Working on a Brazilian translated version of RVM pack. Help.

Creating a translated version of the update pack? Talk about it here.
gugutz

Working on a Brazilian translated version of RVM pack. Help.

Post by gugutz » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:08 pm

I´m already translating the lang file for the Integrator, translating it to pt-br Portuguese-Brasil or Brazilian).

One question: i only extract RVM pack with WinRAR (if it´s possible, i haven´t downloaded it yet, i´m on a 56k dial-up connectino, but it is already downloading right now.) and replace the hotfixes in ENU language to hotfixes in my lang (ptb)???

Do i have to translate any .lng or .ini file? If yes, witch ones?

I´m working to make the translated pack as fast as possible.

thanks for now.

gugutz

Post by gugutz » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:50 am

hey, i need a little help here.
the integrator is not extractable, so how do i put the lang file in it?

and about the update pack, all the files under svcpack folder are in .cad formats.

how to i convert my hotfixes to .cad and place them into ryanvm update pack to make the brazilian version?

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:06 am

1- You just put the .lng file in the same directory no need to extract anything.

2- The svcpack files are .cat files (Security Catalogues) you can find these after the instalation of a hotfix in the folowing folder ?:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}

3- Im not quite sure but I think Ryan Patches the Files the regular way on an actual machine with all the downloaded hotfixes from M$, then exports the patched files, example: shell32.dll and explorer.exe, along with all the regentries plus some other tweaks. (For this you might need a Home version and a Pro of XP)

IMHO I dont think you are quite ready for making an UpdatePack yet... Start off small with addons then work your way up to the UpdatePack. ;) Boa Sorte!
EDIT: Yumeyao is a pretty smart dude he might help.