How to do this with Integrator?

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
Dyslexic60

How to do this with Integrator?

Post by Dyslexic60 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:27 pm

It seems so far that Nlite is breaking my ua cd. I haven't tested all the steps in between yet but initially it works (after integrator) and at the end it doesn't. This is my procedure:

Clean SP3 Source

1) Integrator to add:
-OnePiece Post SP3
-Adobe Reader Addon
-RS OpenOffice Addon
-Avast Addon
-Burnaware Addon
-Ricktendo CCleaner
-Modified Mr Smartepants Multioem OEMSCAN Addon

2)Nlite to do the following + Unattended settings

Code: Select all

[Components]
;# Operating System Options #
.NET Framework
Tour
NoISOPreset

[Patches]
DoSFC

[Tweaks]
Desktop-Internet Explorer icon-Show
Desktop-My Computer icon-Show
Desktop-My Documents icon-Show
Desktop-My Network Places icon-Hide
Desktop-Wrap icon titles-Enable
Explorer-Associate additional file types with Notepad
Explorer-Show Statusbar in all windows
Explorer-Show the full path in the Title Bar
Internet Explorer-Enable Google URL-Search
Internet Explorer-Keep IE URL-History for-1 Day
Internet Explorer-Set Homepage-www.google.com
Internet Explorer-Set IE-Cache limit to-8 MB
Internet Explorer-Set Internet Explorer to accept 10 connects at a time
My Computer-Add Control Panel to Context Menu
My Computer-Add Device Manager to Context Menu
My Computer-Add Software to Context Menu
Privacy-Remove Alexa
Security-Disable Web Open With prompt
Start Menu-Remove Search For People from Search
Start Menu-Remove Search the Internet from Search
Start Menu-Remove Set Program Access and Defaults
Start Menu-Remove Windows Catalog shortcut
Start Menu-Remove Windows Update shortcut
Taskbar-Disable Language-Bar
Visual Effects-Smooth edges of screen fonts-Clear Type
Windows Media Player-Accept Privacy Statement
Windows Media Player-Optimize fullscreen mode behavior
Windows Media Player-Zoom video to window size

[Drivers]
A few miscellaneous drivers that I probably don't need to add but do just to make sure a few of my devices (Usb nic, etc) work with any system
3) Driverpacks - All of 'em
4) Post DPMS SpeedUp addon with integrator
5) ISO -> Test

What's happening is something is pulling the line to run the OEMAUTO for OEMSCAN out of WINNT.SIF. I'm also having trouble with the malwarebytes addon I've been trying to use and that may be related. What I would like to do is manually do my WINNT.SIF for the unattended and have some addon/reg files or whatever to do the rest of what nlite does for me so I can take that stop out.

Thanks in advance. i'll post back with more details when I have 'em

Dyslexic60

Post by Dyslexic60 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:40 am

Pretty much everything is working fine if I skip nlite. Still an error from MBAM, but perhaps the update will fix that. Driverpacks work, unattended works, MultiOEM works.. Just need to get my tweaks from nlite in my disc somehow.

Would also like to pre-complete the first run wizard on IE8 if possible if anyone knows how to do that.

Thanks.

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:30 pm

This is a known issue and written in the first post of the thread hosting the file over at Siginet's forums.
Known issues:
1) For best results, integrate this addon AFTER nLite and with RVMI and separately from any updatepack integration to ensure all files are edited properly.
nLite will not integrate this addon properly because of the unsupported [DirMove] section; unless a new version of nLite is released that supports that function.
Also, because this addon modifies i386\winnt.sif, and nLite will overwrite winnt.sif if found, it's vital to run this addon AFTER nLite to preserve the added sections.
Skip my addon in the first run, then use RVMi to integrate it last on it's own just before DriverPacks.
Some heroes don't wear capes, they wear Kevlar and dog-tags!

Dyslexic60

Post by Dyslexic60 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:41 pm

mr_smartepants wrote:This is a known issue and written in the first post of the thread hosting the file over at Siginet's forums.
Known issues:
1) For best results, integrate this addon AFTER nLite and with RVMI and separately from any updatepack integration to ensure all files are edited properly.
nLite will not integrate this addon properly because of the unsupported [DirMove] section; unless a new version of nLite is released that supports that function.
Also, because this addon modifies i386\winnt.sif, and nLite will overwrite winnt.sif if found, it's vital to run this addon AFTER nLite to preserve the added sections.
Skip my addon in the first run, then use RVMi to integrate it last on it's own just before DriverPacks.
Wow. I feel dumb. Thanks for the heads up. I'll give it another go and see whats left to do after that.

Dyslexic60

Post by Dyslexic60 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:53 pm

That seems to pretty much nail it all down. Few little details left if anyone has some input...

These entries appear in HJT after the clean install. Any idea why or how to prevent them? Perhaps a regfile run on first boot that deletes them as a work around but...

Code: Select all

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [KB976002-v5] rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection OPMWXPUP.inf,BrowserChoiceGoo (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [_nltide_3] rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,C,,4,N (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [KB976002-v5] rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection OPMWXPUP.inf,BrowserChoiceGoo (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [_nltide_3] rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,C,,4,N (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [KB976002-v5] rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection OPMWXPUP.inf,BrowserChoiceGoo (User 'Default user')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [_nltide_3] rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,C,,4,N (User 'Default user')
O20 - Winlogon Notify: RailNotification - C:\WINDOWS\
Finally Last wishes:
Pre-Complete IE8 First Run Wizard
Pre-Hide (Do not show this update again) in windows update
-Windows Live Essentials
-Windows Search

Next mission is to create multi-boot DVD with all three editions of windows (home,pro,mce) and have it share the files for the multioem and driverpacks. Then I'll be satisified I think.

Thanks!

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:29 pm

You want Siginet's PowerPacker. I use it and it does exactly what you described.
Some heroes don't wear capes, they wear Kevlar and dog-tags!

Dyslexic60

Post by Dyslexic60 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:11 pm

mr_smartepants wrote:You want Siginet's PowerPacker. I use it and it does exactly what you described.
Actually downloaded it yesterday and have only just started looking into it, thanks again for the help and all the other work you do around here that I benefit from :)