making a thumb drive to update an off-network system

Windows XP Professional Update Pack discussion.
daveb

making a thumb drive to update an off-network system

Post by daveb » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:50 pm

I know that this has probably been asked and answered till you are blue in the face but, would anyone be so kind as to point me to some info on how to make a USB drive with all the post sp3 updates for systems that are off of the network. I already have a slipstreamed ISO that I update monthly but what about doing mass updates to a system that is already up and running?

Thank you in advance.
Dave

Yermato

Re: making a thumb drive to update an off-network system

Post by Yermato » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:54 pm

daveb wrote:I know that this has probably been asked and answered till you are blue in the face but, would anyone be so kind as to point me to some info on how to make a USB drive with all the post sp3 updates for systems that are off of the network. I already have a slipstreamed ISO that I update monthly but what about doing mass updates to a system that is already up and running?

Thank you in advance.
Dave
Hello Daveb, you can use a tool called "WSUS Offline Update[http://www.wsusoffline.net]" for this task.
It will create a portable application folder which will contain all the updates you checked in.

You can find XP under "Legacy Products".

Make sure you have atleast 4GB space left on your USB.
You can check multiple Windows versions 32x + 64x on one go, it will automatically know which updates to install.
Just be sure to have atleast 15GB space left if you check everything for your language + Office updates.

If needed, it can also create an ISO to burn on a DVD.

Good luck.

mooms

Post by mooms » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:34 pm

Alteration of the world
Want to thank me ? If you buy something on Banggood with this link, I will earn a little %.

daveb

THANK YOU!!!

Post by daveb » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:56 am

Thank you guys soooooooo much for the responses. Your direction has really saved me some time in finding this.

I raise my glass to you and wish that the next time you need to find some info on a forum that you are met with as great responses as I have been by you!