post sp2 pack into swedish...?

Creating a translated version of the update pack? Talk about it here.
gusgez

post sp2 pack into swedish...?

Post by gusgez » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:17 am

Hi,

can some one please turn the Post SP2 pack into swedish! Would realy appreciate it!

regards

akaidiot

Post by akaidiot » Mon May 01, 2006 4:18 pm

I would be interested in this also!

ViVa

Post by ViVa » Mon May 01, 2006 4:23 pm

Haha, like as if it's 5 min's work... ;)

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Mon May 01, 2006 5:53 pm

believe me, that ryans or others doing a very hard job. it takes hours to collect, download, integrate, test, etc.etc....

Warcenter

Post by Warcenter » Wed May 24, 2006 6:53 pm

Well if someone could get that guide up on the forum i could give it a try to make a Swedish pack for it..

Mille

I'll help.

Post by Mille » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:13 pm

Would be good to see a swedish pack out there.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:41 pm

There are guides on the forum. It is a matter of using tools like InstallRite to record changes to the registry and finding all of the files that are placed on the hard drive when installing the hotfixes.

You can also extract each hotfix and find the files that will be used. There is also an inf file that shows the registry edits as well.

It is a very extensive job. I would try to help you out but I am still learning the best ways to make it as well. And it might be difficult for me to make one for a different language. When I have some extra time I may dig into it some more and see if I can find out how to make the updatepacks as well as RyanVM, Booogy, XaBLe, and the others. My time is very limited latley. But I would love to see updatepacks for all languages.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

WhackOne

Working on Swedish pack

Post by WhackOne » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:06 pm

It is a very extensive job.

No sh*t... But it beats talking to starfish all day :wink:

I have got me the tools, Notepad++, vmware, InstallRite and think I got me quite a good grasp of the files after lurking here for a few days.

At the moment i have KB893803, KB898461, KB918899, KB911567, KB920214, KB887472, KB911564 and Microsoft Windows Script 5.6 ready i swedish. My goal at this point is getting msupdate silent, and on top of that remove any wrinkles such as getting dx9 and flash up to date.

On InstallRite, it isn't that good but it help one to see which way to go. I prefer to check the inf files when they are availble.

Ohh... and I did find a spelling error in one of micro$ofts inf files...
//Whack
//One of these...