Hardware Configuration Affect on Slipstream Quality

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
sarmican

Hardware Configuration Affect on Slipstream Quality

Post by sarmican » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:21 am

:?: What is the influence of the hardware configuration like CPU or chipsets, or graphics on slipstream or update pack integration quality/mechanism? :idea:

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 am

If your hardware is working correctly, no negative impact. The integration/slipstreaming process is hard drive intensive, so if your drive is slow then you'll see longer integration times. It would be wise to defragment and scan your hard drive(s) for errors before starting the process to ensure your system is in good health.

sarmican

Post by sarmican » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:48 am

5eraph wrote:If your hardware is working correctly, no negative impact. The integration/slipstreaming process is hard drive intensive, so if your drive is slow then you'll see longer integration times. It would be wise to defragment and scan your hard drive(s) for errors before starting the process to ensure your system is in good health.
I'm not speaking about the of integration duration but the quality of the product after integration/slipstream. I belive that different hardware configurations can cause to different results in slipstream/integration quality for example the result of the integration of an update pack on a laptop is different to desktop system. I claim this because I have experienced and this can be consequent from three problems:
1. slipstream/integration software source code errors
2. update packs configuration errors
3. Windows XP conflicts with integration/slipstream or integrators
I even believe that slipstram/integration in XP source cd can be different from when you slipstream/integrate in windows vista media

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:47 am

I suppose that depends on what you're slipstreaming. Update packs should work without errors regardless of specific hardware. Hardware manufacturers provide drivers to deal with such issues. Hardware quality is also a factor.

sarmican

Post by sarmican » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:58 am

5eraph wrote:I suppose that depends on what you're slipstreaming. Update packs should work without errors regardless of specific hardware. Hardware manufacturers provide drivers to deal with such issues. Hardware quality is also a factor.
I think you're right. I confirm your point of view