This just escalated, please dont shoot me in the face.

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
Shft_E

This just escalated, please dont shoot me in the face.

Post by Shft_E » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:33 pm

Got my self into a little jam, just trying to get pointed the right direction. I am a graphic designer by trade so some of this stuff is kinda confusing and I just want to be pointed the right way.

My System:
Compaq nc6400
memory: 1GB 533MHz DDR2 SDRAM (2 DIMM)
processor: Dual core T2300E (1.66GHZ)
hard drive: 80 GB (5400 rpm)
operating system: Windows XP Professional

What Happen:
Screwed up my computer, went to reinstall windows from torrent since I dont have the original CD. The copy of Windows I had on here was legit so it should be good. I was informed by a friend to change the PID since his copy was for XP Pro Black.

When I go through install I get this error
Set up cannot copy the file: iaStor.sys
To skip press esc
To quit press F3

When i skip the file it says;
Setup cannot copy the file: iaStor.inf
When i skip this it says;
Setup cannot copy the file: iaStor.cat

If i continue the installation, the pc blue screens when windows boots up.

I looked around some more and found out that I might be missing the drivers for the computer. So I have a couple of questions to make sure I am doing the right thing.

Should I be using nLite or RyanVM Integrator to add my drivers to my XP cd I downloaded?

If so where do I get the drivers for my comp? Something like Driver Genius. My computer is totally down so I am doing all this stuff from another computer. Is there another way to find all the drivers I need?

I just need to be pointed in the right direction since i have no idea what I am doing. I am grateful for any help.
I would be grateful.

Last edited by Shft_E on Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bober101

Post by bober101 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:59 pm

you wont get help here. I dont think being a graphic designer make it ok for you to use warez and ask for help here to hack it even further.I'm sorry but you will have to read forum guide lines next time.You may be legit but you're means certainly aren't.

edit:
nice of you to have removed that torrent from you're post...lol
XP theme source patcher
patches/overwrites ure default xp visual resources

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:46 pm

Just so we're clear, this isn't a warez site. We don't link to warez sites or software. And we don't encourage supporting users of warez copies of Windows--there's no way to know how they've been altered.

Ask the person distributing the software how they mucked it up, or get yourself a legit copy.