Slipstream: Problems Installing .NET 2.0

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
ShaneHD

Slipstream: Problems Installing .NET 2.0

Post by ShaneHD » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:42 am

So, I successfully slipstreamed .NET 1.1 (with SP1 and SP1 hotfix). However, I slipstreamed the .NET 2.0 install into the "OS install" and it started to run but during the "copying files" mode, I get the following error:

Error 1406.Could not write value DW0200 to key \Software\Microsoft\PCHealth\ErrorReporting\DW\Installed. System error . Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

I found here (http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/ ... 95101.aspx) that a guy said he did this and it worked:

Just changed the REG_DWORD value of SystemSetupInProgress in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup from 1 to 0,
and install.

This can be done by running the following:
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup /V SystemSetupInProgress /T REG_DWORD /D 0 /F

However, how the heck do I do this for the "slipstreamed" image? I would think the steps above would be "in" a Windows Environment, but I could be wrong. Please help!

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:58 am

You don't mention whose dotNET installer you're using so I'll assume it's Ryan's. I don't believe his includes that fix; it's meant to be used in RunOnceEx.

However, you're not the first person to have run into Stebner's blog. RogueSpear has dotNET installers that include that fix, but you'll need to become a member of his forum to see his releases.

ShaneHD

Post by ShaneHD » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:07 pm

Actually, the install is the download for .NET 2.0 straight from Microsoft.

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:02 pm

Well, you could still grab RogueSpear's to see how he does it. His executable is a self-extracting archive. Just open and look for the CMD file. ;)