Presetting default screensaver during XP setup ?

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
vodacuza

Presetting default screensaver during XP setup ?

Post by vodacuza » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:05 pm

Is there such an option ?

I saw nlite has a relatively easy method giving the opportunity to the user, to preconfigure default windows theme (the one that shows up after installation)... I choose energy blue 8) and it also affects screensaver cause it-s related to the theme...

But if I have a personal alternative to the default windows screensaver, such as:
"Addon Marine Aquarium Screensaver 3.0.1953.cab"

can i make it default ? overwritting the default (whatever may be) setting ?

I mean some tiny soft to detect if screensaver is enabled on windows kit files, if enabled, then select a certain one... eventually point to a time in minutes, the unused system has to wait, till it launches the screensaver...

But I've thougt that the kind of screensaver addon that I have cannot report to any 3rd party software ..cannot be detected the screensaver unless fully slipstreamed to windows files...

But then I also figured out that a registry entry or inf routine could specify the default option for the screensaver in the end of installation... is that what i need , does anybody has it ? :rolleyes:

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:17 pm

A simple screensaver can be associated with a theme with the following code in a *.theme file, such as Luna.theme. I don't know how it would be done with a more complicated third party screensaver.

Code: Select all

[boot]
SCRNSAVE.EXE=%WinDir%\System32\Bliss.scr
There may be settings in the registry you can use to make those changes, but I don't know where they'd be located.

vodacuza

Post by vodacuza » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:44 pm

thankyou , I ll give it a try like this