Open File - Security Warning

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
tcox8

Open File - Security Warning

Post by tcox8 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:20 pm

Hey guys, I have a problem. When installing my slipstream from a network image (i.e. capturing an image of the slipstream after the files have been copied to the hard drive [before the installation of Windows begins]) during the RunOnceEx I get a question:

"Open File - Security Warning" "Do you want to run this file?"

If I run the file it installs fine, however this shouldn't be popping up! Has anyone seen this before or know a fix for it?

OuTman

Post by OuTman » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:55 pm

could you, in the source, detect and unlock the problematic file? (right click > properties > "unlock" at bottom of the window)

conan

Re: Open File - Security Warning

Post by conan » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:47 am

tcox8 wrote:Hey guys, I have a problem. When installing my slipstream from a network image (i.e. capturing an image of the slipstream after the files have been copied to the hard drive [before the installation of Windows begins]) during the RunOnceEx I get a question:

"Open File - Security Warning" "Do you want to run this file?"

If I run the file it installs fine, however this shouldn't be popping up! Has anyone seen this before or know a fix for it?
It seems that you need a tweak:

Code: Select all

REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download" /v "CheckExeSignatures" /t REG_SZ /d "No" /f
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download" /v "RunInvalidSignatures" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments" /v "SaveZoneInformation" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations" /v "LowRiskFileTypes" /t REG_SZ /d ".zip;.rar;.nfo;.txt;.exe;.bat;.com;.cmd;.reg;.msi;.htm;.html;.gif;.bmp;.jpg;.avi;.mpg;.mpeg;.mov;.mp3;.m3u;.wav;" /f
I used this with nLite (added those lines in runonceex->unattended).

OuTman

Post by OuTman » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:52 am

Personally, I use only this setting on my systems:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments]
"SaveZoneInformation"=dword:00000001
With it, EXEs downloaded by IE and Fx3 don't show anymore the file open warning.

tcox8

Post by tcox8 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:41 pm

thanks for the info guys, i'll check the solutions out and test them on Monday when i'm back in the office. :D