Problem after Patching System Files

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
rubab

Problem after Patching System Files

Post by rubab » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:00 pm

Hi everyone,

Recently i downloaded Windows XP SP3(windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-debug-enu.exe) and integrated it using RVM_Integrator_1.5.3.

After integrating i deleted the Lang,WIN9XMIG,WIN9XUPG & WINNTUPG folder and slipstreamed WMP11 with Windows Media Player 11 Slipstreamer 1.2.5.0.

Then i integrated these Addons respectively using nLite 1.4.5 - Final:

RED_XP_SP3_UpdatePack_2.1.3.7z
DirectX_9.0c_End-User_Runtime_AddOn_0.4.0_-_redxii.7z
NR_IE7en_Addon_2.0.0.7z
DotNetFx_All_In_1_Addon.7z
Kels_CPLBonus_addon_v8.2.5.CAB
Kels_Runtimes_addon_v4.3.CAB
Ricks_VistaRTMFonts_AddOn_v1.1.7z
Ricks_VistaSoundsReplacement_AddOn_70909.7z
AdobeRdr812_AddOn.rar
JRE_6u6_AddOn.cab
Kels_CabTool_addon_v1.8.CAB
Kels_NotePad++_v4.8.5_addon.cab
Kels_Unicode2008_v1.626.6001.18000_addon.rar
Kels_XPero_eXPander_addon_v1.5.cab
NR_CursorsAIO_Addon_1.9.rar
NR_VistaUAP_Addon_1.1.cab
ProgramAddons HashTab 2.0.9.cab
Ricks_7-Zip4.57_Vistadll_AddOn.rar
Ricks_AIOVistaAeroCursors_AddOn_v7.07.03.rar
Ricks_CCleaner2.08.588_AS_AddOn.7z
Ricks_ClicFont1.2.0b_AddOn.rar
Ricks_LSPatch_addon_v1.1.rar
Ricks_Paint.NET3.31_ROExAddOn.rar
Ricks_RecycleBin_SMD_AddOn_v0.4.7z
Ricks_Reg2Inf_AddOn_v0.37.7z
Ricks_RumShot1.1.0.0+Themes_AddOn.rar
Ricks_WinRAR3.7Plus_AddOn.cab
Kels_ResourceHacker_V3.4.0.79_CPL_Addon.rar
SCREENSAVERS_ADDON VISTA.CAB
SysInternals_AddOn_3.5.1.cab

Till here everything was fine and after making an ISO things worked.

After integrating these files:
5er_rubabExplorerSpeedTweaks_Addon.7z
5er_rubabMessengerTweaks_Addon.7z
PatchAddon_HIVESYS_v13c.cab
PatchAddon_SFC_OS_v14.7z
PatchAddon_TCPIP_100_v14a.7z
PatchAddon_UXTHEME_v14a.7z
RegTweaks_Addon_QuickLaunchDEF_dgelwin.cab

I had these message in VMware

And the SFC section was grayed before using the patches.

The setup stopped here. Can anyone kindly tell me how should i solve this problem?

The Hash of my windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-debug-enu.exe is
CRC32: 13734237
MD5: 085292C4877CA2F41EC41E6EDB35B914
SHA-1: E0F7FD1996A34D80FA68CDBF9515419DFE074F29 :(

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:40 pm

Just a question. Have you tried this with everything the same, but using the "regular" SP3 instead of the "debug" version to verify that that is what the patches seem to be incompatible with? If you can verify that, then we can try to figure out why and what to do about it. Just a suggestion.

Cheers and Regards.

crashfly

Post by crashfly » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:55 pm

Actually, I think I may know part of what the problem is. These addons:
  • PatchAddon_HIVESYS_v13c.cab
    PatchAddon_SFC_OS_v14.7z
are Ryan's Integrator compatible only. Mainly because nlite has the above capabilities built in. I do not know if that may be "screwing up" your source.

I guess the big question to ask, are you using Ryan's Integrator or nlite to put in the above addons?
A mind is like a parachute, it only functions when it is open.
--Anonymous

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:32 pm

crashfly wrote:Actually, I think I may know part of what the problem is. These addons:
  • PatchAddon_HIVESYS_v13c.cab
    PatchAddon_SFC_OS_v14.7z
are Ryan's Integrator compatible only. Mainly because nlite has the above capabilities built in. I do not know if that may be "screwing up" your source.

I guess the big question to ask, are you using Ryan's Integrator or nlite to put in the above addons?
They wouldn't mess anything up in nLite. nLite will ignore those patchaddons.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

rubab

Post by rubab » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:08 pm

Actually because the the SFC section of nlite was grayed i skipped the Patching section in Nlite and didn't remove or modify anything with it , i just integrated the files because i am still an amateur in using the Integrator in Unattended mode.

Normally when i integrate i use the integrator. But after trying the integrator and having the above mentioned problem i thought may be nlite would somehow give different results. But the results were the same and nlite didn't change anything .

bphlpt i kept everything the same and tried it with regular SP3 and i didn't had this problem. But because i downloaded the debug SP3 thinking that maybe this would fix what Microsoft said was broken in the first place with regular SP3 .

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:52 pm

rubab wrote: i kept everything the same and tried it with regular SP3 and i didn't had this problem. But because i downloaded the debug SP3 thinking that maybe this would fix what Microsoft said was broken in the first place with regular SP3 .
Broken? What did they say was broken with SP3? If you didn't have any problems with the regular SP3, then I'm confused ... Why did you use the debug version? Of course, now we know that for some reason those addons won't work with the debug version, and I would assume that nLite can't make those changes to the debug version either, since the SFC section was grayed out. Anyone ever heard of this before or have any idea why it is? I would guess that to allow the debug features to work that there must be things added or removed that get in the way of the various patches. Again, since you say you didn't have any problem with the regular SP3, do you still need help with anything? Very curious.

Cheers and Regards.

rubab

Post by rubab » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:50 pm

bphlpt Thannks for the fast reply.

I am not sure what was broken in the first place with regular SP3, i still want to try out the debug version if there is a solution to the problem i have mentioned.

roirraWedorehT

Post by roirraWedorehT » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:51 pm

Just FYI, rubab. The debug version of anything doesn't normally mean it's "debugged". It just means a version for testers and developers that may write additional logs than what is normally written, and similar things.

The "debug" version of SP3 is still the same as far as the Service Pack is concerned. It just enables the additional debugging features which wouldn't be for the average Joe to use.

It's not an alternate version of SP3 to be used if there's problems with the regular version.
Gigabyte case GZ-FA2CA-AJB
Gigabyte MA790X-UD4P with Realtek High Definition Audio
HIS Radeon HD 4850 512MB
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.3GHz
Corsair 4GB DDR2-6400 4-4-4-12
4x1TB SATA RAID 0+1/2x640GB SATA RAID 0/Misc. PATA
Windows 7 x64

rubab

Post by rubab » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:09 am

roirraW "edor" thanks for the info. So you are suggesting that if there is no problem with the regular version then i should stick with the regular version because i am an average Joe.

roirraWedorehT

Post by roirraWedorehT » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:28 am

Yes, absolutely.
Checked Build of XP SP3 Available for Download wrote:
In addition to the standalone packages of Windows XP SP3, Microsoft has made available a set of additional versions, tailoring the releases on specific user scenarios. In this context, the Checked Build of Windows XP Service Pack 3 RTM, Build 5512 is designed to act as the foundation for the development of third-party solutions for the Windows client. In this regard, it brings to the table not only the gold bits of the service pack but also extra items necessary to assist the application debugging process.

The XP SP3 RTM Checked Build is meant to be implemented on machines used to develop and debug software products built on the service pack. In this context, IT professionals and developers are the target audience of the 342.9 MB release, that comes with support exclusively for English, unlike the additional installation packages that are featured in no less than 25 languages.

"Windows XP SP3 was Released To Manufacturing (RTM) on April 21st, with the release to customers and OEMs via the various channels forthcoming. Following the RTM of SP3, some compatibility issues were discovered between Windows XP SP3 and Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS). For this reason, the release of SP3 to the Web was delayed. However, it was available via MSDN and Technet subscription channels. Now it is available on all the usual channels. Microsoft expects to begin automatically distributing Windows XP SP3 via Windows Update in early summer - US Time," said Nick MacKechnie, Senior Technical Account Manager at Microsoft New Zealand.

On top of the standard bits of XP SP3 RTM, Microsoft is also offering through the Checked Build the debugging symbols that are intimately connected with the service pack's binaries. This version of XP SP3 is the best way for IT professionals and developers looking to test drive their software on XP SP3 to access the debugging symbols associated with the release.

"Windows XP SP3 includes all previously released updates for Windows XP, including security updates, out-of-band releases, and hotfixes. It contains a small number of new updates, that can help make it easier for Windows XP customers to be sure their system is up-to-date, but should not significantly change their Windows XP experience," MacKechnie explained.
Gigabyte case GZ-FA2CA-AJB
Gigabyte MA790X-UD4P with Realtek High Definition Audio
HIS Radeon HD 4850 512MB
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.3GHz
Corsair 4GB DDR2-6400 4-4-4-12
4x1TB SATA RAID 0+1/2x640GB SATA RAID 0/Misc. PATA
Windows 7 x64