Update Catalogs/Qfecheck.exe/Post-install updater

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
mikeypsquared

Update Catalogs/Qfecheck.exe/Post-install updater

Post by mikeypsquared » Thu May 28, 2009 2:41 pm

I love these update packs Ryan and the community have stepped in and volunteered. Good Job.

I was wondering where you guys get your information for these latest updates, besides windows updates. I found Windows update catalogs, but that didn't provide me a detailed historiographical of updates that have been released/superseded. And Microsoft baseline security analyzer didn't help me too much, is there a websites that keeps track of all these updates, rather than installing every os (win2k-vista) and visiting windows update?

The reason i want to know this, is i plan on building autoit scripts, to manual update this, and it'd be nice if Microsoft could explain what updates were/are available and what os this applies to. You guys are very talented, and i just prefer to make a after-the-fact windows update offline, that i can update rather than building iso's every 3 months :p. Also, i know Qfecheck.exe checks quick current hot fixes are installed, but i was wondering if there was a better tool to see which hotfixes r installed, because i don't wana make a c# program that stdreads what Qfecheck.exe says.

Just looking for some general guidance for the people that build updatepacks