Normal or errors? T13 windows

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
belmontmilds

Normal or errors? T13 windows

Post by belmontmilds » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:33 pm

Hello, newbie question...

I noticed what looked like cmd windows (like the one from Start, Run, Cmd window) during the XP Pro install, I believe it was around 13 minute left to finish mark.

They pop up very quickly with not enough time to read anything. So are these error messages or is it normal? Perhaps from the addons?

Zyx_Maiden

Post by Zyx_Maiden » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:49 pm

It's normal, those are from update pack or addon (not sure). I also have some of those but my installs work without a glich.
If you see dinosaurs, stop using drugs. But, if you don't use drugs, GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:55 pm

They are the result of several RunOnce registry entries imported from RVMUpPck.inf to execute files related to Microsoft's updates.

While it may be possible to suppress them, it would involve adding a CMD window utility (such as HideC.exe or RunHiddenConsole.exe) and more complicated commandlines in Ryan's INF. It's not really worth the effort.

belmontmilds

Post by belmontmilds » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:59 pm

That's what I was hoping for, spent many hours for this lol
Thanks for the quick replies :)

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:32 am

They are actually comforting, because when you don't see CMD windows during t13 you should worry...

TJHart85

Post by TJHart85 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:26 pm

ricktendo64 wrote:They are actually comforting, because when you don't see CMD windows during t13 you should worry...
If you're doing it right, you'll take advantage of your WINNT.SIF file & not watch the install!

Of course, I'm hardly one to talk, so I'll shut up now :D
Numbers written on restaurant bills within the confines of restaurants do not follow the same mathematical laws as numbers written on any other pieces of paper in any other parts of the Universe.
--Douglas Adams