[Comming Soon] XP UpdatePack Latino (Spanish)

Creating a translated version of the update pack? Talk about it here.
ricktendo64

[Comming Soon] XP UpdatePack Latino (Spanish)

Post by ricktendo64 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:08 pm

I'm about to start making a XP ES Post SP2 UpdatePack (Spanish) and was wondering if you guys (MrNxDmX, Ryan, Xable, booogy) have any tips for me like:

- Use InstallWatch or InCtrl5?
- Start with a fresh install and dl ONLY the crytical updates or just mod Ryans or Xables Pack by using his hotfix links?
- Where do I upload it?

For Siginet or nuhi... Whats the spanish equivalent to this?

Code: Select all

forcelang=English
language=English
Any tips no matter how small will be gr8

P.S. Can I have permission from booogy and MrNxDmX to translate WMP11 and IE7 addons?

yumeyao

Post by yumeyao » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:53 pm

- Use InstallWatch or InCtrl5?
my way is to extract KBxxxx.exe files to get files i need.
- Start with a fresh install and dl ONLY the crytical updates or just mod Ryans or Xables Pack by using his hotfix links?
i suggest you mod one pack. sometimes those unpublic hotfixes help a lot.
http://thehotfixshare.net/
visit this to get some unpublic hotfixes or updates. (however i don't find many spanish hotfixes here, but i see KB888111, KB921411 and KB885855, i'm sure you'll make use of them.)
when you're modifying a pack, you have to replace files(including CAT files, and files in asms is available when you extract a KBxxxx.exe, you will see an "asms" folder under sp2qfe folder), mod reg infos(just see what is in your reg using regedit or other 3-party tools), mod entries.ini(here, please take note of [txtsetup_dirs] section, which CONTAINS a language factor)
after that, you can use a fgcba(search it within the forum) to check if you pack has some fatal errors.

- Where do I upload it?
www.rapidshare.com
for first use, click "Free Zone - Collector's Zone Login" to create a free user, so that you can visit how many times your files are downloaded and you can delete old files.
Login.
add https://ssl.rapidshare.com/cgi-bin/collectorszone.cgi to your bookmarks for future visiting(you will not have to login again).

BTW, when you are replacing hotfixes, you may find still some hotfixes are not available in your language. then you can check the propeties of the files inclued in a hotfix(a easy way is they are listed in rvmuppck.inf, the files which is marked "obsoluted" you don't need to check) in your system, if you find their language is "english" or "neutral"(nearly all *.sys files and some *.dll files is - i know one *.sys file is not, but i don't remenber which one, you can consider to use what in Ryan's pack, else, you can use a lower file-ver hotfix in you language to replace it or if no lower file-ver hotfix, just delete it.

and .. when you are replacing files, use files under "sp2qfe" but not "sp2gdr", and when you are replacing registry infos, for example KB935448. you may find this in your registry
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP3\KB935448\Filelist\0]
"FileName"="hhctrl.ocx"
"Version"="5.2.3790.2847"
"BuildDate"="Mon Apr 02 13:58:28 2007"
"BuildCheckSum"="94a8e"
"Location"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP3\KB935448\Filelist\1]
"FileName"="hhctrl.ocx"
"BuildDate"="Mon Apr 02 13:58:28 2007"
"BuildCheckSum"="94a8e"
"Location"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\DllCache"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP3\KB935448\Filelist\2]
"FileName"="hhctrl.ocx"
"BuildDate"="Mon Apr 02 14:36:51 2007"
"BuildCheckSum"="8df7f"
"Location"="c:\\windows\\$hf_mig$\\KB935448\\SP2QFE"
the first and second file infos are about hhctrl.ocx in SP2GDR, the third one is about hhctrl.ocx in sp2qfe, so you choose infos in the third part. and you don't need "dllcache".
so the result is
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP3\KB935448\Filelist\0]
"FileName"="hhctrl.ocx"
"BuildDate"="Mon Apr 02 14:36:51 2007"
"BuildCheckSum"="8df7f"
"Location"="c:\\windows\\system32"
and %11 means system32 folder so in a inf file it is "%11"

hope any help :D
any question is welcome, also you can pm me or add my msn as your contact.
My work list(Hosted by dumpydooby)

Siginet
Site Admin

Re: [Comming Soon] XP UpdatePack Latino (Spanish)

Post by Siginet » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:20 pm

ricktendo64 wrote:For Siginet or nuhi... Whats the spanish equivalent to this?

forcelang=English
language=English
The integrator does not read those entries. I have never implemented that. Never really saw a need for it. If the user decides they want to use an updatepack/addon for a different system language that should be their own choice. I don't really see someone accidentally downloading a dutch updatepack and integrating it to their french xp... unless they wanted to. ;)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

yumeyao

Post by yumeyao » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:59 pm

Hi Siginet, don't forget to add a section to copy files from i386\lang to i386(i pmed you 6 months ago) in future Integrator Versions :wink: , as soon as you'v made it, i'll get my Japanese updatepack modified, then release it :wink:

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:15 pm

Thanks yumeyao, Im pretty good at making addons and I have made a WLAN Hotfix UpdatePack type addon for my Windows Sidebar so I'm better off than some I have seen try to make updatepacks.

Thanks for the qfe files info btw... I was wondering which to use

yumeyao

Post by yumeyao » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:27 pm

yeah, i know you are good at making addons, so i omitted defining a entries.ini or a *.inf file.

Ryan prefers qfe. qfe takes no trouble.
if you use gdr, you'd better also add qfe -- like this "c:\\windows\\$hf_mig$\\KB935448\\SP2QFE".
well, limited by my poor english, i can't explain it very clearly. qfe is like a "get-togethered" pill, which can cure of other sickness as well as the sickness it points to; while gdr is like a single pill, which can only cure of the sickness it points to. so if you install a hotfix, the hotfix may require another hotfix's qfe version. so qfe is good.

the qfe files info i wrote is an easy way to find checksum and build time of qfe files, because some when you install the system will take gdr.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:31 am

QFE files are cumulative updates to the files. GDR files contain only specific fixes.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... -us;824994
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:23 pm

yumeyao wrote:Hi Siginet, don't forget to add a section to copy files from i386\lang to i386(i pmed you 6 months ago) in future Integrator Versions :wink: , as soon as you'v made it, i'll get my Japanese updatepack modified, then release it :wink:
I still do not see the need to add a special section for this. You can use the FileMove section and then DirDelete

[Filemove]
jpn_lang\*,lang\*

[DirDelete]
jpn_lang
This would ensure the japanese lang files are placed in the lang folder. Is there some reason this will not work? I'll re-read your pm to see if I am missing something.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:30 pm

OMFG this is harder that I thought... Im not one to give up early but F&$% I'm considering it

yumeyao

Post by yumeyao » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:24 pm

ricktendo64 wrote:OMFG this is harder that I thought... Im not one to give up early but F&$% I'm considering it
yeah, to build an updatepack is much harder than an addon.
however, once if you have finished it, you'll find it easy. :D

GO IT! 加油! がんばって!

yumeyao

Post by yumeyao » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:27 pm

To Siginet, i'll try it soon after i finish my chinese works. :)

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:28 pm

yumeyao wrote:[once if you have finished it, you'll find it easy. :D
Yea I get what you mean... It just that there is so dam manny updates

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:06 am

ricktendo64 wrote:OMFG this is harder that I thought... Im not one to give up early but F&$% I'm considering it
Haha!!! Why do you think you have never seen a SiginetUpdatePack?? It is a very time consuming job. With all the work I do on my programs.. I doubt if I'll ever have time to create an UpdatePack. :( Everyone who has accomplished making one deserves a lot of credit. The task is a big one.

@yumeyao Please do try what I mentioned as soon as you can. If it fails to work for you please explain in detail why it doesn't work and I will implement something in 1.5 for you. But if it works there shouldn't be a need for an extra command. ;)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

yumeyao

Post by yumeyao » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:47 am

@ricktendo64 i made a wmp10 addon really long before i made the first updatepack. The reason i didn't make an updatepack was like you two said -- too hard work.
but later, a chinese person made one, then modified by another person. i think the second one copied the first one's work because at that time, their packs were obsolutely similair, even they got the same mistakes(and those mistakes remained a long time before the second person asked me how to do a correct work)..... i always hate those who use technology to gain fame, especially those whose technology is not perfect. they develop the pack not for use(if for use, those mistakes wouldn't have remained that long), but just for other people's clicking. so it determinated me to do this very hard work. :wink:

@Siginit, now i'm got in http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4779 , when it's solved, i'll soon continue my japanese work.
Damn CAB files do not support modifying like RAR and ZIP... i'll have to archive drivers.cab for times.
BTW, does your 1.5 need language resources of menu??