Setup cannot access the CD containing the Windows XP install

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
Gyan1010

Setup cannot access the CD containing the Windows XP installation files.

Post by Gyan1010 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:30 pm

Anyone ever have the problem where windows cd loads and formats the disk but when it tries to copy the setup files you get the error message I mentioned in the subject line?

It has to be one of my addons or maybe the update pack but even though I am going through them 1 by 1 it may take a while. If someone has a solution already please share.

Gyan1010

Post by Gyan1010 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:35 pm

well I added everything back except the removal tools to remove tour, msn explorer, and a couple other things and it works fine. Those must have been the problem. I used them fine with sp2 though.

Nico

Post by Nico » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:46 pm

I recommend you to use nlite to remove components

(integrator, nlite, then driverpack)
or
(nlite, integrator (for some addons), nlite (remove step), then driverpack)

and if you're on a quest to reduce your source, try this http://gosh.msfn.org/part1.htm (greetings to Gosh)

Gyan1010

Post by Gyan1010 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:03 pm

I already use nlite to adjust settings and make it unattended but haven't used it for removing because I don't want to accidentally remove something I need.

laddanator

Post by laddanator » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:42 pm

Anyone ever have the problem where windows cd loads and formats the disk but when it tries to copy the setup files you get the error message I mentioned in the subject line?

It has to be one of my addons or maybe the update pack but even though I am going through them 1 by 1 it may take a while. If someone has a solution already please share.
Yes had the same problem when I used redxii XP SP3 Update Pack 072008-r04

I know because I tested for three days trying to figure it if I left this update pack out it would load no problem or if I used redxii older version would load tried this with and with out addons

not sure what update pack your using but this may save you some time

WattoDaToydarian

Post by WattoDaToydarian » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:57 pm

Thanks for the info man I was having this same problem with the update pack.
I swapped it for onepiece's and I am currently testing it.
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6438

laddanator

Post by laddanator » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:32 pm

Thanks for the info man I was having this same problem with the update pack.
I swapped it for onepiece's and I am currently testing it
Ya onepiece pack works nice,also ryan beta sp3 works great
use them both its kinda hard to choose which to use they are both so great

Gyan1010

Post by Gyan1010 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:47 am

Yeah I use Red's but I don't have the problem with out addons and I don't have it now that I removed the "removal addons".

The only problem I still have with current build if anyone has any suggestions:

Some bug with driver packs causes WMP 11 (that worked fine with my previous builds) to error when installing because it cant find some file. Google search told me it was the driver packs. Only thing I change with driver packs since it was last working was adding graphics packs. Anyway I just took WMP 11 out of my build for now but would like to find a solution at some point

Second, my WPI Wizard didn't run. Well I left the install running over night when I left work yesterday so it might have run but certainly didn't install any thing it was supposed to. I just updated to 7 and gonna test it on a fresh build next. It did seem to add a shortcut to its website in the default users favorites but I am not sure if that means it ran.

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:03 pm

Why not just dump the i386 dir on your cd/dvd to your hard drive and then modify your registry keys "source path" (there are 3-4 keys to mod, use search in your registry editor) to point to the new hard drive i386?