Request for GreeK Post sp3 Update pack

Creating a translated version of the update pack? Talk about it here.
Nic01

Request for GreeK Post sp3 Update pack

Post by Nic01 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:03 pm

Hi all,
i m in the process of creating a slipsteam of windows xp pro x86 GR but i cannot use an english update pack,right?So if anyone can provide any info on how to do that or if theres a greek post sp3 updt pack already ,i d be greatful and a happy slipstreamer!

Thanks in advance for all your answers

yumeyao

Post by yumeyao » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:43 pm

you can start making you own Greek updatepack by translating an existing english one. Using an update pack for another language is accepted but not recommended.

1. basicly and theoretically, you have to replace all files in the pack with Greek ones.

extract the pack first. then install hotfixes by using parameter "/b:sp3qfe /q"(if you want to use gdr branch, use /q only). finally after rebooting, grasp files from your system.

I personally suggest you make your first pack by above. For future updating(you may not want to do a full translating once you have done an old one), you can grasp files from hotfixes by running them with parameter "/x".

2. entries.ini and *.inf(for Ryan's pack, it's RVMUpPck.inf) are files you should edit.

for entries.ini, only few editing needed: [general] section, and localization infos(i.e. you should replace strings containg en-us, 0409, 1033, etc. with your specific ones.

for RVMUpPck.inf, you can either edit the hotfixes info or not. You should find [T13.UpdateTimeZones.RunCommand] and then replace the timezone names with your own.
Pattern:
"tzchange.exe /X ""Egypt Standard Time"" xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
YOU SHOULD ONLY LOCALIZE those string existing in the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx part.
The first given one, for example, "Egypt Standard Time" here, mustn't be modified.
My work list(Hosted by dumpydooby)

Nic01

Post by Nic01 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:00 pm

Hi yumeyao,

...thanks for trying to help .
I guess these instructions u offer r considerably simple but im afraid im not that skilled to be able to fully understand them.So if u could possibly be a bit more explanatory.
For example ,what do u mean by that:["then install hotfixes by using parameter "/b:sp3qfe /q"(if you want to use gdr branch, use /q only). finally after rebooting, grasp files from your system. "] ?
I already have one piece's post sp3 update pack in english xp and have dowloaded updates,hotfixes wmp11 and ie8 ,all in greek.Can i use all those?How exactly?
I ve already slipstreamed succefully an english xp version but i m afraid this is too much for me.
Do u think is possible to ask someone to provide a pack for me?

PS:pls forgive any bad english

Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:08 am

You can use Windows XP English + Onepiece UP + Greek MUI. Dont forgot install WMP11 & IE8 MUIs

Nic01

Post by Nic01 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:02 pm

I can't use xp english cause i own a greek version of xp .The english one i already slipstreamed was downloaded so i don't have a vlk for that one.

yumeyao

Post by yumeyao » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:12 pm

@Nic01,
don't be afraid and take a try.

In fact, most of us don't use this method. But I suggest you to install all the hotfixes, and then get the files from your hard drive, for example C:\windows\system32\*.*, use these updated localized files to replace those in onepiece's pack. I did it this way when I first learnt how to make an update pack.
My work list(Hosted by dumpydooby)

Nic01

Post by Nic01 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:13 pm

Well ,

what i have is win xp pro x86 cd(GR) /one pieces post sp3 pack/updates n hotfixes(GR)/SP3(GR)/and finally nLite.
My main problem is on how to replace the files in one piece's pack with the one's i got.i don't just delete and replace ,right?
Conan suggested i could use this also:
http://ifile.it/wjqpi5l/onepiece_wmp_plus_addon.cab.
...The trick s on how to modify the infs with the localized strings .Any help would be appreciated here...
Hey, if i m asking too much ,no worries, just say so.

conan

Post by conan » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:33 am

Nic01 wrote:Well ,
Conan suggested i could use this also:
http://ifile.it/wjqpi5l/onepiece_wmp_plus_addon.cab.
No I suggested else. Here I said that I can import some registry tweaks from RunOnce using two files (.ini and .inf). Read again that page. If you want to import registry tweaks from RunOnce to All Users with admin credentials, you can use those files with some changes.

Nic01

Post by Nic01 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:58 pm

Oh ,u r right conan,sorry.That was Nonno's info adressing to you.

So how do i modify Onepiece's EN-US Windows XP Post-SP3 All-in-One Update Pack in order to use it with my greek updates and hotfixes?That s my issue right?