RVMintegrater 1.5.4 b9 and sp3.

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
Logos302

RVMintegrater 1.5.4 b9 and sp3.

Post by Logos302 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:17 pm

I seem to be having a problem with rvmintegrater 1.5.4 b9 with Windows XP sp3 Corp. everything runs find as far as I can tell but the resulting detination does not have a sp3.cab file. And of course during the install of this new source it askes for sp3.cab..

If you'd like the log file just ask as I tryed to put it in a code box and it just refuses to do so.

redxii

Post by redxii » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:36 pm

It's merged into driver.cab.

I assume you're trying to install on a Mac.. create an empty text file and rename it to sp3.cab.

Logos302

Post by Logos302 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:44 pm

redxii wrote:It's merged into driver.cab.

I assume you're trying to install on a Mac.. create an empty text file and rename it to sp3.cab.
it's a PC, not a Mac :). I tryed just copying the sp3.cab file back in (Would that screw something up) but I get the error message about frame???.dll missing or something like that (it's in the faq) saying that this was a bad update pack integration and try again. hmm I'll try the makeing a sp3.cab that is blank and see what happens. Is this a bug?

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:06 pm

Check dosnet.inf and txtsetup.sif for any instances of sp3.cab.

If you find any comment out those lines.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

redxii

Post by redxii » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:08 pm

The latest beta is 11: http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7039

You only need a blank sp3.cab if installing on a Mac because they use a stupid method of detecting the service pack (by that cab file).

Logos302

Post by Logos302 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:12 pm

One more piece of information that might have something to do with this is I'm using RIS, and am woundering if RIS is also do something strange like the Mac install is.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:21 pm

I have used Bootcamp for mac a few times and never have noticed an issue with SP3.CAB. If this is true and it may be an issue... then we could allways allow the integrator to create a blank SP?.cab file.

I think that would be a very dumb way for mac to detect a servicepack though.

As for RIS Roguespear is the best person to ask. You can also use his program AutoImage with the integrator and I beleive it has options to make everything perfect for RIS. ;)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

Logos302

Post by Logos302 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:41 pm

I did use Roguespears program at first but as it wasn't working, and my own investigation I found that it was the integrator that was seemamly causing the problem as when I don't use the integrator everything works as it should. Now I have noticed this behavour ever since I started using SP3 and integrating the update packs, so I have not been integrating the update packs, figure it was an sp3 bug that just needed to be worked out. But I will go ask on Roguespears forum as well and see what they have to say.

*Edit : I tried it with just makeing a blank sp3.cab file and everything appears to be working as it should. No Frame*.dll error, So thank you to redxii who gave me the idea to create a sp3.cab file.