WPI RVMintegrator Plug-in - user options

Discuss & post all WPI addons to the RyanVM Update Pack here. This forum is no longer active and is displayed for reference only.
proximous

WPI RVMintegrator Plug-in - user options

Post by proximous » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:27 pm

I use the WPI plug-in with the RVMintegrator. I'd like to customize some of the options. I updated the "useroptions.js" file in the .\Plugins\WPI\WPIScripts directory, but the RVMintegrator seems to always create and use a file called "runonceex_options.js".

What is the right way to handle this? Is there a better way to accomplish this other than copying my "useroptions.js" over the "runonceex_options.js" before I make my ISO? My appologies if this is explained somewhere and I missed it.

Thanks.

Proximous

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:15 am

It really sounds like you are getting more interested in making a custom WPI setup if you look on the main post there is a $oem$ file for download simply make a full WPI setup and put the WPI folder and the $oem$ folder at the root of your disk and you'll not have to use the integrator anymore.

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:15 am

Otherwise you will have to save over the runonceex_options file.

proximous

Post by proximous » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:35 pm

I'm really trying to keep things simple, and for me handling everything with the RVMintegrator is super simple.

I just wanted to change the Theme and the default timeout. I was hoping I could make these changes once in the integrator's plug-in directory, and then have these changes as the new "default". I love the simplicity of just adding WPI addons to the integrator and having it setup WPI for me. This way my only action is chosing which WPIaddons for the integrator...no moding scripts to account for different installer combinations or new file versions.

I added Themes to the "Themes" directory in the integrator plug-in directory and they copied over to my install directory. The useroptions.js also copies over with my modifications...only the integrator creates some new "runonceex_options.js" from somewhere and uses that instead. Is this "runonceex_options.js" built into the Integrator such that I can't modify it?

BTW, WPI is an awesome tool!!! Thanks for sharing! And thanks to Siginet for supporting it with the RVMintegrator!