[BETA] Update Pack 2.2.1 RC1

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
User avatar
Kelsenellenelvian
Moderator
Posts: 4383
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:32 pm
Location: Pocatello, ID
Contact:

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:19 am

DO YOU PAY RYAN FOR THIS????

NO?

Well then you have no right to bitch. You need to just shut up as we all have real lives here and in the first thread he stated BEFORE you whined that this would be final...

I can't believe the gall of some people.

posttoast
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:54 am
Location: The Hague. The Netherlands

Post by posttoast » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:37 am

Mostly I just lurk here, but I wanted to say that the RC1 works perfectly here. Thanks for all the hard work Ryan!

bobotlito
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:32 am
Location: singapore

Post by bobotlito » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:42 am

tested on real machine.
2.2.1 rc1 works perfect for me too.

a huge thanks to ryan and sigi. for this great work. :P

bobotlito
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:32 am
Location: singapore

Post by bobotlito » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:47 am

fortunato wrote:I mean it took a long long time from 2.1 to 2.2 !
You become a lazy boy, Ryan. I'm sorry, but that's true. You've never been same before. What happens ?
There was an unforgettable time you used to build a new pack every single month, I remember... Where that smart boy has gone ?
Now things have changed...
Well, i'm in no position to hammer!!! you...
but you're a disgusting creature.

User avatar
project51
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:38 pm

Post by project51 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:15 am

That was actually a joke, not a sarcasm.

But in the future, for the sake of those who doesn't sense humor. Jokes should not be posted.

2.2.1 RC works fine here.

User avatar
fortunato
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:01 pm

Post by fortunato » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:35 am

Kelsenellenelvian wrote:DO YOU PAY RYAN FOR THIS????

NO?

Well then you have no right to bitch. You need to just shut up as we all have real lives here and in the first thread he stated BEFORE you whined that this would be final...

I can't believe the gall of some people.
Cool down, man !
That was a joke !
It's too bad to be a mam without sense of humor. Ok. Look ! You don't have to be worry about your life anymore because the very awful thing in this life has already happened with you.
I mean no sense of humor !

:D

User avatar
fortunato
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:01 pm

Post by fortunato » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:40 am

bobotlito wrote:
fortunato wrote:I mean it took a long long time from 2.1 to 2.2 !
You become a lazy boy, Ryan. I'm sorry, but that's true. You've never been same before. What happens ?
There was an unforgettable time you used to build a new pack every single month, I remember... Where that smart boy has gone ?
Now things have changed...
Well, i'm in no position to hammer!!! you...
but you're a disgusting creature.
Here another man with no sense of humor comes....
Read my previos post, pls...

:P :P :P

User avatar
RyanVM
Site Admin
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by RyanVM » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:24 pm

No offense, but to say you came across extremely rudely would be a vast understatement.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

User avatar
Mavericks choice
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:39 am
Location: Downunder

Post by Mavericks choice » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:35 pm

I can sense Tar & Feathers.

Cheers
MC
The Man from Aus

Fragbert
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:59 am

Post by Fragbert » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:38 pm

Sarcasm is so subtle on the internets that it requires complete fluency in the language you are trying to be witty in. Any language barrier (it's obvious fortunato isn't a native english speaker) can make a light hearted comment sound otherwise. Food for thought...

On a side note - flawless update pack, flawless integrator, THANKS.

User avatar
DjKilla
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:12 pm

Post by DjKilla » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:00 pm

Just wanted to give an update to my earlier post about the battery error message. I created a new build exactly as before but used the new Intergrator 1.5.1 and left out the Xable's Microsoft Update addon (because Ryan's update pack already has it) and changed from Onepiece IE7 addon to MrNxDmX IE7 addon. That's it! Tested in VMware and everything's perfect. Thanks to everyone for helping and to the creators of ALL the addons, Integrator and Ryan's work on the update pack!

-D j K i l l a-

User avatar
roirraWedorehT
Posts: 762
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:25 pm

Post by roirraWedorehT » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:08 pm

Fragbert wrote:Sarcasm is so subtle on the internets that it requires complete fluency in the language you are trying to be witty in. Any language barrier (it's obvious fortunato isn't a native english speaker) can make a light hearted comment sound otherwise. Food for thought...
I know we're off topic now, but I just wanted to say kudos to you Fragbert. That was very well said. I had been searching for the right words to say that ever since his post.

User avatar
roirraWedorehT
Posts: 762
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:25 pm

Post by roirraWedorehT » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:12 pm

DjKilla wrote:Just wanted to give an update to my earlier post about the battery error message. I created a new build exactly as before but used the new Intergrator 1.5.1 and left out the Xable's Microsoft Update addon (because Ryan's update pack already has it) and changed from Onepiece IE7 addon to MrNxDmX IE7 addon. That's it! Tested in VMware and everything's perfect. Thanks to everyone for helping and to the creators of ALL the addons, Integrator and Ryan's work on the update pack!

-D j K i l l a-
That's great news, thanks for the update. (Sarcasm intended-> how dare you enter an on topic message here) :wink:

RickSteele
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:32 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Post by RickSteele » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:39 pm

Actually, I tried a clean install using SP3 RC2 and prefer RyanVM's update pack; not only do I find it to be better-faster, more stable etc., but, I can use the addons here and on RougeSpear's site-DotNet and such. I found with SP3 almost all of them do not work; even if I run just Rouge's DotNet 3.5 original from GUI runonce-which is nothing more than a silent installer.
So, this was a third clean install using Integrator 1.5.1 and nlite 1.4.1 together on the same ISO; a slew of addons and some conventional tweaks etc.-nothing too drastic; all error free, no issues whatsoever. Simply awesome Master Ryan-did ya get that :D -Master; as in Master's degree :lol:
OK, a thousand comedians outa' work and............

User avatar
kontini
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:00 am

Post by kontini » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:42 am

But RVMUP and XPSP3 aren't compatible because of [txtsetup_dirs] section! you could have some problems.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I thought you had integrated rvmup on xpsp3rc2 source.
Image

User avatar
mr_smartepants
Posts: 824
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 5:56 am
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK

Post by mr_smartepants » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:36 am

2.2.1RC1 integrated flawlessly using RVMI 1.5.1
Install on two real machines also flawless!

Great Job Ryan (and all the beta testers).
:D
Image
Some heroes don't wear capes, they wear Kevlar and dog-tags!

windozer
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:38 am

Internet Explorer 7 cumulative updates

Post by windozer » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:10 am

I have seen that the update pack contains cumulative security updates for Internet Explorer 7. Does it mean that IE7 has to be pre-integrated before the update pack? Because if I integrate IE7 afterwards, I suppose the updates for IE7 are not applied.

EDIT:
I tested the RC1 update pack with nLite 1.4.1
First I integrated the update pack, then I integrated IE7. In nLite you can use the IE7 setup executable as addon. This time I got warnings while integrating. For several files nLite told me that 'this file already exists'. So now I am confused in which order I have to integrate. Is it ok to integrate IE7 before the update pack?

Can anyone help me on that?

keegan
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 3:47 am
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Contact:

Post by keegan » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:50 am

I just wanted to chime in and say that I've done 2 real installs with rc1 and it seems to work perfectly so far. Lots of test installs with VMs with a variety of different addons and circumstances with no issues either. Looks good man. Thanks.

RickSteele
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:32 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Post by RickSteele » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:46 am

kontini wrote:But RVMUP and XPSP3 aren't compatible because of [txtsetup_dirs] section! you could have some problems.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I thought you had integrated rvmup on xpsp3rc2 source.
no problemo :D

RickSteele
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:32 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Re: Internet Explorer 7 cumulative updates

Post by RickSteele » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:10 am

windozer wrote:I have seen that the update pack contains cumulative security updates for Internet Explorer 7. Does it mean that IE7 has to be pre-integrated before the update pack? Because if I integrate IE7 afterwards, I suppose the updates for IE7 are not applied.

EDIT:
I tested the RC1 update pack with nLite 1.4.1
First I integrated the update pack, then I integrated IE7. In nLite you can use the IE7 setup executable as addon. This time I got warnings while integrating. For several files nLite told me that 'this file already exists'. So now I am confused in which order I have to integrate. Is it ok to integrate IE7 before the update pack?

Can anyone help me on that?
......no IE7 anything included in RyanVM's update pack. You must integrate IE7 and IE7 hotfixes after slipstreaming the update pack. Some of the files are shared between IE6 and 7, but, IE7's are "new and improved"; at any rate, just let nlite 1.4.1 do it's thing and all is good.
I've successfully done everything all at once using nlite 1.4.1-all update packs, addons, tweaks, removals, slipstreams etc.; as a matter of fact, I did a completely fresh install using only nlite 1.4.1, RyanVM's latest, a slew of addons-including OnePiece_IE7AddOn_2.0.3_ENU, or, letting nlite do the IE7 and IE7 hotfixes slipstreaming, and Boooggy's WMP11 slipstreamer and WMP11 hotfixes, all tweaks, WINNT.SIF, removals, all at once, in one operation, created the ISO, installed flawlessly.
This is my preferred method if I am using only nlite. The only time I take sequence into consideration is if I use Integrator at all; OnePiece's IE7 addons seem to more correctly patch the TCPIP system file updated since nlite 1.4.1 when using either OnePiece_IE7AddOn_2.0.3_ENU or OnePiece_IE7AddOn_2.0.3_ENU_v3_For_RVMi-the latter being preferred if using Integrator and works brilliantly. Also, those "System File Patches" listed in the addons download page do not work with nlite.
Either nlite or Integrator successfully add any of RougeSpear's excellent runtimes, but, only Integrator will automatically place the switchless silent installers for GUI runonce correctly. If using nlite you must place these in your OEM folder, and the command reference in runonce, manually.
On a further note, I have successfully updated my ISO's with any new hotfixes using nlite after Integrator, or nlite alone, that have not found their way into any addons or update packs at the time; the only caveats are:
-any IE specific updates must match what is currently slipstreamed into your ISO; IE7 can only be updated if nlite did the slipstreaming.
-any XP OS specific updates can be included all at once, and/or slipstreamed at any time, using nlite 1.4.1.
-any WMP updates must match that which is currently slipstreamed into your ISO, if WMP11, then, either Boooggy's app or nlite can be used.
When using Integrator 1.5.1-I do not want to make baby Jesus cry :) I only use nlite 1.4.1 to apply tweaks not covered by an addon, create a WINNT.SIF and for removals. I've found the "removal addons" leave traces behind that causes txtsetup to whine about file copy errors-nonfatal-where nlite does not. If nlite does not do a new WINNT.SIF for every fresh ISO creation, versus simply copying one already made previously to the I386 directory, some services, such as System Restore, are not disabled in services if I specify such in Tweaks-wierd :!:
Just some of my experiences, hope this helps :)
Last edited by RickSteele on Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

windozer
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:38 am

Post by windozer » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:52 am

@ RickSteele:

So you say it doesn't matter if I integrate IE7 before the update pack, when using nLite? As far as I have read the nLite wiki, they say that you have to place the hotfixes in order of the release dates. However, when I integrated IE7 just after the update pack, I got those warnings from nLite.

When I use the 'OnePiece_IE7AddOn_2.0.3_ENU', does the order matter in nLite? Do I have to place it before or after the update pack in the addon list?

RickSteele
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:32 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Post by RickSteele » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:21 am

windozer wrote:@ RickSteele:

So you say it doesn't matter if I integrate IE7 before the update pack, when using nLite? As far as I have read the nLite wiki, they say that you have to place the hotfixes in order of the release dates. However, when I integrated IE7 just after the update pack, I got those warnings from nLite.

When I use the 'OnePiece_IE7AddOn_2.0.3_ENU', does the order matter in nLite? Do I have to place it before or after the update pack in the addon list?
...using only nlite always place the update pack first, because any other way just so completely goes against the grain, and all else after; nlite will sort it all out-automatically only slipstreaming the newer versions of files; for now, skip the nlite Patches page-use Integrator 1.5.1 and the system files addons instead to patch TCPIP etc.-my experience.
Save yourself some needless worry and let nlite do its business at default setting-ie: silently slipstreaming the updates/addons without letting you know of what it is doing realtime.

"they say that you have to place the hotfixes in order of the release dates"

No, it does not matter in what physical order the files are actually placed in your directory, or in what order they are inserted in the program.

...this is how nlite does things-I forget the order, newest to oldest or vice-versa; but, it will only allow the newest/most up-to-date file to be slipstreamed in the final compilation-so far, for me anyways.

I actually prefer Integrator 1.5.1 and OnePiece_IE7AddOn_2.0.3_ENU_v3_For_RVMi-using per the directions on his download page-to do the IE7 honors.
The install I'm typing this on was all Integrator 1.5.1, using nlite only for WINNT.SIF, Tweaks and removals. :)

I've posted my nlite 1.4.1 experience here because RyanVM was curious to see how it supported his latest update pack-for me it does; there were no errors at all. Reference here:

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=203

In the end though all your concerns/querries should be addressed to nhui in his MFSN forums, where he, or some other knowledgeable user will definitely reply-and you get it right from the "horses mouth" so to speak.
Here is a good place to start:
http://www.nliteos.com/

One final thing; I am currently not compltetely fluent in all the features Integrator 1.5.1 has to offer, very substantial for a developer to say the least. So, when I become even remotely competent at using these extras, and creating some addons etc., some of the above may change.

Oh, and, because all addons, switchless installers use default directories, or custom directories of the authors choosing, I either modify this to suit my personal partition/directory scheme or do not use that particular addon/installer. I'm very particular about how and where everything is installed-frequently editing the registery to make things the way I wish; so, none of my installs are unattended completely.

User avatar
kontini
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:00 am

Post by kontini » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:08 am

ie7AddOns wrote:... I was wondering if you guys could add this to the addon. MrNxDmX added it to his IE7 addon and it seems to fix the only error still left in my setuperr.log 8)

Code: Select all

[Del.PluginOcx.AddReg]
;Plugin.ocx deletion, thanks HJW
HKLM,"%RUNONCE%","PLUGIN-0",,"regsvr32 /u /s ""%11%\plugin.ocx"""
HKLM,"%RUNONCE%","PLUGIN-1",,"CMD /Q /C DEL ""%11%\plugin.ocx"" /Q/F"
HKLM,"%RUNONCE%","PLUGIN-2",,"CMD /Q /C DEL ""%11%\dllcache\plugin.ocx"" /Q/F"
Ryan, do you think is better using [obsolete_files] section or the MrNxDMx's method (as postsetupruncommand)?
Image

windozer
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:38 am

Post by windozer » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:11 am

Thank you, Rick! I will try with nLite and refer to the forum you pointed me to (in case I get errors). But I guess everything should go fine, although I'm still a noob in all this :-D

User avatar
RyanVM
Site Admin
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by RyanVM » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:33 am

kontini wrote:Ryan, do you think is better using [obsolete_files] section or the MrNxDMx's method (as postsetupruncommand)?
They're equivalent. The only difference is that one puts a message in setuperr.log and one doesn't. I prefer my way to save the space on the CD. I've already said until I'm blue in the face that the error in setuperr.log means nothing, but some people just can't accept that. I'm not changing it, so they'll have to get over it. If others want to waste their time implementing drawn out methods like the above for a complete non-issue, that's their business.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

Alyrian
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:34 am
Location: London, UK

Post by Alyrian » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:56 am

Used RC1 with XP SP2 cd only using the RVM Integrator 1.5.1, 1 VirtualBox and 1 Real install, no problem whatsoever

Same with nLite and few tweaks, no problem at all

Thanks a lot for all your work guys, greatly appreciated. Learnt about it a month ago but it's awesome!

User avatar
RyanVM
Site Admin
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by RyanVM » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:18 pm

2.2.1 final is out, yay! Thanks to all of you who helped test this!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5967
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

Locked