Please Help! Why won't this work

Discuss & post all WPI addons to the RyanVM Update Pack here. This forum is no longer active and is displayed for reference only.
Gyan1010

Please Help! Why won't this work

Post by Gyan1010 » Tue May 06, 2008 3:01 pm

Ok I created myself an unattended Office 2007 Enterprise install. Then I combined all of the files into a switchless installer using the 7z method so I have only 1 .exe file. This install works perfect when I run it normally. I tried making it into a normal addon and it did not work I think because some of the install options require the .net stuff which I have in a pack but apperently gets installed after.

I then tried making it into a WPI install and although the .exe file gets copied properly to the \WPI\Install\ folder, it does not seem to get installed. What am I doing wrong? All of the other 7z switchless installer addons I made have worked.

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Tue May 06, 2008 10:33 pm

Maybe try leaving it out of the 7zip sfx?

I have experienced trouble before with installers that have a setup.exe (installshield unpacked installers) once it launches setup.exe and setup.exe process is closed, 7zip sfx thinks that the program is done installing so it will delete the temp folder and move on

In my experience WinRAR SFX is the best way to go about this so, try WinRAR

If that does not work you can leave the files unpacked in a WPI\Install\o2k3 folder and add the command sot WPI config

Gyan1010

Post by Gyan1010 » Wed May 07, 2008 9:31 am

I never used WPI before and didnt know I had to turn it on in plugins so that was probably it. Also this time I am using the WPI Wizard 6.4.1 although I am not sure if I have to do anything to make it run other than just put it in the WPI folder and add programs to it's config menu. Does windows automatically check for it or do I need to edit something else on the disk?