Unattended Install with 2.2.2 integrated failing

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
sjpostsr

Unattended Install with 2.2.2 integrated failing

Post by sjpostsr » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:41 pm

My apologies if this posted in the forum.

I am trying to use BDD 2007 to deploy and capture a Windows XP with SP2 image. If I just, use a Windows XP SP2, it installs fine. However, I am trying to figure out how to apply the hotfixes after SP2 after the install and before it installs applications.

I decided that I would try using latest update pack and RyanVM integrator to slipstream the hotfixes.
I copied the contents of the SP2 CD to the hard drive and then using 2.2.2. and the Integrator 1.5.3, I integrated the hotfixes. I then imported the new OS just like I did with the plain XP SP2 CD.

When I boot with the WinPE iso, I go through the steps and choose the OS with hotfixes. It copies all the files and reboots to start the OS installation. Then it goes right back into the setup again and fails to verify the C: Drive and tells me that there is an existing Windows folder and then says it can't find the files needed for setup. I can't figure what is going on.

Do I need to make any changes to the unattend.txt file to using the OS with the integrated hotfixes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.