SP3 Slipstreaming Question

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
D0TZLUV3R

SP3 Slipstreaming Question

Post by D0TZLUV3R » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:19 pm

About 2 years ago I baught a retail cd of Windows XP Pro and it came with SP2 included and has IE6,WMP9. I would like to use nLite and slipstream SP3 when I tried it I got asked to remove old hotfixes for proper slipstreaming my question is do I need to update to IE7 and WMP11 before slipstreaming or can it just get slipstreamed alone without IE7 and WMP11. Because Microsoft said they were not intergrating IE7 or WMP11 into SP3 so xp shouldn't be effected correct? And cane someone point me in the right direct to download RyanVM intergrater as all links seem to not download it correctly.

dj75lazer

Post by dj75lazer » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:31 pm

I slipstream SP3 v.5508 on same version of windows with nLite (without removing old hotfixes) and over it I just integrate official IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe and wmp11-windowsxp-x86-enu.exe (with nLite too) and all things work right.
For the record, I integrate also:
- XP SP3 (v5503) Update Pack 1.7
- DotNetFx_All_In_1_Addon_v2.1.7z (3.5 included)
- DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime AddOn - 0.3.3 (March 2008)
- a lot of programs
- all drivers from bâshrat
exactly in this order and all of this work like I want them to (I thx all ppl that do those).
So I guess you can continue like you want it to do in first place.

DizzyDen

Re: SP3 Slipstreaming Question

Post by DizzyDen » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:32 pm

D0TZLUV3R wrote:About 2 years ago I baught a retail cd of Windows XP Pro and it came with SP2 included and has IE6,WMP9. I would like to use nLite and slipstream SP3 when I tried it I got asked to remove old hotfixes for proper slipstreaming my question is do I need to update to IE7 and WMP11 before slipstreaming or can it just get slipstreamed alone without IE7 and WMP11. Because Microsoft said they were not intergrating IE7 or WMP11 into SP3 so xp shouldn't be effected correct? And cane someone point me in the right direct to download RyanVM intergrater as all links seem to not download it correctly.
You do not need to slipstream IE7 or WMP11....

Another option to using nlite to slipstream sp3 is to use the /integrete switch with the sp file to slipstream it....

To do this, copy all contents from your cd to a folder on your hard drive, i recommend copying to C:\XP for simplicity.. make sure you are veiwing all files, including hidden and system files when you copy....

the command would then be (ran inside the folder with sp3 file)

your sp3 filename.exe /integrate:c:\xp

for example, mine is (because i test a lot of them and keep track of the build):

windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu_5508.exe /integrate:c:\xp

c:\xp will then have a completely slipstreamed sp3 installation

This will be the cleanest source you could have without having access to a non sp2 disc.

then you can look into mine or Redxii's sp3 updatepacks ;)
You Can't Get, If You Won't Give
YCGIYWG

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:39 pm

You should not use a disk that has been altered in any way. you want to have a freshly slipstreamed sp3 disk you can use in the future. You should start with a clean disk. Either Gold SP1 or SP2 for best results.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

D0TZLUV3R

Post by D0TZLUV3R » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:29 pm

Where do you type this command for slipstream in the address bar of the folder your in?

project51

Post by project51 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:37 pm

Siginet wrote:You should not use a disk that has been altered in any way. you want to have a freshly slipstreamed sp3 disk you can use in the future. You should start with a clean disk. Either Gold SP1 or SP2 for best results.
I read in the SP3 forum by an MSFT that SP3 can be also slipstream to SP0 (WinXP RTM). That is slipstreaming/integrating only.

But you cannot update an already installed XP SP0 to SP3 without updating it to SP1 or SP2 first.

I will link it when I find it.

roirraW "edor"

Post by roirraW "edor" » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:03 am

Yes, I believe I had read that too, project51. I have indeed in the past slipstreamed 3311 with SP0 and it seemed to go just fine.

DOTZLUV3R, you would type that command in the command prompt (shell). You can choose "Run" from the Start Menu and enter "Cmd" and that would open a command prompt.

For user friendliness in slipstreaming, however, I would just use nLite or the RVM Integrator. Heck, I am perfectly comfortable with the command prompt and I still use it for some things, but I still use nLite for service pack slipstreams. :D

nLite and the Integrator just do the exact same thing that manually typing into the command prompt would do anyway. There's no shortcut or secret to slipstreaming service packs, except for Vista SP1 which is a whole 'nother story.

XIII

Post by XIII » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:32 am

XP SP3 build 5508 slipstreamed fine with SP0 here.
We are one, but we are not the same... Talk to each other!

hatem20

Post by hatem20 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:20 am

thank u man ...