Troubleshooting help needed

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
jfcarbel

Troubleshooting help needed

Post by jfcarbel » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:01 pm

I installed an unattended and it finished installing, but I noticed that some SVCPACK true addons like CPUZCPL, Kels CPLLite, WINRAR, WGAV did not install at all.

I checked the txtsetup.sif and I do see the entries there and the CAB and INF files are in SVCPACK. All the SVCPACK switchless installers installed without issue.

Whats odd is that some of my SVCPACK True addons do install just fine, such as SpywareBlaster, Everest, DVDDecrypter.

Is there a log I can check to see what went wrong or what maybe caused the rest to stop installing?

Some of the ones that failed like WINRAR worked great in a previous unattended build, so its not the addons.

One item I do need to correct is I had some SVCPACK intallers like RogueSpears runtimes where I forgot to add the -ai switch and this stopped the install 3 times, but I clicked on the dialogs and it continued on. Not sure if this would effect anything though.

Has anyone seen this happen where some SVCPACKs that are integrated correctly (i.e. correctly in TXTSETUP.SIF and /SVCPACK) yet fail to install?

Any ideas to troubleshoot would help. Anymore info you all need to assist?

I used RVM Integrator 1.5.4 beta 11 to Integrate and NLite for unattended settings and some tweaks.

jfcarbel

Post by jfcarbel » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:39 pm

Anyone? I am really stuck at this point and can't think of what else to check

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:03 pm

It helps us if you're specific regarding what steps you took and which addons you used--maybe by providing links to the addon threads. Then, those of us that haven't had your problem that are willing to help can reproduce it and see for ourselves.

jfcarbel

Post by jfcarbel » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:10 am

Good suggestion I will go thru the intall and provide links to AddOns and order of build so oen could recreate.

An update is that there is definitely something wrong with this install. I tried installing some apps and the installers start and then just quietly die. Nothing in taskbar, nada. Weird. Tried this with Nero7, Nero8, and Abobe Flash.

jfcarbel

Post by jfcarbel » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:21 am

Okay thru multiple builds and some suspicion I found the culprit.

If this AddOn:

Gorki HashTab AddOn = http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php? ... ded&start=

is added it seems to break in some way most any True Addons that complete using TXTSETUP at SVCPACK. For WGAV or Kels CPL Lite, it will break both. Whats Odd is that the Mike Lins Startup tool will install to CPL but the others are missing from Kels CPL lite pack and do not install. It causes some very odd things to happen but I am not sure why as my experience stops there.

I am now using a simple silent switch AddOn for HashTab and all is working in my builds.

Here is my integration order:

Start with Windows XP Pro SP2
b1- Ryan's SP2 Updates
b2- OnePiece ie7 and KB894871
b3- WMP11 slipstream
b4- redxii WGAV and DX9
b5- Runtimes - dotNet Java etc (All RogueSpears, dotNet 3.5 done at RunOnce)
b6- AddOns
b7- Removals and Tweaks with nLite
b8- DriverPacks

I used RVM Integrator 1.5.4 beta 11 to Integrate and NLite for unattended settings and some tweaks.

For those of you who understand this better maybe you can recreate this issue and diagnose the cause with this Addon.