RC2... how can i stablely make an integration with the latest rvm addon, with zacam patches..? please instruct

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:36 pm

I've searched the forum for "ntldr" and I'm not coming up with anything. So, has anyone else here gotten the "NTLDR not found" immediately upon booting to CD?

I've gotten right down to the basics of doing nothing except integrate this beta update pack with the v1.5 RC2 integrator. No addons, no nlite, no anything else at all. I've tried this on no less than four separate computers, all with the same result. I've tried running the integrator normal from the gui, from the command line in unattended mode, and by calling it from AutoImage - all with identical results.

If I revert back to the most recent final update pack and v1.4.3 integrator, then I don't have this problem. And I never did have it in the past. For the sake of being thorough, I also have had this issue with b2 of the update pack and with v1.5 RC1 of the integrator.

Velak

Post by Velak » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:07 am

RogueSpear wrote:I've searched the forum for "ntldr" and I'm not coming up with anything. So, has anyone else here gotten the "NTLDR not found" immediately upon booting to CD?
I am having this problem, but only when I use Autoimage to build the ISO. I am using Autoimage 0.1.9.7, and RVM integrator v1.5.RC2.

If I try to build the Image with Autoimage, it always gives me the ntldr issue. If I build it from Integrator, it works fine.

What I've been doing is running autoimage, letting it finish, (without building the ISO) then I load RVM Integrator and have it build the ISO. Works fine for me then.

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:14 am

I'm using UltraISO to build mine which is what I've been using since the update pack first came out. I've never had consistent results with mkisofs which is why I don't even use my own program to make iso files.

dolivas

Post by dolivas » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:34 am

@RogueSpear

I have always used nLite to build my ISO after running autoimage and have never had that issue. I am a registered user of UltraISO tell me the steps you are using and I will build an ISO with it a test it on my end.

Joe S

Update Pack

Post by Joe S » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:56 am

I just finished testing the Jan update and have got the Kabul Time showing now. I didn't get this on the Dec pack. I tested on VirtualBox and Microsoft vVrtual PC. I tried both with yes and no at the T13 popup butt get the same result. Other than the time thing it seems fine.
Joe

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:11 am

oops
_coming soon, don't hold your breath

bober101

Post by bober101 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:26 am

ive done more testing and it seems b3 combined with any ie7 addons results in problems with oobe and/or msobshel.
XP theme source patcher
patches/overwrites ure default xp visual resources

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:07 am

dolivas wrote:@RogueSpear

I have always used nLite to build my ISO after running autoimage and have never had that issue. I am a registered user of UltraISO tell me the steps you are using and I will build an ISO with it a test it on my end.
The steps should be completely irrelevant because it has always and continues to work for v1.4.3 integrations. But for argument's sake I open an existing XP SP2 .iso file that will boot properly, nuke the i386 folder, insert new i386 folder, save as (not save). Done.

biatche
I can't read

Post by biatche » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:59 pm

what advanced inf install error do you people get? mines wmpenc.exe /regserver reason: the system cannot find the file specified.

just checking if its the same.. btw, what implications does this have? will something be screwed?

bober101

Post by bober101 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:03 pm

biatche, ure error seems related to windows media player or a codec you or a program has repalced on the disc.the t13 error is a small inf install window message asking to reboot.prety sure its not related to ure 'wmpenc.exe ' error.
XP theme source patcher

electroglyph

Post by electroglyph » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:02 pm

The fix Kontini posted is working great here, no advanced inf error anymore.

Thanks for the great work as always Ryan & Company.

Ben.Hahlen

Post by Ben.Hahlen » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:08 pm

Anyone have a problem with the "config.nt", "autoexec.nt" and/or "command.com" not being extracted somehow?
I've been getting errors that certain programs (like sleep.exe) could not be executed due to a missing config.nt file...
Have "fixed" this by adding a manual expand command at T13.

I integrate 2.2.1b3 (+a couple of addons), DP Mass-storage and WMP11 (in that order).

Thanks Ryan for your great packs, have been using them for quite a while now, just never posted here before. :)

biatche
I can't read

Post by biatche » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:57 pm

ill need to check, i went to look at the issue in greater depth, it appears like a problem ive experienced before.. and that's always and always due to just one addon pack with a typo... since, a lot of other addons weren't present in my integration though they've been integrated.

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:55 am

Ben.Hahlen wrote: I've been getting errors that certain programs (like sleep.exe) could not be executed due to a missing config.nt file...
I noticed this with WPI %reboot% command. The system would no longer reboot when told by WPI. :?
I though it was a WPI fault, I'll have to look into your cause to confirm it.

biatche
I can't read

Post by biatche » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:37 am

the kabul bug is still present for me. i am using RC2 rvmi

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:46 am

As allways, I#m having fun installing the last 2 packs from Ryan. If Ryans pack is all i install, then everything is fine, but as soon as i start to add more addons then I get a WMP11 Regserver problem, and framedyn.dll missing errors.

I have never had so many problems until the last month or so, and I have been using the RVMI and lots of addons for years now without issue.

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:55 am

I haven't tried this update pack, but another member who has his own update pack (currently through january) works with no issues using RVMI 1.5 RC1

and I use this order:

1. SP2 Fresh source + RVMI - Update pack and all addons
2. WMP11 Integration
3. nLite + IE7, WScript 5.7, Dougie's IE7 Tweaks, Component removals, Tweaks, Unattended options, Drivers... etc...
4. Build ISO with nLite
5. VM Ware test

only thing that screwed me up for a bit was Kel's uberpack, but that has since been fixed.

techtype

Post by techtype » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:43 am

Ben.Hahlen wrote:Anyone have a problem with the "config.nt", "autoexec.nt" and/or "command.com" not being extracted somehow?
I've been getting errors that certain programs (like sleep.exe) could not be executed due to a missing config.nt file...

I integrate 2.2.1b3 (+a couple of addons), DP Mass-storage and WMP11 (in that order).

Thanks Ryan for your great packs, have been using them for quite a while now, just never posted here before. :)
Are you using any Notepad replacer program? There is a known problem with them As I recall.

SoKoOLz

Post by SoKoOLz » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:52 am

Thx again Ryan for the update pack^^.

I've tested it and just like u said there really is the Advanced INF popup.

Ben.Hahlen

Post by Ben.Hahlen » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:03 pm

techtype wrote:
Ben.Hahlen wrote:Anyone have a problem with the "config.nt", "autoexec.nt" and/or "command.com" not being extracted somehow?

Are you using any Notepad replacer program? There is a known problem with them As I recall.
I use Kel's Mega-super-duper-filled pack with Notepad++. Used to have Kel's pack with Notepad2. Will try it with the Notepad2 version instead of the Notepad++ version and report back here.

biatche
I can't read

Post by biatche » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:01 pm

what known problem is there with notepad replacer actually?

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:16 pm

Ben.Hahlen wrote:I use Kel's Mega-super-duper-filled pack with Notepad++. Used to have Kel's pack with Notepad2. Will try it with the Notepad2 version instead of the Notepad++ version and report back here.
which version? if it's 1.5.4-1.5.5 it is broken I believe... I am using 1.5.6 now it works flawlessly... but like I said... the before mentioned versions I believe are broken and will break your disc... double check and let us know!

if you want notepad++ just use the uberpack with notepad2 and then also use the notepad++ 4.7.5 addon alongside it. NOT the replacer version if using uberpack w/notepad2, as this will also break your installation...

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:20 pm

biatche wrote:what known problem is there with notepad replacer actually?
there was an issue with a couple versions of the notepad++ replacer inf... those have been fixed with version 4.7.5

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:40 pm

k guys let's stay on topic. ;) It's best to take this into the thread for that specific addon. We really want this thread to squash any bugs we can find.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

Zacam

Post by Zacam » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:21 pm

I can confirm kabul tz bug on OEM copies with and without unattended.

I used the INF fix described above though, so no ideas about T13 problems.

No other problems to report though. Between this and RC2 and installing IE7 and WMP post-install along with my complete .Net package, I only had the XML 6.0 SP1 thing show up as an update.

System is rock solid and bloody faster than the identical machine someone else built and brought up the hard way. :-)

bober101

Post by bober101 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:30 pm

all ic an say there ar eissues with ie7.
XP theme source patcher

sb1

Where is T13 Section?

Post by sb1 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:28 am

Quick ? Got the T13 popup and hit NO (left machine so don't know what happened) Integrated with nLite, WMP11 then DriverPacks. Been doing for 2+ years but still don't know that much advanced stuff. After install it went back to Kabul Time, so then it didn't really finish correctly I assume. But used a fresh install with Beta 3, used Beta2 last 2 weeks but I know I didn't use it with this. My naming system and notes would be very hard for me to screw up something like that (?)

How do I do this T13 fix everyone talks about? Want to do it after my already integrated CD. Been searching here for hours last two days, MSFN Forums (msfn unattended) and at Wincert. Have over 40 tabs opened and still nothing. Tried finding and if found looked in: txtsetup.sif, entries.ini , svcpack.in_, dosnet.inf and opened up in notepad++ and tried the kb with winrar and no .inf in there. I want to be able to know how to do this even if Ryan will get final done by this Sun. night.

Posted to booooggy and n7Epsilon WMP11 Slipstreamer support MSFN page and told them I'd test this Beta3 with the new Comodo Firewall version that came out in last few days, since problems with the Defense+. Can't do it with Beta3, if can't get past this T13 thing.

Help Please. Just point me in the right direction.

sb1
Last edited by sb1 on Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

TechnoHunter

Post by TechnoHunter » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:59 am

to do the T13 fix you need to unpack the update with 7-zip and find RVMUpPck.inf, open that file with something like notepad. find the section with the header of [T13] replace the lines under that with the ones from Kontini's post (found here) save your changes to the file and exit the editor you used. then you need to repack the addon.. once that is done integrate as normal and the adv-inf warning should be gone..

yell if ya need more help :)

good luck

sb1

T13 - Thanks

Post by sb1 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:32 am

Thanks TechnoHunter,

Sounds easy enough. I guess I was in edit too long since you answered it 10min before I was done reposting.

chiners_68

Post by chiners_68 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:02 am

Hi Guys,
has the issue with timewzone been resolved in the latest beta..?

biatche
I can't read

Post by biatche » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:14 am

timezone issue still present for me

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:15 pm

just wondering... are these issues thought to be update pack related only? or is there an issue with the integrator?

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:17 pm

Anybody else have trouble registering fonts?

I have to go into mine and register them manually, not only my Sidebar fonts but allot of other Windows fonts go without registering.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:17 pm

The only error i got is time zone. I chose GMT+2 at setup (didnt use winnt.sif). After first logon, kabul was the selected time zone. I used Ryans method in my update pack, and got the same error (kabul is selected whatever you do).
But if you change kabul to sth else, it stays so. DOesnt change to kabul again.
Thanks for the update Ryan. IMO, this is just a small issue. I can live with it :wink:

Edit: ricktendo64, did u try registering after setup or did u slipstream ur addon? I'll give a try.

Outbreaker

Post by Outbreaker » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:18 pm

Has no one how has this time zone bug test to include the pack with nLite.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:18 pm

I really have no idea what could be causing the Kabul issue (well, besides the MS TZ update :P). At this point, the registry changes are being loaded during textmode setup, so all of the timezone stuff is done by the time a timezone is being selected during GUI setup.

Furthermore, I can't reproduce the issue when I set Eastern Standard Time from winnt.sif.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

pdl808

Post by pdl808 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:04 pm

I still have the Time Zone problem. I verified that my clock was correctly set to (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time. I formatted the hard driver and did a clean install. Everything works perfectly except now my clock is (GMT+4:30) Kabul. My Winnt.sif file contains TimeZone=004

I assume everybody on the board knows that Xable’s Light Pack does NOT have the Time Zone problem.

This is what’s included on my disk and the sequence of integration.

Step 1 – RVM Integrator 1.5 RC2
RVMUpdatePack2.2.1b3.7z

Step 2 -- RVM Integrator 1.5 RC2
Boooggy_ASPI_Addon.cab
DirectX9.0cNovember2007AddOn0.3.4CNC.7z
Kels_ClearType_addon_v1.1.cab
Kels_TweakUI_v2.10_CPL_addon_build2.cab
Ricks_GenuineAvantage_Addon_80112.7z
RogueSpearAddonsDotNet11SP1.zip
RogueSpearAddonsDotNet20SP1.zip

Step 3 – WMP11 Slipstreamer
Wmp11-windowsxp-x86-enu.exe
MP11 Hot Fixes (11 each)

Step 4 – nLite version 1.4.1
IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe
IE7-KB938127.exe
IE7-KB942615.exe
KB941569

sb1

Post by sb1 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:22 pm

I am also having the Kabul timezone thing. But like MrNxDmX said (I posted almost exactly @ Roguespear about timezone, wierd)
---
I used nLite 1.4.1 with Ryan2.2.1Beta3 with T13 fix. Also included MrNxDmX IE7 (thanks) among 15 other addons. Then WMP11, then DriverPacks.net. Then I used RyanIntegrator with your (RougeSpear) Java604. It works great, except on bootup timezone still says Kabul, but stays to whatever you change, but that's a Ryan2.2.1Beta3 thing.
----
Haven't run into any other problems yet, I didn't do any theme's or font changes. I did try all (except for WIN9XMIG, WIN9XUPG and WINNTUPG) those recommendations on MSFN Unattended _Advanced_Slimming Down your CD/DVD and that went good too. Now just going to install .NET 3.5 to see if deleting .NET and Tablet Folder will cause a problem.

Thanks Ryan I think it's good enough for me.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:34 pm

pdl808 wrote:I assume everybody on the board knows that Xable’s Light Pack does NOT have the Time Zone problem.
Xables uses KB942763.exe hotfix file in his update pack. Runs it via svcpack.inf (KB942763.exe /quiet /norestart).
Maybe this way will prevent errors but will be out of ryans way (inf codes).

Umm, i suppose i can make an addon for this :)

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:54 pm

That's an interesting workaround to the problem. It's not completely out of the question to do it that way. I already do that for the root certificates update.

TechnoHunter

Post by TechnoHunter » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:46 am

stupid question time.. forgive me if this is wildly out there.. Sig changed the integrator with 1.5 to sort the entries in the txtset.sif to allow faster integration.. if there ANY chance that the TZ list if being sorted and that for some reason kabul IS entry 004 now in the sorted list? (in other words is this a integrator bug?)

bober101

Post by bober101 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:32 am

i assume the tz work around executes before the gui setup,so its removed from the rest of the setup ,so its not like the hotfix is being installed after at t 24 or sumthing...and it would overwriting the corrected settings.
XP theme source patcher

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:02 am

TechnoHunter wrote:stupid question time.. forgive me if this is wildly out there.. Sig changed the integrator with 1.5 to sort the entries in the txtset.sif to allow faster integration.. if there ANY chance that the TZ list if being sorted and that for some reason kabul IS entry 004 now in the sorted list? (in other words is this a integrator bug?)
How files are sorted in txtsetup.sif would have no effect on this.

TechnoHunter

Post by TechnoHunter » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:31 am

if the file sorting has no effect on this, and you would know since you helped with it :) , then why does Rogue mention that the latest pack works with the older integrator but not 1.5? (if i recall his post correctly)

has anyone done a full on compare to the final dir structure when everything is the same but the two different integrators? with something like araxis merge or windiff? i could try it, but as i havent started using the new integrator (cause of the reports of bugs, i tend to wait till sig says its a release before grabbing the latest, as i dont have all that good of hardware to run a vm on for testing) it would be a bit before i could verify the reports of the tz problem, if indeed i could since it doesnt seem to be consistant for everyone.. then i would have to redo with the old integrator and compare.. but if ya want me to i could.. (if it would help)

good luck and thanks for the pack!

TechnoHunter

DizzyDen

Post by DizzyDen » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:40 am

MrNxDmX wrote: Umm, i suppose i can make an addon for this :)
There's already a time zone fix addon in the forums that works.
You Can't Get, If You Won't Give
YCGIYWG

SoKoOLz

Post by SoKoOLz » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:56 am

I think I've found some bug to this RVMIntegrator and the latest updatepack. This is also happened with the previous release.

This bug is not serious, but it is really annoying.
It happens when you integrating the update pack to the Windows Source that is located in External Harddrive.
The result to this was that, the size of the source that has been integrated grew so much bigger than the size it should be.

My Original Windows Source is about: 574MB
Then after the integration On the external HDD, the size is about: 720MB
then I've tried doing it again on my local HDD, the size appears to be normal: 602MB
I've tested many times, even reformatted my computer and it still happens. So I'm pretty sure it's the integrator. However, I'ven't tested this with nlite integration yet.

I just want to report this, so peoples who are using external HDD will be awared about this bug.
Thanks

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:46 am

TechnoHunter wrote:if the file sorting has no effect on this, and you would know since you helped with it :) , then why does Rogue mention that the latest pack works with the older integrator but not 1.5? (if i recall his post correctly)
Actually that isn't correct. The most recent "final" Update Pack works and has always worked with v1.4.3 of the Integrator. The current beta series of Update Packs w/ the v1.5 RCs are not working for me with disc based images. It does work beautifully with RIS image processing however.

AntinousK

Post by AntinousK » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:44 am

SoKoOLz: Is it still oversize even after making the iso? I have a feeling the size difference has something todo with your external disks format and/or cluster size. Just a thought.

SoKoOLz

Post by SoKoOLz » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 am

AntinousK wrote:SoKoOLz: Is it still oversize even after making the iso? I have a feeling the size difference has something todo with your external disks format and/or cluster size. Just a thought.
Surprisingly, the ISO size is equal to the source in external HDD..